shape
carat
color
clarity

YES to N-O OEC

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One morning, in the wee hours, while up to nurse my little one, I got a message from a helpful PSer, who knew I was semi-looking for a decent-sized OEC for an upgrade. Now, according to DH, I was SUPPOSED to be waiting for some money we are expecting to actually come in (hence the "semi-looking"), but you know how it goes...Once he okayed the upgrade, I was trolling ebay, watching JBEG videos obsessively, and trying to figure out what size stone I should get for my size 4.5 finger (I wanted impressive, but not ostentatious) I was told this was a one shot deal, so I had better make use of it. I was very tempted by one of JBEG's stones, but wasn't ready financially, and it sold. That was a sad day for me. Now, coincidentally, it was the same day the ring I now own also sold. Bear with me...

The seller had listed this with a starting bid, and BIN price. Back to the wee hours morning...I couldn't get back to sleep once I saw the listing. I loved the ring, but still didn't have the money. So, I started thinking about liquidating a whole bunch of stuff. This was right around when I listed a bunch of items. Then the ring sold, before the auction ran out. Disappointed! I contacted the seller and asked her to let me know if the deal fell through.

Well, a few days later, she sent me a message saying that the deal did, indeed, fall through, and she was planning on relisting. I made an offer. She said she wanted to let an auction run for a week and, if the ring didn't sell, she would consider offers. Within about ten minutes of the (no bid) auction ending, she contacted me, and negotiations began.

The centre stone was listed as J-K in colour, according to an appraisal by Dover. My PS peeps that looked at the pics knew it would be lower in colour than that. I bought the ring anyway, with a return period, and I had the ring sent to Neil Beaty for an appraisal. Neil graded the stone as N-O in colour, and took some pictures that were...less than flattering, so suddenly, I started to question the purchase. I asked a whole bunch of opinions from others. I finally decided that at this point, after a few weeks of lost sleep, I just had to see the ring with my own eyes. And I am soooooo glad I did, because I LOVE it!!!!

So, without further ado, some pics...And a BIG thank you to Freke, Dreamer, Mela Lu, justginger, Mara, Skippy, k9, Athenaworth, Neil, and anyone else I may have forgotten, for your thoughts, opinions, and support!

Stats, according to Dover: 2.45 cts (estimated, as in setting), J-K VS1, 8.3 mm. Stats according to Neil 2.3 cts, N-O VS1, 8.3 mm (ish)

_217.jpg

_218.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more...

oec5.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_2059.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, I love it!!! CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!!!!! :love: Congratulations on the amazing find, it looks perfect on your tiny size 4.5 fingers! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm glad things worked out! All the stuff that happened before just led you to YOUR diamond. Congrats!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's just stunning!! It looks amazing on your hand :appl: congratulations! Sometimes things are just meant to be. So glad you found the one meant to be yours!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it is so beautiful!!! Perfect size - definitely impressive but not ostentatious. I love how it looks in the pictures and I'm sure it's even better in real life. Enjoy!

sushi

Shiny_Rock
wow its beautiful! Congratulations...really stunning on your hand! Its definitely not ostentatious, but its massive! (

xoxo sushi

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Love that buttery color! :love: :love: :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's sooooo buttery warm, very nice.

I love that setting, too. Classic and beautiful. I could totally use a million more pictures of this beauty, if you're so inclined. :cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! It looks smashing on your hand. I love tint in diamonds when it is nice and buttery or lemony like yours is! The N-O stone I had for a while had a strange grey-green tint that was not nice at all :knockout: Yours is the BEST kind of color! I love it.

Do you think you will keep the setting? I would love to stick that buttery lovely into a warm rich yellow or rose gold!! :love: I mean that;'s what I had planned when I was looking at warm stones :lol: You may have other plans!

Oh and we need some family shots with your smaller OEC, I want to see them together!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! :love:

Enjoy it!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's just stunning! The color really pops - can't believe it's an N/O. Neil graded Poppy a grade lower, but I can't seem to get any photos with that same lovely shade of butter as your's. :cheeky: Perhaps it's an example of face down grading being similar, but face up being different? Whatever the reason, I absolutely love these real life photos - especially the last one, the pastel fire is mesmerizing. :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! So glad you got your dream stone!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous NKOTB and you definitely achieved impressive!!!!!!! I'm with Dreamer on putting it in a yellow or rose gold setting. What are your plans?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone! Current plan is to keep it in its setting, which Neil thought was made specifically for this stone. I may change my mind down the road, but for now, that's the plan. :)

Here's a quick attempt at a "Dreamer"esque shot. It's a good example of how the colour can change! I really need a better set up for macro shots, but...

img_2169.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a profile shot...

oecprofile.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is beautiful, classic and I love the color of the stone!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Certifiably in love with this stone!!!!!!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NKOTB|1342452862|3234815 said:
Thank you, everyone! Current plan is to keep it in its setting, which Neil thought was made specifically for this stone. I may change my mind down the road, but for now, that's the plan. :)

Here's a quick attempt at a "Dreamer"esque shot. It's a good example of how the colour can change! I really need a better set up for macro shots, but...

Now's as good a time as any to get a new camera with a great macro lens ;-)

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! :love:

Love the rich color! And the cut is stunning!!!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty!! :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So so fantastic..!!! It's amazing looking, way better than Neil's photos, lol. I agree this was totally meant to be. So happy you got your own amazing giant OEC. And yeah I still hate your size 4.5 fingers .

Congrats!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous. Love the character of this stone. Lively!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I am SOOOO behind on my correspondence!

I am so happy this worked out - it's just lovely! I sure hope you can actually get some sleep now. :cheeky:

BTW... that side profile shot is great! LOVE!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, I really like the color! What a great find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results