shape
carat
color
clarity

Yeah!! My new 2.15 ct diamond stud earrings!

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and look great on you - perfect proportions.
I don’t wear earrings to bed or showering.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Your studs are simply gorgeous. They look perfect size on your ears. My two pairs of martini set studs I remove nightly if I’m wearing them as they are large and uncomfortable to sleep in. My small 4 prong studs that I wear in my second hole I don’t take out until unless I’m switching to wear my Martinis.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. They give your love great coverage. :cool2:

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I’ve only worn them once since I’ve had them now for a week. I definitely haven’t worn them to bed or to shower. I think the jumbo backs don’t feel too comfortable when I roll around.

I think I’ll just stick to wearing them during the day. Since we’re all wearing masks and my hair is long, they are very hidden.

It kind of gave me the lift I needed during this dreary time.

It was in celebration of our 15th anniversary and other holidays rolled into one. Lol

What I’m thinking about now is a Tacori or similar designed eternity band ( not sure what the collection is, I don’t think it’s the RoyalT one since it doesn’t have diamonds on the platinum curves ) but I just thought it was so well made and the stones well protected, but pricey for the diamond ctw.

Do any of you have a Tacori eternity band that is 2-3 tctw to share pics?
Thanks

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful! Perfect size.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and a perfect size on you!!

I usually take mine out before showering. Once every few weeks I might forget and shower with them on, but that’s not the norm. I never sleep with mine in. I find it uncomfortable.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,
I’m happy to finally have my earrings.

I’ve been planning this for months and admiring all of the posts on the Diamond Studs....

First I thought I was going to go for .60-.75 ct ea stones , but then the presence just wasn’t enough in my mind for me, so I debated and then finally went to DH and asked for his approval to use my original engagement ring center for one of the earrings . To me, it just made sense. My original engagement ring sits in a box and is kept at the bank, so I just thought it should see the light and get some wear.

So, with DH’s approval, I set out to find a mate for the stone. The original was bought from Jonathan at GOG 15 years ago. While she is a beauty with lots of fire, she wasn’t in the right setting and I always wanted to upgrade, which I did about 4 years ago, so she has been sitting alone.

She is a GIA 1.06 FVS2 EX VG about 6.56 mm I believe. Now her mate is 1.09 FSI 1 XxX JA True Hearts.

They are both set in a platinum 4 prong basket setting with a low profile with large pushbacks and thin claw prongs. They have a nice size presence on my earlobes.

Thanks for all those that helped me decide on whether I should go with a 4 or 6 prong setting and whether platform white gold in Rocky Talky.

111C5224-B9D9-427A-B579-C6B9F3BDEEB1.jpeg FEC6B3C3-97BD-40BE-9FA8-4095267E3103.jpeg 4BDBEA41-E970-4522-A18C-9DF32E2F9984.jpeg F821C867-F63B-4A5B-B203-E31F4E87FEE4.jpeg 1AC22C9D-6431-4CAD-B629-D6FA62DA0C58.jpeg 7BA66F0D-758F-4EEC-85C5-D19873401695.jpeg 57F1C65F-EA4B-4C79-9034-9842AAF52B3D.jpeg

I went with 4 prongs since the original was in a Vatche 6 prong setting and all of the metal just seemed to always bother me.

For those that have diamond studs, do you wear them all the time? i.e. to shower, to bed etc?

Let me know what you think!!

I love your studs so much!! This is exactly the look I am hoping to achieve - F color and the same ratio of stud size to earlobe size. Yours look absolutely perfect! I have one quick question if you don't mind - are you able to tell a difference in light performance between the two studs?

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
I love your studs so much!! This is exactly the look I am hoping to achieve - F color and the same ratio of stud size to earlobe size. Yours look absolutely perfect! I have one quick question if you don't mind - are you able to tell a difference in light performance between the two studs?

Hi Sandy,
They are both very well match that I can detect tan ever so slight difference. My original stone, the 1.06 has slightly better scintillation than the 1.09. I know this because I took them to our local jeweler here to verify that my stones matched up with the certificates.

Going into the review, I mentally made a note as to which one was which and I was right. I think because my original one was worn daily for over 10 years, so you just get to recognize every nuance about it like your birthmarks or reading a person’s body language after being around them every day for 10 years.

The 1.09 has a lot of fire too, but more so in bright mall lighting.

So just to be consistent, I just make it a point to put the original stone on the left side of the box every time and that’s how I put them on and take them off.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and a great size!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sandy,
They are both very well match that I can detect tan ever so slight difference. My original stone, the 1.06 has slightly better scintillation than the 1.09. I know this because I took them to our local jeweler here to verify that my stones matched up with the certificates.

Going into the review, I mentally made a note as to which one was which and I was right. I think because my original one was worn daily for over 10 years, so you just get to recognize every nuance about it like your birthmarks or reading a person’s body language after being around them every day for 10 years.

The 1.09 has a lot of fire too, but more so in bright mall lighting.

So just to be consistent, I just make it a point to put the original stone on the left side of the box every time and that’s how I put them on and take them off.

Thank you! And congrats again on your beautiful studs!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are just lovely, @idealw2boys. Can I ask who did the setting pls? The prong work on these and on your e-ring is terrific!

Congratulations on a perfect acquisition! :wavey:

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Now my dilemma is do I wear them while working from home? Which I have done on days that I feel like I need a pick me up. =)2

But I noticed that when my kids’ tutor comes over she is staring at my earlobes and not really looking at me when I’m talking. Lol

@mrs-b , that is such a great compliment, thank you for your discerning eye.

Yekutiel from IDJ made them for me. It seems like there are different kinds of settings here on PS, so what I did was I sent pictures of the ones I adored and also of ones that I liked and didn’t know who they were made by, just that I liked them.

I think he was ready to let me go since I had to be convinced that I should get 4 prongs low setting with fine claw prongs with a flat back so my earlobes wouldn’t droop or sag or expand based on what other PSers had commented on. So I was just dead set on 6 claw prongs because I equated it with keeping with a rounded solitaire ring, but these are earrings, so with more prongs, it would just make it look like all you could see was metal.

But with these on my earlobes, all you see are the sparkling stones.

I changed my my mind and had to call him right in the morning as they were opening up, and not a minute later since with their service and turnaround that he’s known for, he had already ordered the 6 prong settings! , so I had to tell him he was right I should have listened to him from the beginning!

What I learned from this is, go with a 6 prong stud earring setting if each stone is at least 2.5 ct like m2b’s. They look magnificent and the 6 prongs won’t detract from the stones since they have such a presence, but if your stones are smaller, it’s safer to go with a 4 prong. Just my opinion....

Lara khzam

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I’ve been planning this for months and admiring all of the posts on the Diamond Studs....

First I thought I was going to go for .60-.75 ct ea stones , but then the presence just wasn’t enough in my mind for me, so I debated and then finally went to DH and asked for his approval to use my original engagement ring center for one of the earrings . To me, it just made sense. My original engagement ring sits in a box and is kept at the bank, so I just thought it should see the light and get some wear.

So, with DH’s approval, I set out to find a mate for the stone. The original was bought from Jonathan at GOG 15 years ago. While she is a beauty with lots of fire, she wasn’t in the right setting and I always wanted to upgrade, which I did about 4 years ago, so she has been sitting alone.

She is a GIA 1.06 FVS2 EX VG about 6.56 mm I believe. Now her mate is 1.09 FSI 1 XxX JA True Hearts.

They are both set in a platinum 4 prong basket setting with a low profile with large pushbacks and thin claw prongs. They have a nice size presence on my earlobes.

Thanks for all those that helped me decide on whether I should go with a 4 or 6 prong setting and whether platform white gold in Rocky Talky.

111C5224-B9D9-427A-B579-C6B9F3BDEEB1.jpeg FEC6B3C3-97BD-40BE-9FA8-4095267E3103.jpeg 4BDBEA41-E970-4522-A18C-9DF32E2F9984.jpeg F821C867-F63B-4A5B-B203-E31F4E87FEE4.jpeg 1AC22C9D-6431-4CAD-B629-D6FA62DA0C58.jpeg 7BA66F0D-758F-4EEC-85C5-D19873401695.jpeg 57F1C65F-EA4B-4C79-9034-9842AAF52B3D.jpeg

I went with 4 prongs since the original was in a Vatche 6 prong setting and all of the metal just seemed to always bother me.

For those that have diamond studs, do you wear them all the time? i.e. to shower, to bed etc?

Beautiful!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your studs are just gorgeous!!! I am sorry I missed your post! I was looking back through the studs thread and saw you post there and then looked to see your completed studs since I apparently missed your post! Sometimes a post can slip to the second page if I don't check Show Me the Bling for a few days.

I just wanted to say that I think you made exactly the right choice in the setting! A low profile basket with small prongs is a classic choice, and I agree that 6 are not needed unless the stones are really large. I have enjoyed my crown settings, but I still love the 4 prong baskets I had before! If you happen to see this, do you know where Yekutiel orders his earrings settings? Because if I upgrade one last time :lol: , I'd like to know where he gets them as WF only stocks the higher 4 prong baskets.

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
Your studs are so beautiful @idealw2boys! Perfect size and setting!

My stud earrings are much smaller than yours, 1.4ctw, in 4 prong setting. I take them off when sleeping and showering. I used to never take my earrings off when going to bed. Then one night I took them off, and have been a changed woman since! I can't deal with earrings in bed anymore! Also, I like to scrub my ears in shower and apply skincare on my ears as well afterwards. Sorry, TMI. But that's why I don't wear earrings in shower.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Your studs are just gorgeous!!! I am sorry I missed your post! I was looking back through the studs thread and saw you post there and then looked to see your completed studs since I apparently missed your post! Sometimes a post can slip to the second page if I don't check Show Me the Bling for a few days.

I just wanted to say that I think you made exactly the right choice in the setting! A low profile basket with small prongs is a classic choice, and I agree that 6 are not needed unless the stones are really large. I have enjoyed my crown settings, but I still love the 4 prong baskets I had before! If you happen to see this, do you know where Yekutiel orders his earrings settings? Because if I upgrade one last time :lol: , I'd like to know where he gets them as WF only stocks the higher 4 prong baskets.

Hi @diamondseeker2006 ,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Yes I’m glad that I went with 4 prong basket low setting like you had said in one of your posts. I always love the great advice that you give to PSERs. I only hope to have as much expertise as you when it comes to diamonds. I always think if you and a host of others as “ the expert panel”.

Sadly, I only wished that I was wearing them. I got them over the summer to celebrate our 15th anniversary, but as with all things around this challenging time, every celebration is meh.... so sadly or maybe not??? Since wfh, I haven’t worn them but a handful of times, just don’t think they go do well with athleisure outfits. Also, when I do wear other clothes, just doesn’t “feel” right yet during this time.

About your question about the earrings... Yekutiel said that they are Stuller’s stock item, that all the PS vendors order their stock and may or may not make their modifications to them? I’m not sure about that because the descriptions on the major PS vendors say they are custom made in house etc.... maybe they know more than what is advertised on sites???

Thanks again for all your great advice. You and the expert panel of regulars have helped countless PSers. I am reading responses even though they’re not questions that I’ve posted, but love the advice.

Sorry for such a long post.. :)

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Your studs are so beautiful @idealw2boys! Perfect size and setting!

My stud earrings are much smaller than yours, 1.4ctw, in 4 prong setting. I take them off when sleeping and showering. I used to never take my earrings off when going to bed. Then one night I took them off, and have been a changed woman since! I can't deal with earrings in bed anymore! Also, I like to scrub my ears in shower and apply skincare on my ears as well afterwards. Sorry, TMI. But that's why I don't wear earrings in shower.

Hi @thecatmom ,

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes since I haven’t worn the beautiful new earrings that I wanted so badly to celebrate our 15 year anniversary and to add some joy to such a dreary time.... it just hasn’t felt right to indulge
:(2:(2
So since I haven’t worn these much, my lobes were bare and felt weird so I would wear hoops to add some sparkle to make my ears look somewhat dressed, but they’d get in the way of my hair and ear mask loops.
:lol-2:

So, I’ve started wearing just studs that can stay in and not have to be taken out every night and keep my lobes from closing up.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Well done - I love these studs! It's great that you could use your first e-ring and have it with you. The size is perfect!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
These are just lovely, @idealw2boys. Can I ask who did the setting pls? The prong work on these and on your e-ring is terrific!

Congratulations on a perfect acquisition! :wavey:

Thanks @mrs-b ,
Sorry for such a delayed response, I don’t remember seeing this at all, I’m on here at least weekly:confused:

The 3 stone was custom from IDJ , I was very specific with all the details with measurements and pictures and the angles that I wanted the side stones set at.

The earrings were also from IDJ, the setting was a stock Stuller item. He said that all the major PS vendors source from them....

I don’t know if that’s the case, but that’s what he said.... I wished I had a pair of WF ones to compare...

Personally, I think that the posts are a little light and I feel like I need to be careful with them when putting them back in the jewelry box. I get that designs are about making it with less metal, but I feel they are too “dainty “ , I wish they had a little bit more weight to them. I just feel like it could bend easily, but I know they’re platinum, how could that be right??? Just my fears I guess...

I’ve been following your sales of your treasured items, can’t wait to see what you will surprise us with your next BIG project....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

I had to come back and gaze at your beautiful earrings. They look Amazbling on you. ❤️

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
I had to come back and gaze at your beautiful earrings. They look Amazbling on you. ❤️

Hope all is well with you....
Love your earrings too! And Bubbalah...

I saw some old threads the other night and read about how Bubbalah came to be, great journey!
One day, maybe after enjoying everyone’s great OECS, I may take the plunge too!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

Congrats! Looks like the perfect size ! I wear mine 24/7 but they are much smaller at .36 each. I put them in the ultrasonic cleaner here and there to keep them shiny. Would love to have that 0.75 to 1 ct each someday. It’s on “ want list my list :). Enjoy your new bling. Did you post about your upgraded ring way back? Would love to see it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @diamondseeker2006 ,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Yes I’m glad that I went with 4 prong basket low setting like you had said in one of your posts. I always love the great advice that you give to PSERs. I only hope to have as much expertise as you when it comes to diamonds. I always think if you and a host of others as “ the expert panel”.

Sadly, I only wished that I was wearing them. I got them over the summer to celebrate our 15th anniversary, but as with all things around this challenging time, every celebration is meh.... so sadly or maybe not??? Since wfh, I haven’t worn them but a handful of times, just don’t think they go do well with athleisure outfits. Also, when I do wear other clothes, just doesn’t “feel” right yet during this time.

About your question about the earrings... Yekutiel said that they are Stuller’s stock item, that all the PS vendors order their stock and may or may not make their modifications to them? I’m not sure about that because the descriptions on the major PS vendors say they are custom made in house etc.... maybe they know more than what is advertised on sites???

Thanks again for all your great advice. You and the expert panel of regulars have helped countless PSers. I am reading responses even though they’re not questions that I’ve posted, but love the advice.

Sorry for such a long post.. :)

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have learned so much over the years and am happy when I can pay back and help others!

I totally hear you on not wearing much jewelry the past year! Thinking about jewelry projects at least keeps my brain in a normal sphere, but there's been little opportunity to wear it! I am hoping for a more normal summer!!!

Stuller has two different 4 prong settings, and I am betting yours is the other one because the base of one is wider than the other. Yours seems to be the wider base. Maybe I need to call Stuller and see if they'll measure the base on the two styles for me (in a size I'd need) and see if this explains why one can set lower than the other. I seriously don't want settings that will set the stones too high. I am just very encouraged to know yours were from Stuller, too, as I prefer their pricing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really pretty and I hope you will start to wear them more! They really can be dress up or dress down so enjoy them all you can!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hello all,

They never come off my ears unless I am cleaning them

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have learned so much over the years and am happy when I can pay back and help others!

I totally hear you on not wearing much jewelry the past year! Thinking about jewelry projects at least keeps my brain in a normal sphere, but there's been little opportunity to wear it! I am hoping for a more normal summer!!!

Stuller has two different 4 prong settings, and I am betting yours is the other one because the base of one is wider than the other. Yours seems to be the wider base. Maybe I need to call Stuller and see if they'll measure the base on the two styles for me (in a size I'd need) and see if this explains why one can set lower than the other. I seriously don't want settings that will set the stones too high. I am just very encouraged to know yours were from Stuller, too, as I prefer their pricing!

Let us know how you do and what you decide on and of course pictures!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Looks like the perfect size ! I wear mine 24/7 but they are much smaller at .36 each. I put them in the ultrasonic cleaner here and there to keep them shiny. Would love to have that 0.75 to 1 ct each someday. It’s on “ want list my list :). Enjoy your new bling. Did you post about your upgraded ring way back? Would love to see it.

Hi @Dmndsr4evr11
No, I never posted about my upgraded e ring.

Since I’m not wearing any of my bling these days, it’s put away.

But here are some pictures...

The center is a1.50 H SI, and the sides are G .40 each. They’re Triple EX in a size 6 18K white gold 2 mm shank ( which I was insistent on had to be a rounded one, not flat) and super comfortable to wear and it does check all the boxes.

A523971F-CA49-4CC2-948A-2684963729FB.jpeg

Attachments

• 610E52D6-A34A-4BA5-9217-845C576A3F4C.jpeg
    610E52D6-A34A-4BA5-9217-845C576A3F4C.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 93
  • F53BD043-26CD-446B-9473-2D37A3FBDA82.jpeg
    F53BD043-26CD-446B-9473-2D37A3FBDA82.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 2A5E0D9B-A23E-48B1-8304-DAB842E469B9.jpeg
    2A5E0D9B-A23E-48B1-8304-DAB842E469B9.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 598C80CD-3027-4283-BF46-03745B62F6AD.jpeg