shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay we picked a place and a date!!! What now??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m soooo excited that I feel like shouting out the news to people I don''t know as they walk by me. We FINALLY set a date after 6 months and after looking at so many places! We will be getting married on July 4, 2008 at the Castle Hill Inn and Resort in Newport, RI. Has anyone been to a wedding there- or had there own wedding there from this board? Also, should I be buying the dress ASAP? How much time do I need to give them to have it ready? I have just a little over 9 months...I always planned to have so much longer....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I just snatched down the ''Wedding Countdown'' sheet from our fridge which I got from an old ''modern bride''.

Remember it''s just a guide. Don''t freak out about anything!

Here are the highlights for the 12-6 months out period:

9-12 months before:

Announce engagement
Set a date
Set a budget
Pick a ceremony site and a reception site
Rough sketch the guest list
Start looking around at dresses

6-9 months before:

Choose your wedding party
Hire a caterer
Register
Order a dress
Pick a photographer
Pick a florist
Pick a DJ / musicians
Send save the dates

And onward...

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Cool! We never looked at Castle Hill (except for online), but the pictures are pretty! And July 4 should be fun...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sap! I''m not from the area, but FI and I are getting married on July 4th, too. I''m super excited about the date.

I don''t know about timelines, they all scare me, but I just found my dress last night and it will be ready January 1st, so you at least have time for dress shopping.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! We got married at Castle Hill a year ago (it was our one-year anniversary yesterday!), and I cannot say enough good things about the place -- it's just the perfect venue for a wedding! The food is to die for (seriously, five star food), the location is gorgeous, the staff is so professional and helpful -- our wedding was everything I could've asked for.

We had a very small wedding, so we didn't use their wedding place (The Chalet?), just one of their dining rooms. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors, and everything went off without a hitch.

I'll try to find some good photos to show you if you want ...

We're actually going there next Sunday for a belated one-year anniversary brunch!

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!
36.gif

ETA: Are you staying there as well? We had one of their beach houses -- they were brand new renovated last summer -- and OH, it was heaven!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and one more thing, I don''t know if you''ve seen it already or not, but one of Giada''s Weekend Getaway shows was filmed at Castle Hill -- on our wedding day last year (we had a picture perfect day weather-wise)!! I think her new season is on, so I''m not sure when this will be repeated, but keep an eye out for it!

Can you tell I''m happy for you? We''ve been reliving our wedding for the past few days b/c of the anniversary, so I think I feel even giddier for you than I normally would b/c I just feel so full of happiness about that place right now!
21.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the wedding countdown that Indy posted. I just had a minor freak that I wrote about the other day -- venting that the Knot''s timeline is wacky. Indy''s is so much better and less stress-inducing. There''s no need to panic (as I did) -- it will all get done! So I realize that I didn''t actually answer any of your questions but I just wanted to reassure you that you have plenty of time to get things taken care of.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Hubby and I went to Newport for a getaway weekend a few years ago. We had dinner at Castle Hill. I am STILL talking about that meal! It was amazing. I''m sure it will make a spectacular place for a wedding.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Indy- Thank you! That''s reassuring to know that I''m not that far behind. According to my knot account and my wedding planning book, I''m way behind. Your timelines seems way more reasonable.

ellaila- I would love to see pictures of your wedding! Any and all advice you may have would be very much appreciated too! We''re actually holding our event at the Chalet since it''s about 125-150 ppl. I guess as part of the package, we get to stay in the two bedroom suite in the Chalet. I''m excited, it looks very romantic in the pictures.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Haven- I''m so excited, I have someone else to countdown with!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the delay in posting pics -- I was hoping to get some of our pro ones off the CDs for you, but just haven''t had the time to go through them all
7.gif
But here''s a link to a posting of mine when we first got married https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wow-what-a-day.51006/.

These photos are all from friends'' cameras or from table cameras, so they''re not the greatest, but you can still see how beautiful the place is
30.gif

We went there yesterday for brunch, and OH MY GOD, do I love that place!! Everything is just absolutely 100% perfect there. If you can make it there for a Sunday brunch some weekend, DO IT. The food is absolute heaven ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results