color
clarity

Yellow Gold Ice Skate

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1461158518|4021615 said:
JDDN|1461130058|4021524 said:
Beautiful and so sweet at the same time! Love it in yellow gold!!

I have noticed that the yellow gold has gotten a huge amount of approval. I think that you made a superb choice when you you got that one, Jambalaya. And I don't think it is only my love of yellow gold that is speaking. I see why white goes well with the ice theme. But that pendant is amazing!

Deb :wavey:

Thanks again, Deb! Yes, the YG has gotten a lot of approval! I don't think I'm sure enough of YG to get a large piece in that color though. I think a small YG piece is enough for me. The other skate is an inch square - that's big, for a piece of jewelry!

I haven't decided about the large skate yet, but it would be in white gold. They also do rose gold, but I think a rose gold skate would look wrong, somehow.

I'll have to do my finances and think about it some more...but I have a feeling that I will indeed order it. Thank goodness it's returnable - I wouldn't get it, otherwise.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1460989636|4020778 said:
I love this! I love the size on you & the colour of the gold - it's so yummy!

It has reminded me that somewhere in my jewellery box I have a flip-flop pendant that my mother brought me back from Hawaii years ago. It's white gold with a yellow gold flower on the toe post with a small diamond in the center. It's also 3D & the chain threads through the toe post. It's very cute! (And I have never worn it :oops:)

Thanks, Alex! I was lucky to find this pendant - it's just what I wanted!

Summer is coming - I think you should wear your flip-flop pendant! It will make your mother happy to see you wear it!

I also think you should post it here... :naughty:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RaiKai|1461026620|4020946 said:
It is lovely! I love the yellow gold :dance:

Thanks, RaiKai! Somehow I love the smaller skate in the yellow. Maybe I think a large yellow gold skate would look a bit much. We're all so conditioned to white metals in the last few years!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1461130058|4021524 said:
Beautiful and so sweet at the same time! Love it in yellow gold!!

Thanks, JDDN! Yes, for some reason the size seems to suit the color perfectly, if such a thing is possible! Now, about the large one... :naughty:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motacilla|1461316569|4022364 said:
Your ice skate is beautiful and suits you well! It's so hard to find smaller 3D pendants and charms of quality.
I'm like AGBF though, I tend to like bales, because I want to use my favorite chain with different pendants. But I am really picky about bales and prefer antique ones, good ones are so hard to find.
Yet with your ice skate, a bale would be kinda wrong. Hard to place the bale so the skate would look balanced and it would really need to be a perfect bale, too, so I applaud your choice of removing it!
Oh, and I used to love ice skating as a kid, haven't tried it in years now. Should.

Thanks, Motacilla! Yes, it's hard to find good charms, but especially ones which are more than about 10mm. This is actually the only one I've seen which is as large as 16x13mm, except the Allurez one. The problem I ran into when looking online is that all the charms were so small. I guess they're meant for a bracelet rather than a necklace.

You're right about bales being useful for different chains. That was the only difficulty about this - I had to buy another chain, which was an extra $100 plus tax. However, I absorbed the extra cost because I loved the skate enough for the necklace to be perfect. And I just love it when the pendant part is part of the necklace's sweep. I do have plenty of necklaces with bales, but small-ish bales!

Yes, you should go skating! Are you lucky enough to live near a rink?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A weird thing has happened in the last week. The necklace seems to have gotten smaller and smaller. Skate shrinkage! Don't get me wrong - I adore it every bit as much as ever. But it's just that now, the large skate doesn't seem so outlandish.... :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1461434335|4022829 said:
A weird thing has happened in the last week. The necklace seems to have gotten smaller and smaller. Skate shrinkage! Don't get me wrong - I adore it every bit as much as ever. But it's just that now, the large skate doesn't seem so outlandish....

I have a fairly big (the largest size it came in) 24K-or maybe it's 22K-pretzel (salted with diamonds) made by Yossi Harari or Gurhan (I forget which of them, that's why I can't recall the karats). The matching earrings (also salted pretzels) now seem far, far too smal!!! It's not just your skates. Gold jewelry shrinks, too. Just like diamonds. You wear it and suddenly yellow gold looks normal. Even 24K gold. ;))

Deb :wavey:

PS-I wouldn't give up looking for yellow gold skate earrings. Or...you could have some made.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How whimsical and charming! What a pretty piece. The skate looks quite substantial too.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful. I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results