shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow beryl for bezel ering?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barry's checking on the depth of a pale yellow beryl for me that might cut to fit my bezel ering. Is beryl a good one to use? I don't see much of it on here..tho I know there are a few, I'm being pulled 27 different directions currently and am too lazy to search, so I thought I'd get thoughts.

I'm looking at a pale yellow grossular garnet too. It's really pretty, however my concern is that I've been a bit spoiled by the cushion cutting of one Mr. Bridgestock. I've pictures of the garnet but honestly, it was the least cooperative stone ever. Worse than the neon purple supernova. It's sparkly and pale, very very similar to my round chryso from Barry.

Back in a bit w/garnet pics too but have to get Thing1 from school and wanted to ask about the beryl first.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Aren't beryls, like emeralds, a little brittle for rings? Would this be an everyday e-ring?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not everyday, no. Even still, I don't want to have to baby the thing like crazy either. I only wear my rings when I go someplace, not ever cleaning or yardwork or anything.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Yellow beryl for bezel ering? and garnet pictures

this is the stone i'm pondering to replace the spinel

100_30431.jpg

100_30531.jpg

100_30551.jpg

100_30561.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_30671.jpg

100_30681.jpg

100_30691.jpg

100_30711.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_30751.jpg

100_30781.jpg

small.JPG

small2.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

small3.JPG

small4.JPG

small5.JPG

small6.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
last ones. the ones that show brown were under the trees on the railroad ties. the ones that have greenish were in the bathroom light-I think those are the "sunlight" bulbs or whatever that have a blue tint to them.

small7.JPG

small8.JPG

small9.JPG

small10.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you take a pic with the ering AND the stone?

This is almost the exact color of the room I grew up in. Light buttery yellow...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh duh, I didn't think to do that. I had it in the ring holder thing and wore it w/my ering but didn't think to do pictures.

Same color as my bedroom growing up too!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Dang !!!!
I had a light yellow bedroom too !
Maybe that was the only color they had back in those days .....
(I am speaking for myself !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anyway, I really like the color and cut of your stone !
I am a bit confused, however ( *perhaps due to the Whiskey Sour* )
That's the Garnet you are showing pictures of, ya?

I would love to see the color of the Beryl....
Just to be able to choose, choice is good.... :sun:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shiney you make me smile~

No pics of the beryl..I think it's just rough he was measuring to see if it would work. I think I'm going to nix the beryl tho. I think a garnet would be sparklier and prettier.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1304107745|2908181 said:
Barry's checking on the depth of a pale yellow beryl for me that might cut to fit my bezel ering. Is beryl a good one to use? I don't see much of it on here..tho I know there are a few, I'm being pulled 27 different directions currently and am too lazy to search, so I thought I'd get thoughts.

I'm looking at a pale yellow grossular garnet too. It's really pretty, however my concern is that I've been a bit spoiled by the cushion cutting of one Mr. Bridgestock. I've pictures of the garnet but honestly, it was the least cooperative stone ever. Worse than the neon purple supernova. It's sparkly and pale, very very similar to my round chryso from Barry.

Back in a bit w/garnet pics too but have to get Thing1 from school and wanted to ask about the beryl first.

A lot of yellow beryl is irradiated, not sure if that's a concern to you or not.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
velouriaL|1304113921|2908238 said:
Aren't beryls, like emeralds, a little brittle for rings? Would this be an everyday e-ring?

They're not full of fissures and cracks like emeralds are though. They're around a 7 on the hardness scale. Not good for everyday wear, but will hold up to moderate wear, if you're careful.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize that about yellow beryls, TL, thanks for the heads up! For just a whatever ring I wouldn't care if it was a pretty color but for this ring, I don't want that.

Freke told me the lower RI would make it less sparkly than the garnet so I think I'm going to rethink the beryl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results