shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow beryl help

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

I know this is a very old thread. Just would like some input on this stone I’m considering. Love the OP’s stone. Would love to see how it’s set. Somehow I can’t post the video the seller sent. Here are pics I screenshot from the video and photo from his IG years ago. He never put it up for sale. He said it’s from Brazil and potentially irradiated but feels that it may not even be treated or it may be a stable/ permanent non-detectable treatment. I believe he’s had the stone for quite some time now but not listed on his website. Thank you!!

F883EC16-3CFF-4BBC-89AF-5E8AC3BBDF45.jpeg A70B6B65-FB52-4E8A-AD93-513729B505A1.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I am not sure what your concerns are. Is it the colour? The pricing? Concern the colour might change over time or something else?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Chrono. All of the above. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear on what I need help with. I have never seen one IRL. I have been toying with getting a yellow stone vs Montana sapphire vs tourmaline. Was told that the size I’m looking for in Montana sapphire isn’t quite feasible. Tourmaline is quite soft? Yellow Beryl apparently has a 7.5-8 hardness. Citrine is my birthstone but not too excited about stones I’ve seen. I want yellow that doesn’t look too brown or dull but don’t want it a neon yellow either.

Seller is super nice and was recommended to me by a reputable vendor.

Thank you!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will this be set in a ring or something else with less "action"?
Budget?
Minimum mm size?
Are you tied to a particular shape?
Are you looking at purer yellow or you don't mind some tinge of green?

Both tourmaline and beryl are "chippy" so need to be worn with care if in a ring. The stone in the picture looks to have a good dose of brown (honey looking) but I don't know what your sweet spot is since you don't want too bright or too brown. OTOH, the cutting looks really nice and being round, should have good brilliance.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Will this be set in a ring or something else with less "action"?
Budget?
Minimum mm size?
Are you tied to a particular shape?
Are you looking at purer yellow or you don't mind some tinge of green?

Both tourmaline and beryl are "chippy" so need to be worn with care if in a ring. The stone in the picture looks to have a good dose of brown (honey looking) but I don't know what your sweet spot is since you don't want too bright or too brown. OTOH, the cutting looks really nice and being round, should have good brilliance.

Thanks. I don’t mind some brown. Would rather have it a little brown than green. It’s going in a ring. I had an impulse buy from a fellow PS’er. It’s a CVB Olivia setting. Needs to have 10.2- 10.6 mm round. I’m checking with her it depth of 6.8mm would be too deep or ok with the setting. This stone is 3.3 carats and fits the diameter requirement. Just waiting for cvb to confirm that depth is ok. I know you’re supposed to get the stone first then get a setting. I did the reverse as it was a good buy but an impulse buy.
Thanks!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@chrono - do you think it will be fine as a ring? It will be in platinum. Thanks again. Hoping others can chime in too.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of yellow beryl or heliodor rings. It's not a very sparkly stone by nature, so don't expect it to look like (say) a yellow sapphire or a chrysoberyl. But it has a soft charm of its own.

Thanks, @glitterata. Would love to see pics of your rings. Thanks!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

I know this is a very old thread. Just would like some input on this stone I’m considering. Love the OP’s stone. Would love to see how it’s set. Somehow I can’t post the video the seller sent. Here are pics I screenshot from the video and photo from his IG years ago. He never put it up for sale. He said it’s from Brazil and potentially irradiated but feels that it may not even be treated or it may be a stable/ permanent non-detectable treatment. I believe he’s had the stone for quite some time now but not listed on his website. Thank you!!

F883EC16-3CFF-4BBC-89AF-5E8AC3BBDF45.jpeg A70B6B65-FB52-4E8A-AD93-513729B505A1.jpeg

Sorry for the confusing post. I originally posted this on a very old thread and @chrono advised me to start a new thread. Hoping to get more thoughts. Thank you.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
*bump*

Does everyone thing this will be fine in a ring? Durable enough? Was told it’s 7.5-8 in scale of hardness.

Thank you!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Durable enough, yes. I would be concerned over any tilt window or a lack of sparkle. You're probably in good hands, though. From what I've seen of Cause's work, she knows how to bring out the beauty of the gemstone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just added this thread title to my list of band names

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Durable enough, yes. I would be concerned over any tilt window or a lack of sparkle. You're probably in good hands, though. From what I've seen of Cause's work, she knows how to bring out the beauty of the gemstone.

Thank you, @voce. Here are a couple videos.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/44/04/AF369706-6904-47E5-9A64-FDDF9805308E/88d85df11d604621932e388c6b79dc47.MOV

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/cc/12/3F56704A-4BA1-45D3-90EE-5092801DAEDB/ba5eb741e6b94f1696f7ea95cc0fdefe.MOV

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here's my yellow beryl, set in yellow gold, in one of the show-me threads. It only looks beautifully yellow in sunlight, when the light catches it just so--it looks dull and brown indoors or on cloudy days.

And here's my greenish heliodor (also golden beryl), in a different show-me thread. I love this ring, but I don't often wear it because it's big and gets in the way:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my yellow beryl, set in yellow gold, in one of the show-me threads. It only looks beautifully yellow in sunlight, when the light catches it just so--it looks dull and brown indoors or on cloudy days.

And here's my greenish heliodor (also golden beryl), in a different show-me thread. I love this ring, but I don't often wear it because it's big and gets in the way:

Beautiful rings especially the one outdoor in the sun! Glorious! Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results