shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold WB with Plat/White Gold Ering -- is this tacky???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I am one of those girls who just can''t make up her mind.
31.gif

I originally wanted a platinum e-ring but then I leaned towards YG. Now I like the mixed look, but I am not seeing any mixed metal settings that I like.

So, I''m soliciting coveted PS opinions - would it look tacky if I had a platinum e-ring with a gold micropave wedding band? Or should I stick with one metal and/or look for a mixed metal e-ring that I like?

If anyone does have a plat/WG e-ring with a yellow gold WB, please post pics!!
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you want the mixed, I think I would go with yg solitaire, wg for diamond wband.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 10:14:13 PM
Author: JulieN
if you want the mixed, I think I would go with yg solitaire, wg for diamond wband.

I should probably add that I don''t think I want a solitaire (well, unless I change my mind again
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
) Right now, I am leaning towards a twist on the 3-stone ering (see pic posted below). If I were to get a solitaire, I would probably go for a split shank. Would these settings look good with a YG micropave wband?

Additionally, would this setting below look as good in YG?

119135-SIDEpic.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Wow that was a super large pic. Here is a shrunken version.

119135-SIDEsmall.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
And here is the ring face-on. Would it look as good in YG or should I stick with plat? Would it look good with a YG micropave wband?

119135-TOPsmall.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really cool ring, I really like it! I don''t see it with mixed metals honestly. One of my friends has a YG solitaire with plat prongs. She has a plat eternity band. It doesn''t sound like something that would go together, but it really does! It looks very cool actually! I think the key is that both her rings are simple and dainty. Not sure.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 10:28:31 PM
Author: Bunnifer
And here is the ring face-on. Would it look as good in YG or should I stick with plat? Would it look good with a YG micropave wband?

Cool setting!!! I think yellow gold on the same hand wouldn''t match, however if you wear it on your other hand that would be fine.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 10:29:23 PM
Author: gailrmv
That''s a really cool ring, I really like it! I don''t see it with mixed metals honestly. One of my friends has a YG solitaire with plat prongs. She has a plat eternity band. It doesn''t sound like something that would go together, but it really does! It looks very cool actually! I think the key is that both her rings are simple and dainty. Not sure.

I think you''re right -- simple and dainty is the key. I guess I''m just trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole because I like square pegs right now! LOL.
3.gif

I would want to wear both rings (ER and WB) on the same hand...do you think a plain band or channel set or pave WB would go best with this ring? It IS rather unique (which is why I like it!) so I wouldn''t want the WB to overpower it..

Also, what do people think about this ring in YG?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I like it the way it is. Maybe if you get a blocky looking wedding band with diamonds and make 2 bands so one goes on each side, then it might work...but I think you might be outta luck on that one.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 10:18:14 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Personally I like it the way it is. Maybe if you get a blocky looking wedding band with diamonds and make 2 bands so one goes on each side, then it might work...but I think you might be outta luck on that one.

What do you mean by a blocky looking wedding band - like a channel set band?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think the setting that you've posted is just beautiful, but I can't envision it in anything other than white gold or platinum and I really can't see it with a yellow gold wedding band. I actually think it would look best all by itself with a band perhaps worn on your other hand.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ring you posted would look GORGEOUS in yellow gold. The contrast of the white diamonds against the yellow gold would be really striking. I saw my engagement ring setting in yellow gold and it was breathtaking...I almost wanted it in the yellow gold instead! My setting has the pave diamonds going around on both sides like yours.

As for mixing the platinum wedding band and yellow gold e-ring, I think it can be done without looking tacky, but I'm not sure what a good choice would be to compliment that e-ring in yellow gold. Since you are mixing the YG and platinum, maybe it would be nice to match the baguettes, so there is a small element of uniformity (just to tie them together). Like the one below?

Why don't you also just go to a jewelry store to try on rings in platinum and YG? Just to play!

bevkbagband.jpg

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
CrownJewel, I L
30.gif
VE those rings!!

Who makes them? Do you think there is one with asschers instead of RBs? (I doubt it, but how cool would that look??)

Irina, oh master of Photoshop, do you think you could play around with the image and make the setting YG so I can see how it would look?

ETA: I mean the e-ring setting...unfortunately it doesn't come in YG and I have a hard time picturing how it would look in my head. Thanks!!

Oh, and I'm definitely going to take your suggestion to PLAY! What a fun holiday activity!
9.gif
31.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 10:32:38 AM

Date: 12/19/2006 10:18:14 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~

What do you mean by a blocky looking wedding band - like a channel set band?
I mean....

2 rings that look the same to go around your ring. custom rings that fits directly in line with the lines of your ring as it sits. Maybe adding a few diamonds around the bands so they offset a little but. Then again you would never be able to just wear your wedding ring you would have to get the bands soddered on to your e-ring...

Most things make sense in my mind first...just not when I type it on here...lol

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sorry! I totally forgot to tell you those are by Beverly K. I saw them on the Pearlman''s Jewelers website under wedding bands. The item number is 55PP1. I haven''t seen them with asschers...but I think the combo of baguette and rounds would compliment your ring nicely.

Have fun with your rings!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of a dainty yellow gold band with yellow diamonds?

yellow micro pave.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Me likey!!
36.gif
Although yellow diamonds aren''t really my thing, these are so purdy! If I went with YG for the ering setting, I could definitely see wearing that exact ring with white diamonds. I love how dainty they are so it wouldn''t detract from the ering itself.

Irina, one more plea for your Photoshop wizardry! Can you make the setting look like YG in the orig pics I posted for the ering?

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Who cares what other people think is tacky? Wear what you LOVE.
1.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is white yellow gold and white diamonds

yg white d micro pave.gif

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
I'm really liking the dainty rings...where are you finding them, Marvel?

ETA: are they *too* dainty to have N/S set baguettes (like Katie Holmes' w-band)? What is the thinnest width that such a band (with N/S baguettes) could be?

But, I'm also really liking these thin bands with the RBs...too many choices; I want them ALL!!!
9.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here you go Bunnifer, i left prongs/bezels alone just because of the diamond cuts used in this ring i would not make the YG too.

YellowGBunn.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, that looks cool!
30.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
The micropave bands are here: estatediamondjewelry

I really like the look of the yellow gold. I love the look of the dainty bands, so I don''t think they can be *too* dainty.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that photoshopped two tone is cool! What if you put it with a plat wedding band? those ones crown jewel posted? Or a simple channel set band like in the photoshopped example, but one on each side in plat??? Yummers.

Great ring by the way Bunnifer. I like the plat, but I see why you'd lean towards yg. I just got back from a trip with my girlfriends and two of them are yg fans. One had a bunch of yg jewelery..necklaces, watch, etc and it is such a warm, rich look. Lovely.

Jeannine

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
W
9.gif
W -- a BIG thanks to Irina! See, I KNEW Irina and her photoshopping skills could create what my mind''s eye could not.
18.gif

I really like the look of the second picture. And, I don''t think a band would "gap" as much as I thought it would. I think a channel set baguette band would look yummy too!

Now, all I gotta do is make up my mind! Luckily, we are still looking for the stone, so I have some time.
31.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I''d prefer all white metal, but regardless, I''d prefer a baguette channel set band with that e-ring.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
If he can afford it I wouldn''t worry.

If you want to try and stay in budget, I would get the setting in white gold instead of platinum. I don''t think anyone can visually tell the difference, and I think the issue is with having it replated once in a while.

But if the difference in plat and wg is not that high, then enjoy your purchase, it''s a one shot deal, and it''s worth it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 8:38:49 AM

Date: 12/18/2006 10:29:23 PM
Author: gailrmv

I think you''re right -- simple and dainty is the key. I guess I''m just trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole because I like square pegs right now! LOL.
3.gif
My "e"-ring is going to be white and my band is yellow and while I''m making a stand alone ring if I wear them together they''re not going to match and I''m not going to care! Oh and both bands will be at least 4mm so there''s nothing dainty about them lol

If you wear what you *love* it is going to look right to all but the most persnickety people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results