shape
carat
color
clarity

Yogo Sapphire

binay1702

Rough_Rock
I was looking for Yogo Sapphire online when I saw this fabulous stone https://gemgallery.com/product-475 and immediately fell in love for it. But, the price of the stone is beyond my budget. Here, I am looking for opinions from experts on this pretty gem.=)2

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry but your link doesn't work.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horribly windowed and gray. I would pay the inflated asking price either.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Sorry, this is still not working

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A 1.05 Yogo sapphire is a rare item. That said, due to a strong regional market, Montana sapphires in general and Yogo sapphire in particular has never conformed to the international market in price. I'm not surprised to see a price more than twice the price of a comparable Ceylon stone. In addition, most Yogo's have a distinct grayish mask which sapphires from other regions rarely exhibit.

RWW

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Agree!

Would never pay 15K for such a quality...

And a comparable ( windowed and gray masked ) Sri Lanka sapphire is less than 1000 $...

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Without additional pictures, I would be concerned that this gem is windowed. I think color is a personal choice.

Are you in the marked for a Yogo or simply a Montana sapphire? Both will be expensive compared to sapphires from other regions. Also GemGallery is located in Bozeman, Montana. From my experience, jewelry and gem prices in Bozeman are inflated.

If you give us an idea about what you are looking for in shape, size, and budget, you might get some suggestions.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think the stone is windowed, it looks like the photo is tilted, so you are not looking straight down on the stone. From the side view, the angle of the pavilion facets look deep enough to avoid a window.

Typically stores selling Montana Sapphires in Montana, get a higher price. This is due to the novelty of tourist buying a stone locally, thinking they are getting a better deal.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think the stone is windowed, it looks like the photo is tilted, so you are not looking straight down on the stone. From the side view, the angle of the pavilion facets look deep enough to avoid a window.

Typically stores selling Montana Sapphires in Montana, get a higher price. This is due to the novelty of tourist buying a stone locally, thinking they are getting a better deal.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had sticker shock when I visited my dad in Montana. I couldn’t believe the prices of the sapphires. Needless to say, I didn’t buy one. My dad did spoil me with a Ruby Reservoir garnet pendant necklace though.

I agree that prices I’ve seen of Montana sapphires outside of Montana are lower. Good luck in your search.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone here for sharing their wonderful opinions.I am looking for Yogo Sapphire because of its color which I feel is mesmerizing. Besides, in my opinion Yogo sapphire will have same popularity and reputation in coming days as Kashmir Sapphire holds now. I am looking for at least 1.0 +ct round stone and have not particular figure for budget but If i could get a nice stone in $5-6K , I will really be glad.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinion.Though depth is more than 4.0 mm so, I thought that is the reflection.

binay1702

Rough_Rock

Thanks for suggestions.I always keep reading your views on this forum.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
A 1.05 Yogo sapphire is a rare item. That said, due to a strong regional market, Montana sapphires in general and Yogo sapphire in particular has never conformed to the international market in price. I'm not surprised to see a price more than twice the price of a comparable Ceylon stone. In addition, most Yogo's have a distinct grayish mask which sapphires from other regions rarely exhibit.

RWW
Thanks for sharing your views. I use to see some mystical charm in the color of Yogo sapphires.I always keep searching for their pictures and pricing .I will get over of it only when i will hold it for once at least. I think the pricing of Ceylon Sapphire is nowhere closer to Yogo Sapphire.And in my opinion , Yogo Sapphire deserves that.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Without additional pictures, I would be concerned that this gem is windowed. I think color is a personal choice.

Are you in the marked for a Yogo or simply a Montana sapphire? Both will be expensive compared to sapphires from other regions. Also GemGallery is located in Bozeman, Montana. From my experience, jewelry and gem prices in Bozeman are inflated.

If you give us an idea about what you are looking for in shape, size, and budget, you might get some suggestions.
Thanks. I am looking for Round Yogo sapphire with 1.0 + ct.

jewelryhoo

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your loose sapphire gemstone is quite well that i feel,however it is really expensive,too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results