• NO -- do not buy the necklace, it is a waste of $

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • View Results Only

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, I decided to just keep the cheapo version. I just could not make myself spend almost $300. Good thing since I bought the tiny diamond studs (and an ipod touch for my daughter...)! I haven't worn the bracelet yet, but I've worn the necklace 4 or 5 times and I really like it! It doesn't feel so light and cheap to me now. I called the company I bought it from and asked what the weight was. She said it was 29 grams. So it compared well to the Blue Nile version (a little heavier even).

I really like your necklace - looks so nice. I think I like the graduated version better now!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good decision! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gotta admit, it looks great on you! Planning outfits around it yet? :rodent:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice necklace, deco! I'd wear it with jeans! I think that baby can go anywhere, can be dressed up or down! Wherever you wear it, wear it in good health.

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon, TG, & AGBF! I almost fell asleep in it last night ... that would be NO GOOD. But I guess it means its comfie, huh?

ETA: To your question, TG, .... yeah I have been pondering what "works" best with it. I'm sensing a return of collared shirts to my wardrobe toot sweet. (Who can spell in French, not me!) What's super cool about the necklace is its adjustable ... so I can tweak the length for different necklines. It occurred to me yesterday, walking into the place ... that the necklace would change the very outfit I was wearing into something more polished & put-together looking. W/o changing ANYTHING ELSE. And it DID. Maybe I'm not such a slob after all .... :tongue:

E B

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1300226800|2872613 said:
** presented w/o comment ***
:read: :rodent: ::) :twirl: :tongue:

I think it looks fabulous on you. :appl:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
E B|1300292565|2873227 said:
decodelighted|1300226800|2872613 said:
I think it looks fabulous on you. :appl:
Aw thanks, EB! ps -- now that's an avatar toe pix I can get behind! :tongue:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, gals-

If you check The Gold Thread you will see that I have been collecting pictures of gold ball drop earrings by various designers and also from websites that have earrings made by people who haven't put their name on the earrings, too!

Link to page with earrings:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-39']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-39[/URL]

At any rate, it led me into looking at silver colored metal ball drop earrings when I took my daughter to an inexpensive jewelry store yesterday. (I bought her two pairs of earrings for under $30.00 and didn't buy anything for myself!) Then I came home and looked for similar earrings on-line.

While looking at both silver ball drop and stud earrings (I prefer the ones with crystal or CZ pavé), I found some strands of sterling silver beads in varying lengths and with beads of varying mm size. Some were graduated; some were all the same size. I just thought I'd give you all a heads up about a good place to find these necklaces if any more of you want them. (I think they're adorable.) I suggest you try Amazon!!! I ordered myself some sterling earrings from there while I was there: one pair of ball drop earrings on French ear wires and one pair of smaller (7 mm) sterling silver studs!

I think you gals have rubbed off on me! I kept thinking: those would look great with my blue jeans!!!

Here is a link to a necklace with graduated sterling silver beads:

http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Tarnish-Free-Graduated-Necklace-Extender/dp/B0029ZAMDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300545632&sr=8-1

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one pair of sterling ball drop earrings available through Amazon.com.

BallSterlingEarrings1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another style of sterling ball drop earring available from Amazon.com.

BallSterlingEarrings2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a third type of sterling silver ball drop earring available through Amazon.com. And remember, the plain earrings, as well as the pavé earrings, are available as studs in various sizes as well! They can look very conservative and could definitely be worn to the office!!!

Deb/AGBF

BallSterlingEarrings3.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted said:

Hey Deco- that necklace looks fantastic on you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady|1300561525|2875346 said:

I own the graduated sterling bead necklace from Blue Nile.. I wear it fairly often dressed up or down with the dangling two ball earrings they no longer sell.. Lots of compliments..

Any photos of those earrings, SDL?

Deb

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco I can't remember wha tI voted, but that necklace looks super dope on you! I love it. I hate cleaning silver, but with a necklace so nice it would be worth the hassel!

Or does Tiffany clean their silver pieces for free too?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD - it's not Tiffany's, but yes, it does look nice.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the complements guys! I forgot you had the Blue Nile version, SDL .... glad you are loving it! And AGBF -- wow, you found some bargoons on Amazon. Fun!

I noticed this weekend that the Tiff print ads in mags are featuring their leather mini purse with sterling bead "bracelet" handle. Maybe the BEADS are BACK? (In style, I mean ... or Popular, if they are choosing to feature the style so prominently ...)

I wore my *generic* version to a wedding this weekend & out shopping with a tissue thin hoodie, tank, jeans -- felt perfectly appropriate w/both outfits & really dressed up the super casual one. Also: almost fell asleep in it AGAIN. Can't argue with comfie.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you love it Deco...it really is a lovely look! Amazing how a little accessorizing can make a look feel special, eh?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks TGal ... yeah, it's so true. I get in accessory ruts ... wearing the same stuff for YEARS w/o a shakeup. And my poor lobes keep wanting to close up because I forget to wear earrings for weeks at a time. Just small changes or additions can make everything feel *new* again.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, that's how I feel about my pendant...even the plainest T-shirt has a bit of zing to it with jewelry on. You just feel more put together somehow. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks wonderful on you - glad you made the decision to get it! I think it dresses up or down very well! :appl:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That necklace is FAB on you. Love the size and the shine. Looks great with the tank. Sophisticated and sexy! :naughty:

eta: What's the mm size of the largest bead?
(your pic makes me want one too!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miss Got Rocks!

Thanks Coati! I don't know the mm off hand (baaaaad PSer!) ... I'm GUESSING its about 15mm. I remember that the bracelet was 11mm beads and the center of the necklace was considerably larger. I'll check for you & post when I know for sure! Glad you like it!

TGal -- I bet that necklace is gonna look stunning with your new hoops also! It has oomph.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady|1300821037|2877466 said:
AGBF|1300577579|2875500 said:
SanDiegoLady|1300561525|2875346 said:

I own the graduated sterling bead necklace from Blue Nile.. I wear it fairly often dressed up or down with the dangling two ball earrings they no longer sell.. Lots of compliments..

Any photos of those earrings, SDL?

Deb

I do, Deb!! :rodent:

Just lovely!!! Very classy, SDL, as is your style!

Hugs,
Deb

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Deb. Classy classy SDL! As always!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results