shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold WB with Plat/White Gold Ering -- is this tacky???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 7:26:17 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Personally I'd prefer all white metal, but regardless, I'd prefer a baguette channel set band with that e-ring.
I agree with the second part - I'd love to see it with a square cut stone band of some sort.... but I think that that design really pops in yellow gold... after the discussions we've been having I think this ring design is a perfect example of how fantastic yg can look with diamonds! In white metal it would just be so blendy - and sometimes that's a great look but with that decoish sort of look the yg really is outstanding!

ETA on closer look that 'surprise' diamond looks like an asscher - I'd love to see an asscher band with it - not going to be micropave but I bet it'd look nice!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Allycat - I thought about WG but I think having to get it replated constantly would bother me. I''m the type of person who would wear it ALL THE TIME so that''s why I chose plat in the end. After I slept on it for a couple of days, I don''t think I like the two tone look for this ring anymore. I think the look of a white metal suits the art-deco feel of this ring.

But, GOSH the price of plat is rising! Pete is quoting me $3,000 to make this in plat. I know he''s charging me a fair price, but DARN the price of platinum!
20.gif

Cehrabehra - I am thinking of getting the baguette band posted below to go with this ring. At first, I thought a curved band wouldn''t curve enough, but this D.Vatche band curves in just the right places to avoid hitting the pave and surprise asscher!
1.gif
But, the cheapest quote on the band is $2645!! Apparently, it''s b/c the baguettes need to be cut differently to fit the curve of the band.

Does anyone have a pic of an asscher type band?

curvedbaguettes.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fall on the side of doing whatever makes you happy! Of course this is coming from someone that wears a YG ER and WG diamond bands.
9.gif
I wear both yellow and white/platinum so my rings go with whatever I have on. I love your ring by the way! I think it looks beautiful in either color!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Why not? Gwyneth Paltrow sports a hefty EC in a halo in Platinum, and her band is a simple plain YG comfort fit.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOO I like the two metals mixed :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results