shape
carat
color
clarity

Yeah!! My new 2.15 ct diamond stud earrings!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,
I’m happy to finally have my earrings.

I’ve been planning this for months and admiring all of the posts on the Diamond Studs....

First I thought I was going to go for .60-.75 ct ea stones , but then the presence just wasn’t enough in my mind for me, so I debated and then finally went to DH and asked for his approval to use my original engagement ring center for one of the earrings . To me, it just made sense. My original engagement ring sits in a box and is kept at the bank, so I just thought it should see the light and get some wear.

So, with DH’s approval, I set out to find a mate for the stone. The original was bought from Jonathan at GOG 15 years ago. While she is a beauty with lots of fire, she wasn’t in the right setting and I always wanted to upgrade, which I did about 4 years ago, so she has been sitting alone.

She is a GIA 1.06 FVS2 EX VG about 6.56 mm I believe. Now her mate is 1.09 FSI 1 XxX JA True Hearts.

They are both set in a platinum 4 prong basket setting with a low profile with large pushbacks and thin claw prongs. They have a nice size presence on my earlobes.

Thanks for all those that helped me decide on whether I should go with a 4 or 6 prong setting and whether platform white gold in Rocky Talky.

111C5224-B9D9-427A-B579-C6B9F3BDEEB1.jpeg FEC6B3C3-97BD-40BE-9FA8-4095267E3103.jpeg 4BDBEA41-E970-4522-A18C-9DF32E2F9984.jpeg F821C867-F63B-4A5B-B203-E31F4E87FEE4.jpeg 1AC22C9D-6431-4CAD-B629-D6FA62DA0C58.jpeg 7BA66F0D-758F-4EEC-85C5-D19873401695.jpeg 57F1C65F-EA4B-4C79-9034-9842AAF52B3D.jpeg

I went with 4 prongs since the original was in a Vatche 6 prong setting and all of the metal just seemed to always bother me.

For those that have diamond studs, do you wear them all the time? i.e. to shower, to bed etc?

Let me know what you think!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible!!! Stunning new set of studs! That was such a quick turnaround. I feel like your other thread was started yesterday lol.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect on you! I see all diamond and little metal - right up my alley! I take mine out every night and clean them. I don’t sleep in mine (uncomfortable for me) and obviously don’t shower in them either. Many others do though so depends on what you can tolerate.
At any rate, wear them every day and enjoy them - they are beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they're gorgeous!!! I take mine out every night, and I don't shower with them on. Enjoy these sparklers!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Very white and sparkly!

For me, I take mine out at night put them on in the morning after I shower. I like mine to stay clean and sparkle like crazy so not wearing them at night or in the shower keep them cleaner (no shampoo build up or oil from pressing into my skin at night.) Also I don't like the feel of sleeping in them. Occasionally I hear of someone bending the post they do sleep in them.

Enjoy!

P

Petalouda

You earrings are absolutely stunning!! That sparkle - wow!!! I don’t sleep or workout in my studs. But other than that - I leave them in.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear mine all the time! Take out for cleaning. Yes I know, bad me to wear all the time, But with my RA I cannot take them on and off daily.

yours are lovely!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Well done, beautiful classic can’t be wrong.
I have a pair of 2.01tcw in 4-claw too, I prefer 4-claw to go with diamond jackets. If well made, main stones won’t look squarish at all. I am extremely OCD when blings concerned, hence I remove everything upon reaching home. Cooking/bathing/sleeping - definitely NO NO for same reasons @RunningwithScissors has mentioned.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & a great size on you! I wear my smaller studs 24/7 & have done for the best part of 21 years. I do remove them every few days for cleaning though. My larger ones have longer posts & are not comfy to sleep in, but I only wear these on occasion anyway.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!
My studs are way smaller (0.43 ct each) than yours: I wear them 24/7 just because putting on/off exposes me to the risk of loosing them...when I was younger I used to put on/off my earrings everyday- I used to change earrings everyday- but I lost too many earrings: a pearl stud, a gold hoop, a cz gold stud...so I decided to change habits.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! How lovely that you can wear your original e-ring diamond again! I take mine out each night and clean them. Put them on in the morning after I shower. They get filthy from hair products.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous! I am planning to upgrade to 2ctw studs in the next couple of years so this post is really helpful! They look very substantial! I wear my diamond studs 24/7, only taking them off to clean. I use a tooth brush to wipe them everyday after I shower and they always sparkle more after. Then maybe once a week I take them off to really clean them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ❤️❤️❤️
The perfect size. Love these on you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! I have been upgrading throughout the years and mine are over 2ctw set into a white gold 4 prong martini setting. I wear them all the time although I shouldn't. Diamonds studs to me are a staple piece of jewelry and I feel naked without them. LOL!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I did the same thing with my original e-ring diamond and love being able to wear it every day. Well done!

ETA: Mine have jumbo backs, which are super secure, and I wear them daily, but not to sleep or shower. I just pop them in every morning.

Last edited:

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Those are beautiful!

I used to have mine set in screwbacks and wore them 24/7 except for taking them out to clean. I thought the backs were safe and secure. A few months ago I lost one of them while out on a run.

When I replaced the missing stone I had them reset into guardian (Protektor) backs, which I believe now are more secure. However, I don't wear them when I run anymore and I don't wear them in the shower because I've read that the springs in the backs can rust. I sometimes sleep in them and sometimes don't.

One other thing I've never seen mentioned. I have these wrinkles that have formed in my ears, over my piercings. I suspect they were caused by years of sleeping in my earrings. Too late to do anything about it now, but I might not have slept in them if I'd known.

Olde Soul

Rough_Rock
Those are super pretty and very sparkly! They are amazing and they look perfect on you:kiss2:

H

Horsegirl76

Stunning set of studs! Perfect size and balance on you.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words and giving me the opportunity to share with like minded people!

No one around me understands the love of diamonds and all the decisions that go into deciding and planning and choosing a setting with all the details.

Here are some more shots. Enjoy!

1BECFBA4-BD01-478F-9124-37A3983714AC.jpeg F79988E2-FD01-4E18-8F0F-50ACB4510FCD.jpeg 3C7B6236-4E35-486D-A9F0-35805E22C859.jpeg

I’m going to try and take some in the sunlight if I can .

PS.. Anyone know how to make the PS Smilies show up in your post? I click on them, but nothing comes up. I even tried dragging them from the clipboard to the text box, but no luck.

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock
congratulations on your beautiful earrings! i wear my studs constantly, even in the shower :)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I think the smilies just randomly stop working. Sometimes they won’t attach themselves to my posts so no one gets a smiley until they want to start cooperating again. I haven’t noticed a pattern other than sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. :think:

Q

Queenie60

Perfect size. Congratulations on your new earrings. They're lovely.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamonds! Congratulations to you on such a great purchase! Enjoy them, you look really stunning!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These are SO beautiful! Can we see a profile shot along with the large backs?

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Those are stunning! They look perfect in your ears ! I don't sleep in mine, too uncomfortable and never shower with any jewelry on, for reasons stated above by others .You did a phenomenal job putting together a nicely matched pair! I am delighted to hear that the beautiful diamond that was living at the bank has been released to the light! Way too gorgeous to keep hidden away!

lko700

Rough_Rock
@idealw2boys Can you share profile shots so I can get a better look at the setting? I am working with IDJ on my first pair of diamond studs and am contemplating 3 prong martini or 4 prong basket. Your claw prongs look great!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A perfect match! Just stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results