YES to N-O OEC

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just dreamy!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Beautiful. I would love some more pictures please!!! :wavey:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few with my little .60 ct, as per Dreamer's request. :))

And Athenaworth, I'm going to see about an ollo clip this week. ;-)

Thank you all for such wonderful compliments. :bigsmile: The ring is at my jeweller's to be sized. I dropped it off today, with a request to pick it up tomorrow. I don't want it to be away too long!

oecs1.jpg

oecs2.jpg

oecs3.jpg

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: :love: :love: That setting is TDF! So classic and beautiful! I LOVE the color of the diamond too and those lovely pastel reflections are amazing! :appl: :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond!!! I especially love the profile shot. It looks like one of those artsy shots.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :lickout: I think it glows with beauty and the setting is suited for it. I am glad you found your OEC!

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS.
I don't know what OEC is. but so gorgeous!
BTW your SN totally caught my eye, I don't usually post but I'm a huge blockhead :appl:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is stunning! Congrats!

The center stone on my graduated 5 stone ring with antique diamonds is an N color and I LOVE the way it looks in some sunlight. Especially lower golden light. It really brings out that lemony goodness in the body color of the stone. Now if it were the size of your stone, I'd love it even more! :love: :tongue:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MyDiamondSparkles, ForteKitty, and bright ice!

peasypeas, OEC = Old European Cut. Now, perhaps you could let me know what SN is? ;-)

Clairitek, I know what you mean about certain lighting. I've started to look forward to when the sun is starting to set, so I can get lost in this stone again. :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those shots you just posted most recently show the nice edge to edge brightness fo your stone, very nice!

Did I say this... your diamond has a very nice body tint to it, I love the lemony buttery tones. Not all tinted stones have the same color, some are brown or grey or green. Lemony yellow, or straw, or gold, or butter is really the most pleasing to my eyes!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SN = Screen name

I'm kind of disappointed that the search is over. ;(

I wish I could see it in person! You're going to have to come to Cali... :naughty:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer - Neil did describe this as "brighter than your average Euro" - that was one of the selling points for me. Although I do see the *slightest* hint of greenish yellow(?) flash here and there, it is mostly buttery, which I like. Although I know there are some brown tint lovers out there, I was hoping this stone wasn't going to be on the brown side, though interestingly, that's how Neil described it. As I have learned in the CS world, how we see and describe colour can often be very different, with no one being wrong!

Freke, thanks for the SN explanation. I admit to a small amount of let-down now that the hunt is over, too. But every time I look at my ring, I feel okay again. ;-) And a trip to Cali sounds great! :naughty:

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
NKOTB|1342660671|3236399 said:
Thanks, MyDiamondSparkles, ForteKitty, and bright ice!

peasypeas, OEC = Old European Cut. Now, perhaps you could let me know what SN is? ;-)

Clairitek, I know what you mean about certain lighting. I've started to look forward to when the sun is starting to set, so I can get lost in this stone again. :lol:
thanks! lol SN= screen name. I'm a nkotb fan :lickout:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow, that is a beautiful OEC! Such a great story too...a match meant to be.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'm late to the party! Way to go, NK! That is one beautiful stone. I love how the facets throw back light and I love the facet patterns. Is this because its an OEC? In other words, is the surface area of the facets bigger with an OEC? It also looks like there are times when it can look white, and other times when it shows off its buttery side. How could you ever get tired of looking at it?! [Rhetorical question, there, no need to reply]

NKOTB: did you tell us who you bought it through? I am always interested in finding new ebay resources if you are willing to share.

Anyway, good catch, great story and it certainly sounds like it was meant to be! :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing - did Freke move to California? If so do you know where? It would be great if she moved to my neck of the woods so I could see her beautiful DD and her beautiful gem babies in person :bigsmile:

TIA :wavey:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, MB! OECs do have chunkier facets, one of the reasons I chose it over an MRB I was also considering. And yes, it changes colour often - also a fascinating aspect.

I bought the ring from a private seller, who doesn't currently have any other listings. Her husband bought it for her as a 9th anniversary gift, from Dover Jewelry, in 2007.

And Freke will be moving to Cali soon, but hasn't done so yet.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would post a few more pics, since I took some "artsy" ones in the summer, and recently got a band to go with my ring. (Actually, this is the second band. I got one I loved, but somehow lost it - VERY frustrating and disappointing. I'm still hoping it will turn up somewhere at some point.) The first pic is just a shot I like, because it shows my ring in some of my favourite lighting - oddly enough, the fluorescents in the staircase at work! :confused: :lol:

img_3519.jpg

oecpurpleflower.jpg

oec_red_flower.jpg

img_4041.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_4043.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
:love: She's so pretty. I love how tiny her table is.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: The new band looks like it is the one made for the e-ring, too!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ForteKitty and diamondseeker. :))

I bought the band from a really nice woman who wore it happily for 31 years, with her 2+ carat diamond ring in a similar setting that she inherited from her grandma (so probably an old cut). She kept the e-ring to pass on as an heirloom (she still wears it as a RHR occasionally), but this one wasn't getting worn, since she got a new set when she remarried several years ago (first husband passed away, sadly).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY nice new WB, NKOTB!! It really does look like it was made for your OEC! Love the new pics!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Drip drip drip... That's the sound of my drool as it slides off my face into a pool! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your OEC!!! I would never ever get sick of wearing your beauty! And that N/O color has me going gaga!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band looks perfect with your ering!!

And this is so funny, but I think your stone is cut in a very similar way to mine - yours is larger though! I was looking at the pics and came to one of the close-up shots and it reminded me so much of my stone! I don't have any decent pics of mine to really show the faceting, but I was just curious if you have any info on table size, depth, crown angle etc - I'm just genuinely curious to see if I'm right!

Anyway, I adore your diamond and I love your set! :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Enerchi!

YayTacori, you made me laugh out loud! I don't tire of wearing it, and just when I think "do I wish I had gone for a whiter stone?" this one catches the light just so, and makes me fall in love again. :bigsmile: Do you know that I've only had one single comment on it since I got it 4 months ago? I obviously haven't passed by any PSers IRL. ;-) :lol:

junebug, thank you! According to Neil's appraisal:

Table: 45%
Depth: 59.5%

He put N/A on crown and pavilion.

I don't know anything about numbers, but how do those compare to your stone?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: so so so gorgeous!

bonne403

Rough_Rock
That table is ridic! So, so pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1353892045|3315363 said:
junebug, thank you! According to Neil's appraisal:

Table: 45%
Depth: 59.5%

He put N/A on crown and pavilion.

Thanks for responding NKOTB! My table is 43% and depth 60% - so pretty close I'd say! And the crown angles look similar to my eye too, just going by your pics, as well as the faceting pattern. Thanks for answering, I was so excited to see an OEC here on PS that looks similar to mine! I'd say we have pretty good taste in old cuts hehe!

diamond924

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! Your diamond is so beautiful and goes perfectly with your new band. It looks like the band was custom made for your ring. Perfection!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results