shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Diamond Earrings Help!

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

My daughter is turning 24 years old in a couple weeks and I would love to surprise her with a set of fancy yellow diamond earrings. She absolutely loves yellow, so I think she would be really excited about the gift, but I have absolutely zero knowledge about yellow diamond earrings and was hoping to get some advice or suggestions. I'd like to stay somewhere around $1500 (give or take a couple hundred dollars). She likes pretty simple jewelry, but I'd like to take into account that she's pretty young and want it to be something she can wear relatively often and be happy with at her age. Any recommendations would be so very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance from an overwhelmed and out of his element earring searching dad!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren specializes in fancy yellows. They are great to deal with and very friendly. The $1500 is on the low side IMO but if she doesn’t mine petite studs it’s doable. I would check out their website.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get hold of Alex Park - he probably could do some

I saw today or yesterday that he had some yellow diamonds. I think he’ll set them too.

also Dolly at

if they can’t help, come back and we’ll see who else might be able to help!

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren specializes in fancy yellows. They are great to deal with and very friendly. The $1500 is on the low side IMO but if she doesn’t mine petite studs it’s doable. I would check out their website.

Great! Thanks for the advise, I'll definitely check out Diamonds by Lauren

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Get hold of Alex Park - he probably could do some

I saw today or yesterday that he had some yellow diamonds. I think he’ll set them too.

also Dolly at

if they can’t help, come back and we’ll see who else might be able to help!

Thanks for the recommendation @caf

Reactions: caf

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Are you considering yellow gold setting? Have a look at some vendors who have S-T, U-Z stones. I think Diamonds by Lauren do lower colour stones. Alex Park occasionally does up lower colours in yellow gold cups/settings and they look like light fancy yellows, but cheaper. If you are looking at .25ct or less per ear, I think you could get away with lower colour diamonds, even in white gold. Just a thought!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are .40ish (.80 ctw). They are M color which will face up warm. May not be yellow enough for you but I'll throw them
out there anyway as an option. They may not have perfect angles either.

I didnt purposely go high on clarity but these were the ones that matched up best on size.

These are really pretty and may help add a little more yellowishness with the way the basket is designed.

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think this vendor on instagram has some. Not that this is the style earrings you are going for but maybe without the halo it would be closer to $1500 anyway.

P.s. you're a wonderful dad ❤

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
I think this vendor on instagram has some. Not that this is the style earrings you are going for but maybe without the halo it would be closer to $1500 anyway.

P.s. you're a wonderful dad ❤

Thanks Mary Jane! I really love these and thank you for letting me know about them.

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Is there any considerable difference is quality between the below sets of yellow diamond earrings? The first one is the one closest to my price range, but I would really appreciate everyone's more professional eye and opinion.

Thank you all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMM2qB_lj5Q/?igshid=obgw71e1rf9j

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Is there any considerable difference is quality between the below sets of yellow diamond earrings? The first one is the one closest to my price range, but I would really appreciate everyone's more professional eye and opinion.

Thank you all!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMM2qB_lj5Q/?igshid=obgw71e1rf9j

The first pair on IG is an international seller which is fine but sometimes if you are thinking of returns etc. then the intl factor becomes more complicated. The second and third are in a much higher price range and if you can do that budget then I would probably look for certified stones.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah there are many differences that factor in to how much it would cost.

The different in alphabet yellow VS fancy yellows for instance. And like @Mreader said always look for the certification then have something to compare. Appraisals don't do very much you need the certificate at that higher price point.

Looking at the price point for the Instagram link and the comments posted - they do not have a GIA certificate for those earrings but the centre diamond is about 0.51ct each.

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
@maryjane04 @Mreader So on the IG pair that's from an international seller, does not have a GIA certificate mean that they are fake? or of less quality than the other two pair I posted?

Can you tell, just from the pictures, which is the better set? If so, what is y'alls opinion on the better looking ones?

Excess me being so naive about this process, but really appreciate everyones help!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@maryjane04 @Mreader So on the IG pair that's from an international seller, does not have a GIA certificate mean that they are fake? or of less quality than the other two pair I posted?

Can you tell, just from the pictures, which is the better set? If so, what is y'alls opinion on the better looking ones?

Excess me being so naive about this process, but really appreciate everyones help!

No it doesn’t mean that it is fake (though having a GIA cert pretty much guarantees it isn’t). It’s just that if you were going to go with one of the two Etsy options which are significantly more expensive than what you originally said you wanted to spend, I think that for that price you would want to consider certified stones. As for the IG seller I believe there are some PSers who have bought from him before.

It’s hard to compare just from a couple of pictures.

Are you wanting this style with a halo or simple studs?

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
No it doesn’t mean that it is fake (though having a GIA cert pretty much guarantees it isn’t). It’s just that if you were going to go with one of the two Etsy options which are significantly more expensive than what you originally said you wanted to spend, I think that for that price you would want to consider certified stones. As for the IG seller I believe there are some PSers who have bought from him before.

It’s hard to compare just from a couple of pictures.

Are you wanting this style with a halo or simple studs?
Thanks @Mreader.

I'd prefer to not spend $3K (on the two etsy options) which is pushing me to the IG pair. I'm just fearful as to their authenticity since they're not GIA certified.

I think my daughter would really like the halos (rather than the simple studs), so I'm leaning that way now that I've seen them.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

There are reasons why the vendor does not have a GIA - again if it was fancy yellow it would be worth a lot more than say a U-V with a yellow cup that makes the diamond more yellow than what it is. I don't think it's a fake diamond.. but it's not as "yellow" as a fancy coloured diamond.

It depends on what you are comfortable with spending and having. I think for earrings you can be more forgiving than say buying a ring. I think with your budget plus the fact that it is going to your daughter should be okay at that price point.

If you are worried, I would ask the vendor what their return policy is. Also if they can provide more videos/photos for you to accurate access and after purchasing it I would take it to an independent appraiser just for peace of mind.

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information @MMtwo that really helps.

I'm just torn over which option to go with. I'd really prefer to stay pretty close within my budget, but at the same time, I want to also go with the best quality option of these choices even though I'm not sure that there is any really clear cut winner as far as quality is concerned.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mreader.

I'd prefer to not spend $3K (on the two etsy options) which is pushing me to the IG pair. I'm just fearful as to their authenticity since they're not GIA certified.

I think my daughter would really like the halos (rather than the simple studs), so I'm leaning that way now that I've seen them.

I don’t think the diamonds are fake. I would Google the vendor on PS. I misunderstood when I saw the Etsy posts and thought - well if you’re going up to 4K might as well look more. But if $1500 is where you wish to stay and you don’t mind the International ship then I think those halos are a good option. It doesn’t hurt to message the vendor :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I know it’s more but these are so cute; I’m also a bit partial to DBL:

And these pears are in budget:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This thread has a PSer who has a good experience with the IG vendor. I just noticed the ctw is a lot higher so I would be very tempted by those! Are they still available? I noticed the post was over a week old.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results