shape
carat
color
clarity

Yippie for dream housing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited I just had to create a whole thread for this. On Saturday we were gonna go to a park in another town to walk around as the weather was kinda nice and on the way over there I reminded S of this neighborhood/community that was new and kind of the style homes we like. (we sometimes like to look at dream homes...
27.gif
) So we drive over there and it was gated so we couldn't go in.

Then I mentioned another place just up the road a ways. So we decide to check it out but while driving up this road, we weren't finding it. We turn on another street to turn around but then drive down this street and onto another one. And.......what did we find? THE PERFECT area with new housing being built in the styles we LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
We were so excited. So we drove into it and there are only about 7 homes (mostly unfinished) there right now but it's PERFECT for us. There was one model home/open house but the door was locked. We peeked in the window instead. Anyway, it's on the west side of town so its right up against the mountains where there is wildife like deer, fox, coyotes....and you have an amazing view of downtown, yet you are so close to everything. I LOVE it!!!
31.gif
It kind of has this 'small town' feel to it, which I never thought I'd like but it isn't in a small town, I think you just get that feeling because of it's secluded location right up against the mountain. S said it would be great because they can't do much building where these homes will be located!!! Also, the commute from there to my work wouldn't be bad at all and the commute where S would get a job with the government wouldn't be bad either! (compared to other homes we have looked at that we like that all seem so far away from my work)

Only problem- it's A LITTLE pricy right now
20.gif
(which figures) but, we aren't going to get a house now anyway. We started talking about how I'm saving most of my money for a future house, trying to figure out how much I could save within the next so many years. If he gets a better job, then he would have the opportunity to save some more money as well. Then we could possibly have a nice size down payment in the future. (With added money from his current condo!) They plan on building over 40 properties there and with the economy these days, I'm quite certain that they won't have that done by the time we go looking for a house in the future. I so badly wish we could get a home over there. It's so perfect for us...
30.gif

Just needed somewhere to gush about it!
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! FF and I do the same thing. We look online a lot, too. Last year, right when we first started talking about marriage, we took walks around neighborhoods we liked and went on the swings and fantasized about future dogs and babies that could run around in the parks!

That area sounds awesome! Would you guys buy a house before engagement or before marriage?

If it''s underconstruction, are there floorplans online anywhere? I love looking at floorplans. Yes, I''m a weirdo!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! We became so interested in homes back in the summer. We''ve gone into several open houses (not intending to buy) but looking at them anyway and coming to the conclusion of how our dream house will look. (That is also when we got into watching HGTV
31.gif
)

We would buy a house after marriage actually. But this is great because it gives us time to save save save! I''ll get some floorplans for you. We love looking at them too. We''ve looked at books at Lowe''s that is only floorplans.....At least we can be weirdo''s together elle!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamgirl!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

That's really fantastic that you found an area you love, and it's in the perfect location! When are you thinking you'll be buying? In a couple years? BF and I have looked at some listings too but we won't be buying for a long long time!

EDIT: Oops we posted at the same time!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol That's ok brown!
2.gif
My guess......and this is a guess.......is somewhere within 3-5 years maybe? I'll bet they will still be building by then at the rate everything is going right now.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have 2 floorplans. They are both of the main floor only. BUT! Here's the fun part. We really want a Master suite on the main floor (which it looks like these 2 models have that!!) We can take or leave a 3 car garage. We prefer 2-3, the 3rd would be used as storage. And of course, the ginormous walk in closets....
31.gif
and an open floorplan (kitchen, living) is ideal!

So, here's one...

fp1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is the other:

fp2.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, before I start more closely analyzing the floorplans (which so far I LOVE!
30.gif
), just wanted to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the toilet is separated in the master bathroom. I am such a huge fan of that! I told FF that when we get a house, I want the separate toilets, AND i want his and her separate toilets.
2.gif
20.gif

I don't like sharing toilets with boys.
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Now dreamgirl... I daydream about my house all the time! And of my little kiddos running around it!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha elle- you just made me laugh out loud (literally!) I HATE sharing toilets with boys. I told S we should have a toilet specifically for his #2's....lol
6.gif
20.gif
31.gif

I love the seperate toilets too! We love the Jack & Jill style sinks in the master bath, we love HUGE islands in the kitchen, did I mention ginormous closets? I think I DID!!!
31.gif
I LOVE new homes....
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:25:02 PM
Author: tlh
Now dreamgirl... I daydream about my house all the time! And of my little kiddos running around it!
9.gif
I can get lost in the world of daydreams........
5.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:27:58 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
haha elle- you just made me laugh out loud (literally!) I HATE sharing toilets with boys. I told S we should have a toilet specifically for his #2''s....lol
6.gif
20.gif
31.gif

I love the seperate toilets too! We love the Jack & Jill style sinks in the master bath, we love HUGE islands in the kitchen, did I mention ginormous closets? I think I DID!!!
31.gif
I LOVE new homes....
36.gif
Hahahhaha! Ohhh my goodness DG, I totally feel you girl! I share a 1 bathroom apartment with my FF right now!

I always tell FF that his butt will be the downfall of our relationship!
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
heheeeee
11.gif
12.gif
OOOOH! A 1 bathroom. You poor thing! I FEEL for you!
6.gif
Next time he is on his way in, ask him what he plans on doing...
40.gif
then hurry in and do your thing so this way you don't have to go in there when he's done! Then tell him to shut the door on his way out too hahaha!
23.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:37:28 PM
heheeeee
11.gif
12.gif
OOOOH! A 1 bathroom. You poor thing! I FEEL for you!
6.gif
Next time he is on his way in, ask him what he plans on doing...
40.gif
then hurry in and do your thing so this way you don''t have to go in there when he''s done! Then tell him to shut the door on his way out too hahaha!
23.gif
Ohh.. we have a system!

He always checks with me to see if I have to go to the bathroom before he goes in to wreck it.

Also, since I can''t straighten my hair in a humid bathroom, he has to shower either before me, or if he showers after he has to shower fast, allowing at least 20 minutes for the bathroom to air out, or wait until I''m done blowdrying and flat ironing before he can shower.

It''s complicated.
20.gif

BTW, I think i like floorplan 2 better. I like that its more open from the kitchen to the living area. Wish I could see them in person!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I love your floor plans. They look really good! Against the mountains would be sooo pretty too!

BF and I do this too. We don''t really go looking, we just look online to get ideas of floor plans,etc. We plan on building a home on land my family owns, so I guess it is more like dream building. hehe. I LOVEEEE doing it! It is one of the things we both enjoy doing together. Glad to see a few others do it to. I feel a little silly doing it sometimes, because we aren''t that close to building and are not even engaged! Oh well...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
elle- I hear you on that!!! Makes total sense to me
2.gif
3.gif
Also, I see what you mean with floorplan 2. It does look more open! I''d like to see these homes inside (as we haven''t seen these ones inside yet...looks like we will have to go back another day
27.gif
) I''ve got pictures of other dream homes I took inside...

Definitely- OOOO
30.gif
That sounds like a dream for sure! I''m glad to see there are others who plan ahead like this too....

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 5:12:00 PM
elle- I hear you on that!!! Makes total sense to me
2.gif
3.gif
Also, I see what you mean with floorplan 2. It does look more open! I''d like to see these homes inside (as we haven''t seen these ones inside yet...looks like we will have to go back another day
27.gif
) I''ve got pictures of other dream homes I took inside...

Definitely- OOOO
30.gif
That sounds like a dream for sure! I''m glad to see there are others who plan ahead like this too....
post! post! post!
36.gif
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love floorplans, esp of nice big places! Anything I buy in the future will either be a cramped thing in the city or something spacious but all the way out in Hoboken (no offense to anyone from there!)

And I love the separate toilets too! We have that in my parents'' house and after living in a 1BR with BF, I would say that''s a lifesaver
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Your dream houses look awesome! I love those floor plans, especially the nice big closets--such a must. There is an area tucked up by the mountains where I have fallen in love with some of the houses. I wonder if we have the same area in mind
1.gif

It''s so fun that you and S. have been looking at houses together and dreaming together. That is such a wonderful, romantic thing to do together.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love those floorplans!!! I have never lived in a two-storey home (grew up in a bungalow with an open attic / playroom) and I love having the master bedroom on the main floor. I also like how they marked ''his'' and ''hers'' closets on the first floorplan!!! What''s the square footage of these homes??!?!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
hey dreamgirl
which area are you looking at because it sounds very similar to lakewood where we live lol
maybe we can be neighbors!
i know what you mean about being right up against the mountains, they are right in our backyard and we can see them from our balcony :) we have to drive up the road to see downtown though lol

ive been househunting a lot lately too and looking for one with a good commute. I havent gotten brave enough to try the rtd yet but i know by next monday i have to because fi starts his new job then and we only have one car and he needs to drive around for his job and i dont
7.gif
sad and scary, im buying a can of mace this weekend hahaha

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fab DG! WOW!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Definitely- I will post some photos later on of various homes we have seen over the past few months
31.gif

Brown- Floorplans are AWESOME. I really want to go back in a few months and take a look at these homes INSIDE!!!

kittybean- Those big closets would be perfect! This area isn''t really in the mountains, it''s up against the mountains...Thank you, S and I really do enjoy dreaming of these homes. We have a lot of fun doing it too!!

sammy- Yeah, a master on the main floor would be ideal for us. At first I didn''t know what the big deal was (S ws the one who mentioned this first) but after taking me into a home that had a master on the main floor, I was like "OMG! I want a master on the main floor too!" lol Hmmm....square footage- it says 2,612 but I don''t know if that''s total or for the main floor....

Smurfy- It''s not that far from Lakewood....kind of around Golden(ish) lol. You start your new job on Monday then? I wish you all the luck with that! We are having a meeting today about (budget stuff
23.gif
) as in, the fiscal year ends in April.....things aren''t going all that hot with the economy
7.gif

bee- Thanks! Hopefully we can get in that area in the near future!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I''m so excited for you, DG! That floor plan is great, I''m a sucker for a huge master bathroom and of course, big closets! :) Make sure you post photos when you can!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
DreamGirl, sorry to be very nosey but how much does a house like that cost? Just want to compare to UK prices. Sorry if that''s a cheeky question!
3.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dream, that looks such a great floor plan. I love how you mention you have a great view of the city and yet close to the mountains. I love the feel of small town aswell. That''s one thing SO and I discuss when we talk about houses to have great view a little bit on a higher ground to see the great city lights at night. So exciting for the both of you!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol now....don't forget ladies that this isn't my house and I'm not buying one for quite some time from now.....

news_girl- I agree 100%!!! I'll do so when I can. Thank you!

chocolatefudge- lol ummmmm......well.......as I said...it's a LITTLE pricy. But, the Denver area can usually be overpriced (if you ask me.) On that note from what I have seen thus far, this area starts at around $600,000+
23.gif
which is INSANE! I hope the pricing goes down due to the economy. That along with money saved by me and S for a large downpayment....I guess anything is possible. A lot of it depends on this 'new job' he is searching for right now...Also, the website for one of the builders says that if you had something else in mind to build in that area, then you can do that. (Possibly changing the build of the home, then it could cost less) There are also 3 other builders that will build there and I am not sure yet as to what their pricing will be.

xoxo- Thank you! I think it's just our style too! Everything is so perfect about it for us...

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
DreamGirl is it makes you feel better, it would be approx £600,000 over here!! So houses are a lot cheaper for you- although obviously that is still a lot of money. It is gorgeous though and sounds like it''s in an ideal location!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OH! Well then, that's good! (for me anyway
20.gif
) But you know, we have become interested in new to newer homes which cost more anyway. But we figure, by the time you put money, time and effort into remodeling older homes...it's just not worth it to us. We remodeled one of his bathrooms and it took us FOREVER! Because we only worked on it over weekends and then we had NO TIME for anything else. It literally took us about a year to complete. It took us a LONG time to paint various rooms...everything. We just really don't think it's worth it because- you only have so much free time in your life. Do you really want to spend it remodeling? For us, the answer is no. lol

I'm glad however that we figured this out now with his condo instead of us with a house...
3.gif
(less to deal with!)

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh...add me to the list who loves looking at homes and floorplans! I took some interior design courses in college and my absolute favorite assignment was where we had to find or design a floorplan and then decorate from floor to ceiling. The decorating part was kinda fun, but creating my own floorplan...THAT was SO much fun!...I do love to dream!
3.gif

I really like your floorplans! And the size difference between the "his" and "hers" closets cracked me up! What a dream!!!

Isn''t it so much fun to dream about all the exciting stuff we have to look forward to?! My SO bought and remodeled his home a couple years before we got together (so we don''t plan to sell it anytime soon), but we still dream about finding a new place together. We have a lot of fun analyzing the homes we check out!

So much fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results