shape
carat
color
clarity

Yea! Prof Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

DeeJay, Gypsy, albicocca, belle...thank you...thank you...thank you. You are all so sweet. Yea!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Jas you and everything look so beautiful! Congratulations! Ouch about breaking your nose. I''ve done it 3 times. It sucks a bunch. Do you have black eyes? Did you have to have them straighten it? At least you have gorgeous pictures to look at
1.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 12:08:29 PM
Author: robbie3982
Jas you and everything look so beautiful! Congratulations! Ouch about breaking your nose. I''ve done it 3 times. It sucks a bunch. Do you have black eyes? Did you have to have them straighten it? At least you have gorgeous pictures to look at
1.gif
Good lord, Robbie, how did you deal with it 3 times? Yeah, I''ve got shiners and all...but again, it was such a cartoonish moment in my life that I keep giggling about it. They didn''t have to straighten it, fortunately.

Thanks, yeah, I am enamored with my photographer! I recommend him to the world!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see, the first two times were in hs. Junior year about a month before the homecoming dance and Senior year a few months before cheerleading nationals. Both times were from cheerleading and I had to have it straightened which was almost worse than breaking it. I didn''t get black eyes either time though.

I took a break from cheerleading after hs til my senior year in college and after about a month of being back I broke my nose again. This was by far the worst time. Two shiners that almost entirely swelled shut. It hurt a lot worse than the first two times too and my pain meds made me sick. I didn''t have to get it straightened though which was good.

They say every time you break something it breaks that much easier the next time. I get really freaked out when anything comes close to my nose now.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. Can''t imagine that. Mine is just so sensitive right now...

At least yours was a sports injury. Mine was just a "D''oh" moment!

I''ll have to guard my nose now and try to avoid walking into inanimate objects. Or animate ones, for that matter.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
I missed the broken nose part the first time because I was so eager to get to the pictures - OOWWCH!!!

I broke mine when I was about 13 and it looked like someone puched me in both eyes. You are lucky you didn't have any bruises!

ETA: You don't really notice it in person but in straight-on pictures (like my driver's license) you can see that it bends a little to one side. Cute. NOT!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Jas, you are absolutely breathtaking!!! Everything is gorgeous and your ceremony seemed so wonderful...
30.gif
36.gif
Mind if I steal your idea of the cardboard bottom layers for the cake? I think it''s a great idea to save a little money... Sorry your ladies didn''t seem to be much fun... What''s there to bicker about at a wedding?
26.gif

Ow, I''m sorry you broke your nose! Mine almost hurts just by thinking about it!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 12:49:15 PM
Author: anchor31
Jas, you are absolutely breathtaking!!! Everything is gorgeous and your ceremony seemed so wonderful...
30.gif
36.gif
Mind if I steal your idea of the cardboard bottom layers for the cake? I think it''s a great idea to save a little money... Sorry your ladies didn''t seem to be much fun... What''s there to bicker about at a wedding?
26.gif

Ow, I''m sorry you broke your nose! Mine almost hurts just by thinking about it!
Steal away -- it saved big bucks! Little itty bitty cake for show, big ol'' undecorated sheet cakes for serving. Fabulous! (From what I understand, a lot of the cake money comes from time decorating...)

Oh, the bickering...lesse...my sister was having some, well, anger-management moments because she was awfully uncomfortable with the whole event. It''s funny -- in the prof pictures, her body language is screaming discomfort. She kept trying to hide behind other people and then was snapping at my photographer. And my MOH, I am learning, has a hard time when attention is not focused on her...she was demanding everyone help *her* dress, help tie her shawl a thousand ways because she thought her arms looked fat, she grabbed the hairdresser lady and the makeup goddess away from me...I got very zen only because I had lotsa time built into the day...but very stressful. And his sisters were lovely but were really uncomfortable around my sis and my MOH...who eventually *literally* threw a fit and started bitching at me because I asked my mom and not her to help me put on my dress (we hadn''t planned this or anything, but by the time it was dress time, I just wanted quiet time w/ mom)...and apparently, according to some dumb book, that''s the MOH job and I wasn''t letting her do her job. And this was one of her better moments in the whole engagement period.

So the nose thing? Par for the course. :) But thanks for the compliment..I do think the day was gorgeous!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 11:43:02 AM
Author: jas
DH kept turning and looking at me during the ceremony...which I wasn''t expecting...I was expecting both of us to be staring at the rabbi the whole time. So I kept catching him doing it, then I''d start weeping. He wiped my tears away...

That totally made me teary. Beautiful wedding! You and your hubby look great! Oh and I looooooooove the standing candelabras near the chuppa. The whole ceremony area was GORGEOUS. More pictures please:)

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Crown, you are too sweet. Yeah, the candelabras were stunning -- I was worried they be a bit over-the-top, but the room was so big that it all balanced out...

I''ll get more pictures of the room!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Eeek, bridemaidzillas!
32.gif
Looks like you still had fun, though!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
So true, anchor...on both counts. My gals really let me down throughout, but what''s interesting is that in the ceremony, there is a lot of talk about how a marriage is a sort of "creation" that parallels the Earth''s creation...hub and wife create a new life together. This new life is giving me the strength to redefine boundaries, particularly with MOH.

And he''s a fun fun guy. So yes, it all works out. I am thrilled to death that so many of the notes we''ve gotten from people (and there have been TONS) have said how hubby and my love was so evident, that the room was one big ol'' schmoop fest! Yea!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 11:45:12 AM
This is my favorite one...we incorporated an old tradition -- during the reading of the Seven Blessings (which in and of itself is cool) we were wrapped in a prayer shawl...it was snug and very symbolic...

I call this Bliss (With a Big-ass Microphone Stand)
Oh, this one made me teary. You look wonderfully happy, and the pics are absolutely beautiful. Congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, what great photos. When I got married, I told my photographer, to keep any posed photos down to a minimum. While I would have loved some artistically gorgeous photos, it was more important he capture the day, and our expressions. Your photographer did a great job of that.

But your photographer would have been hard pressed to capture expressions if you weren''t giving any, so it''s great to see such an exuberant bride. So many weddings I''ve been to, brides cry and smile a little, but they don''t LAUGH. Glad to see how much you were able to laugh!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! Those are some great pictures of a beautiful day. I loooooooove that prayer shawl photo. You guys looks so content and at peace and just lost in a moment with each other. It''s really beautiful.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, how absolutely beautiful, jas. I didn''t think it could get better than the non-professional pics and it did. The shot with the shawl is just so absolutely sweet and tender and I have tears!

So sorry about the nose and the MOH! But you are just stunning and your husband is just perfect and the whole thing is just too lovely for words!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Jas~I''m so sorry about your nose! I''ve run into windows and doors many times, but fortunately have never broken my nose. Ouch!

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! They are all so precious, and I''m sure the other 2,991 are just as stunning. Keep them coming if you can!

I am TOTALLY hunting you down for that photographer when I get married in a million years!!!
20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I must echo the others and say you looked absolutely gorgeous! Great pics and thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jackie- What lovely pics! They captured the emotion and love you shared that day.

I''m thrilled that everything worked out in the end. But your MOH is a piece of work! Oh well it''s in the past.

Here''s to a lifetime of wedded bliss!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Jas, your pics are just gorgeous!! What a beautiful bride you were!! Everything looked lovely...Congratulations to you and your new hubby!!!
36.gif
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I thought your makeup looks great too; very natural not overly made-up. Your pictures are great; they really capture your feelings. The one with you guys in the shawl is my favorite. It's so sweet and full of love.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 2:09:53 PM
Author: turtledazzle

Date: 11/16/2006 11:45:12 AM
This is my favorite one...we incorporated an old tradition -- during the reading of the Seven Blessings (which in and of itself is cool) we were wrapped in a prayer shawl...it was snug and very symbolic...

I call this Bliss (With a Big-ass Microphone Stand)
Oh, this one made me teary. You look wonderfully happy, and the pics are absolutely beautiful. Congrats!
Thank you! I welled up too when DH printed it out for me and wrote on the back "You''re home now" I look back at this man, who was terrified of love and of trusting when we first started dating...he was scared of any emotion...and now this...sigh.

Thank you for your well-wishes!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 2:28:09 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Jas, what great photos. When I got married, I told my photographer, to keep any posed photos down to a minimum. While I would have loved some artistically gorgeous photos, it was more important he capture the day, and our expressions. Your photographer did a great job of that.

But your photographer would have been hard pressed to capture expressions if you weren''t giving any, so it''s great to see such an exuberant bride. So many weddings I''ve been to, brides cry and smile a little, but they don''t LAUGH. Glad to see how much you were able to laugh!
To quote one of my favorite PSers "Oh my stars!" TG, thank you so much. He was such a zen kinda guy -- nothing phased him. I didn''t even notice him during the ceremony!

We laughed because our journies to this point have been arduous and painful...we are older, I''ve had medical issues, we''ve both had heartaches...and so we grab the joy when we can.

What a lovely message you wrote. I am, as you can guess, a horrible poker player!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 3:32:23 PM
Author: ky6
Oh wow! Those are some great pictures of a beautiful day. I loooooooove that prayer shawl photo. You guys looks so content and at peace and just lost in a moment with each other. It''s really beautiful.
Thank you! We are totally lost in the moment. We were both terrified of being the center of attention that day...we looked forward to this moment...it was pretty darned private, oddly enough, for being, literally, in the middle of 200 people (we had a ceremony in the round.)

Thank you for the compliment. You are so sweet!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 4:57:57 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Oh my goodness, how absolutely beautiful, jas. I didn''t think it could get better than the non-professional pics and it did. The shot with the shawl is just so absolutely sweet and tender and I have tears!

So sorry about the nose and the MOH! But you are just stunning and your husband is just perfect and the whole thing is just too lovely for words!
Hooray for happy tears! DH and I wanted this day to bring on the "schmoop" as we call it (we even entitled the CDs we gave out as favors "Schmoop and Groove") It seems to have worked.

My husband is indeed perfect...or at least loves me perfectly. Even when he isn''t.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 5:10:02 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Jas~I''m so sorry about your nose! I''ve run into windows and doors many times, but fortunately have never broken my nose. Ouch!

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! They are all so precious, and I''m sure the other 2,991 are just as stunning. Keep them coming if you can!

I am TOTALLY hunting you down for that photographer when I get married in a million years!!!
20.gif
LOL -- Girl, I have a gift for excess...in for a penny in for a pound, even in injury.

Thanks -- there are about 2990 pictures of me looking like I have a chromosomal problem, but there are a few more good ones.

Yes, I''ll be happy to pass along info on the photog...he was a little pricey, but this was one area we agreed to spend $$$...and it was the best decision!

Thanks for all your support through all the drama!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2006 12:14:30 PM

Date: 11/16/2006 4:57:57 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Hooray for happy tears! DH and I wanted this day to bring on the ''schmoop'' as we call it (we even entitled the CDs we gave out as favors ''Schmoop and Groove'') It seems to have worked.

My husband is indeed perfect...or at least loves me perfectly. Even when he isn''t.
I tell my husband all the time "we may not be perfect but we''re perfect for each other." It''s a great reminder to let go of the little things when frustrations arise.

Happy Happy Marriage to you!!!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Oh jas, I love your pics! You looked stunning (I love your makeup, btw)!
1.gif
You and your husband look so happy and in love, and your photographer did a wonderful job capturing that! I especially love the one of you guys wrapped in the prayer shawl. Thanks for explaining what was going on during each pic...it''s almost like we got to be there! I''m so happy for you that all of that drama is finally in the past (well, wedding related drama anyways)
2.gif
, and your wedding was amazing! Congratulations to you both! I''m so sorry to hear about your nose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results