shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Sapphire

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
I posted a little while ago about a very dark blue sapphire & I realised putting in into a bezel setting would really just make it appear black.

I also got this sapphire from the same antiques shop on the last day they were trading due to them retiring so got it for a good deal.

You will no doubt see lots of flaws as experts but like the blue it was drawn to me (the blue sapphire I'm keeping for one of my daughters whom are only tiny at the mo but one day like I'm sure!

I'm going totally different than my original ideas and going art deco with this yellow sapphire and done a drawing of what I'm kind of thinking of, still a bezel but I don't mind this stone going slightly darker.

It's greeny yellowy and is being set in platinum with some other diamonds I have from old rings etc, Just.

Natts

Sapphire2.jpg

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
My Drawing of vague idea.

Design.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring you designed will be lovely. :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the design you came up with! That is going to be one gorgeous ring!!!

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice drawing. I see a lot of drawings that leave a bit to the imagination yet yours is very clear. Nice design too. Best regards, Lee

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
Nattshants84|1337532908|3199737 said:
My Drawing of vague idea.

Thats definitely an art deco design, and it looks really cool!

Now, are you going to actually make the ring yourself, or are you going to contract a jeweler to make it? I assume that design would have to be cast, so it might be above the capabilities of the average gem setter in the average jewelry store.

Once you get it done, or if you do it yourself, and it turns out good, let us know who did it!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback, I would love to have the ability to make it, but sadly not!

Art deco came from my obsession with my Grandmothers art deco ring, it's now worn by my aunt & I have always admired it.

I have however found a fantastic UK designer, maker, setter all in their own premises & the ring only leaves them for hallmarking.

Found them totally by accident, I had a meeting with a jeweller 2 hours drive away (hard task with a newborn who feeds non stop!)
but it didn't go well & he kept trying to tell me to go for a contemporary setting which I didn't want, so I strolled in another jewellers up the road whom are totally fantastic.

I've tweeked my drawing and now set on the design below.

The Sapphire is 2.15 carats, 8.9mm x 6.9 mm, I'm a size M.

I'll keep you posted, thank you for your comments.

Screen shot 2012-05-21 at 17.14.48.png

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Really pretty! Can't wait to see the finished ring!!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
The CAD is now done, it looks really bare at the moment due to the lack of milgrain but after that's added it will look 'older' and more in keeping with the 'Art-deco' look I love.

The jeweller has added some more brilliant cuts to the design to.

Won't be ready till the end of the year as that's how long it's taking us to save!

Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 08.42.51.png

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice CAD! That is very unique - your jeweller really brought your design to life! That will be an amazing ring - looking forward to 'meeting it' in real life!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really lovely and I look forward to seeing it with the milgraining. Does the CAD show it with a wedding band also, or will it have a double shank?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely design! :cheeky: I love the drawing of it. CAD's are hard for me as they show too much metal and i dont' have the imagination to envision it differently.

I cant' wait to see the finished product!!! I'm a huge art deco fan plus I love the yellow sapphire! It is going to be stunning.

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
The CAD is shown alongside my wedding band.

The wax model is ready a week Friday-very excited, will be hugely sentimental.

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Piccies!

I wasn't able to photograph the wax model but am able to show the 'half way there' photo of the platinum ring in parts ready to be put all together and made into shape/hallmarked/polished etc.

I'm over the moon with it- I love it so much already, Shown is my sapphire and one of the larger princess cut diamonds just to get a vague idea.

Also is a photo of it alongside my wedding ring for an idea.

Roll on Sept when I get to collect the finished ring! Here's some photos now!

_76.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be gorgeous!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very unique. its going to be stunning!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the progression pictures. Can't wait to see it come together at last.

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
I HAVE IT!!!

Wahoo....I have the finished ring...

To recap it's a very special ring to mark me getting therapy following my mums death when I was 11, it was sudden & I never 'dealt with it' if you like....so now aged 28 and just had our 2nd little girl my husband allowed me to get it made & just in time for my therapy finishing.

It's been very hard but it's wonderful to look down and see where I am now & how far I've come with the help of a fantastic husband & my girls : )

So here it is, I learnt to that yellow stones in some parts of the world simbolise 'positive mental health' that made me smile.

Love this forum & oggling at all your beautiful gems, Merry christmas, Natalie.

screen_shot_2012-12-26_at_20.png

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Finished photos, I love the fact the jeweller added more diamonds than I thought I could afford, and the fact it could be old but isn't.

Really am totally thrilled with it & cannot thank my husband enough, it's 9.2g of platinum to so lovely weight to it.

Natalie

screen_shot_2012-12-26_at_0.png

screen_shot_2012-12-26_at_1.png

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: :appl:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on a ring that means very much to you from start to finish! :appl: :appl: It is very unique! Kudos on a job well done!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful infused with deep meaning, all in time for the holiday season. Congrats.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you were able to get some help to process such a difficult experience and also that you have such a stunning ring to remind you of the good work you have done. Congrats.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love the design - it's so unique and awesome! I bet it sparkles like crazy too. What a lovely ring and lovely meaning behind it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful sapphire, design and ring! The finished product looks lovely and I personally love jewelry that has a lot of meaning behind it. It just makes that piece so much more special! Congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous original design! Hope it makes you feel wonderful!

Nattshants84

Rough_Rock
Thankyou, I love it.

I love fact it's a happy , positive thing from what was a sad time....I nearly had to cancel it due to money but so glad my husband insisted we did not!

Happy new year everyone.
Best wishes, Natalie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results