shape
carat
color
clarity

yeah! my recycle project is done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
a few weeks ago, i posted asking for suggestions on how to reset an old cocktail ring.
so i made some decisions, dropped off the stones, and a few weeks later, the results are in! and i couldn''t be happier
36.gif

a number of you suggested setting the center stone into a pendant - a good suggestion, so that''s what i did
9.gif

i don''t know much about the stone (no cert) but when it was loose the jeweler weighed it at .28. it faces up white, and though i can tell it''s not an ideal cut, it does throw off a lot of sparkle! i had it set in a delicate white gold bezel with a 16" chain.

chickpea_reset_pendant.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOh its lovely!!! Do you have any neck shots?

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
but that''s not all, folks
28.gif

i used the five smaller RBs for a right hand ring:
(in the pic it''s on the left, ''cause i couldn''t hold the camera still the other way around
25.gif
)

chickpea_reset_bezel_ring_handshot.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that too!!!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
the five stones i reused weighed .44, and the jeweler provided four 1.5 pointers bringing the grand total to .5 ctw. again, full bezels in white gold.

chickpea_reset_bezel_ring.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks maisie!

here''s another closeup of the ring...

chickpea_reset_bezel_ring_closeup.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
and one more showing the lovely scalloped profile
18.gif

unfortunately the weather is not cooperating here (freezing rain) but if i can manage any nice outdoor pics in the next few days, i''ll post ''em later...

chickpea_reset_bezel_ring_side.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
maisie, no successful neck shots of the pendant yet, but will post some if i can!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE that ring! Your "new" recycled pieces are amazing. Congrats!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really really love that ring!! I think I am destined for a bezel set ring of some description!!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Darn it! I posted my comment in your original thread
40.gif

Your pendant and ring are AWESOME, Chickpea! I''m particularly impressed with the ring very creative!
30.gif
Wow! I wish I had some old jewelry hanging around to play with.

So what became of the baguettes stones?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both came out great! I especially like how you added the smaller diamonds to the ring. Great recycle job!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love your recycle project! Your pieces came out beautifully! That''s just awesome. Both the pendant and the ring are just perfect.
36.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty I love that ring!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow two beautiful new pieces from one! What a great job. I love them both!!
Congrats!
36.gif

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
maisie, thanks! i''m all about bezels at the moment too
31.gif
i''ve been drooling over DMBsGirl''s new wedding ring the last few days, and hoping i''d hear from the jeweler soon that my own ring was ready
12.gif

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the kind words ness, metro, michelle, coati, legacygirl & angel!
35.gif

metro, i still have the baguettes hangin'' around in the old gold setting. they still have me stumped... i may eventually just scrap them, unless someone has a better idea?
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are beautiful! I love a good recycling project!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Those are two very nice recycle projects! I''m really liking the bezels, too.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an amazing recycle job! I love the ring!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 3:00:53 PM
Author: chickpea
thanks for the kind words ness, metro, michelle, coati, legacygirl & angel!
35.gif

metro, i still have the baguettes hangin'' around in the old gold setting. they still have me stumped... i may eventually just scrap them, unless someone has a better idea?
31.gif
They are tapered baguettes, right? I remember seeing someone[wish I could remember who!!!] that has a solitaire pendant with two or three tapered baguettes in the bail, tapering down to the stone. You could do that and because you already did a diamond pendant, use a colored gemstone instead. That would look cool.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks tacori, SDL, lumpkin, & impatientone! i''m so happy with how these turned out that i just may go digging through the jewelry box again to see if i can find anything else for recycling!
9.gif

as requested, here''s a neck shot of the pendant
5.gif

chickpea_bezel_pendant_neck_shot.jpg

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I love you that you were able to get two pieces out of the one ring! Great use of the diamonds! I love the ring a lot!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
interesting idea catmom - they are tapered baguettes so that would probably work out nicely! i''d never have thought of using them that way. if you happen upon the pic, i''d love to see it...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful, love the ring
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 3:55:40 PM
Author: chickpea
interesting idea catmom - they are tapered baguettes so that would probably work out nicely! i''d never have thought of using them that way. if you happen upon the pic, i''d love to see it...
Well, I couldn''t find the one I was thinking of but I did find something similiar. The one I''m thinking of had two or three smaller tapered Baguettes, though so that the bail was wider if that makes any sense.

tapered baguette bail.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new set! You did a great job with your stones! The ring is so delicate & the necklace will look good with just about anything...

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
''just looked at the original ring...what an extreme makeover!!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Aha! Now I understand..

They are both beautiful! The diamond looks bigger in the bezel pendant than it did before!
I love seeing things ''recycled'' like that. I also got a ring from DH''s aunt, that someday I''d like to recycle.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, should have looked before I posted on your other thread!! I looooove it! Love the bezel ring, I want one too!

DD
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results