shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay my pad arrived! Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally said the setting would be done about a week from Monday...and then however long it takes to get here, and then for me to get a jeweler!
I wish the sun would come out today, but no, forecast is all rain, rain, rain...booo.

Haha, I bet you guys will get sick of all my pics soon! And you''re right, it''s addictive to play with!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never and I repeat never get tired of pad pictures
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
, or any other beautiful colored stone pictures for that matter.

BTW, They sure have improved their paper work. Yours was very nicely presented to you, a bow and everything.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is it for today unless the sun miraculously comes through
7.gif

lighting2224444.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....your pad is AWESOME! Sally is such an angel to work with. I have several of her Lotus pieces and they are AMAZING!

I can''t wait to see your ring on your finger!

Lori

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I lied....this is seriously addicting.
It was doing some weird color things, so I decided to take a pic. I find it interesting that the camera interprets dark pink as purple, lol.

colorblasting.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this new picture your just posted is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My attempt at color accuracy...The picture at the bottom is closest except the color is brighter and livelier in person. I think I'm starting to get the hang on this...

coloraccuracyattempt.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, it''s lovely! I think that setting is perfect for it, too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another color capture attempt

coloraccuracyattempt2.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting you picked out. It''s going to look really pretty!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love the colour and think it will look great in the setting you''ve picked!
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love that pinky peachy orangey goodness! Pretty stone, MTG. Nice choice!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the vendor photo for reference. Like Linda''s mentioned, their new photography process is pretty bad. I''ve seen the stone look kind of like this color in strong direct light, but usually it''s a much softer, and warmer peachy-pink hue (similar to my last few picture posts)

vendor photo.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve learned today I shouldn''t keep this in my study..next to my computer..as I watch lecture. I get horribly distracted trying to photograph it, lol. So sparkly!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pic (sorry it's gotten so dirty!) Sigh, still can't get the color down quite right...grrr.

sparklysparklystudy.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:32:40 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I''ve learned today I shouldn''t keep this in my study..next to my computer..as I watch lecture. I get horribly distracted trying to photograph it, lol. So sparkly!

Gemstones and studying do not mix

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This new picture is beautiful, I love it.

Yes, they do need a new photographer. Your pad and the picture they posted do not even look like the same stone. Good Grief, what are they thinking.
14.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 11:36:48 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Date: 3/20/2009 11:32:40 PM

Gemstones and studying do not mix

Unless you''re richard homer I guess, lol.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I will qualify that. They do not mix unless you are studying gemstones
34.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boo, I inspected the pad more closely today with a 10x loupe and noticed some small chips in the girdle. I''m guessing they happened when the stone was being set or taken out of the setting? I still love the color, and it''s not noticeable without the loupe, but I''m still a little sad that she''s slightly injured (of course it''s a she, was there ever any question?)

Do you typically try to cover these with the new setting? Or would that just cause even more damage?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call them immediately and tell them about it tomorrow morning. They definitely need to know about it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 8:31:56 PM
Author: Linda W
I would call them immediately and tell them about it tomorrow morning. They definitely need to know about it.
I sent them an email, but I can call tomorrow. But I don''t really know what to say/expect? I don''t really want to return it since I do love the color and already ordered the setting for it.. And I doubt Livia knew about it, so I don''t think I ought to blame her. I guess I don''t really know what the purpose of the call would be other than to notify them that their jeweler is being careless? I can''t even really prove that''s the cause of the chipping, it''s just my guess. I''ve certainly never dropped it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should still talk to them on the phone too. I think they should have inspected the stone thoroughly, before it was shipped out to you. You can explain to them, you were looking through your loupe and spotted the chips.

I know if it were me, I would not be very pleased if my stone had chips.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm certainly not pleased, and I'll call bright and early tomorrow. I'm not expecting much other than an offer of return and refund, but still, it'd be good to discuss it :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick follow up:

I called today, but they basically said that they didn''t know of any chips to the stone, sorry. Which is what I expected. I don''t want to return the stone since I already am so fond of it and have ordered the setting to its specifications, but I do have to say that it makes me unlikely to be a return customer to NSC since I''m definitely not happy that my stone was chipped. If I do return to NSC, I will definitely be buying the stones in person and with a loupe on hand, which makes me sad. I''d prefer to trust my vendors to take better care of what their selling, and not be unpleasantly surprised by flaws.

I also noted that in their paperwork certificates that come with the purchase, they don''t give a clarity grading. It just says "Transparent", which I find odd since they give a clarity rating on the website.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Grief, I wish Steven still worked there.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 1:42:51 PM
Quick follow up:

I called today, but they basically said that they didn''t know of any chips to the stone, sorry. Which is what I expected. I don''t want to return the stone since I already am so fond of it and have ordered the setting to its specifications, but I do have to say that it makes me unlikely to be a return customer to NSC since I''m definitely not happy that my stone was chipped. If I do return to NSC, I will definitely be buying the stones in person and with a loupe on hand, which makes me sad. I''d prefer to trust my vendors to take better care of what their selling, and not be unpleasantly surprised by flaws.

I also noted that in their paperwork certificates that come with the purchase, they don''t give a clarity grading. It just says ''Transparent'', which I find odd since they give a clarity rating on the website.
MTG, first of all, I thought I commented, but I guess I didn''t..the stone is pretty and you did a nice job photographing all the different personalities of the stone!

Secondly, wow...that''s what NSC said eh? That''s kind of lame. I find it hard to believe you would have chipped it already, so it probably happened when they took it out of the mounting. Good lesson to learn though...always loupe and check the stone right when you receive it, so it would be less a case of "he said, she said."

Also, (and this is just my own, unexpert opinion), I wouldn''t just accept a NSC cert for a pad. If I bought from NSC, I would send to an independent reputable lab and make sure they would give me a refund if it came back as anything other than what they claim.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 1:57:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal

MTG, first of all, I thought I commented, but I guess I didn't..the stone is pretty and you did a nice job photographing all the different personalities of the stone!

Secondly, wow...that's what NSC said eh? That's kind of lame. I find it hard to believe you would have chipped it already, so it probably happened when they took it out of the mounting. Good lesson to learn though...always loupe and check the stone right when you receive it, so it would be less a case of 'he said, she said.'

Also, (and this is just my own, unexpert opinion), I wouldn't just accept a NSC cert for a pad. If I bought from NSC, I would send to an independent reputable lab and make sure they would give me a refund if it came back as anything other than what they claim.

Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that their answer was lame. Can't say I'm particularly impressed by their care for customer satisfaction. But in the end, I do want to keep the stone, so there's no point in getting huffy at them since even if they offered to let me return it, I wouldn't want to, lol. I would get it certed, but it was only 400$ and I think it's at least 200$ to get the special padparascha certification from AGTA. I don't really doubt that it's a real sapphire or that it's unheated(I believe others here have had their NSC stones sent in for testing, and while some came back negative on the pad count, there weren't any that came back as synthetic or treated). If I ever buy anything over 1k from them (or anyone), I would definitely send it in for a 3rd party certification. And I might eventually get this one certified when the budget is less tight, and believe me if it comes back synthetic or heat treated, the Natural Sapphire Company will get an earful!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:10:16 PM

Date: 3/23/2009 1:57:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal

MTG, first of all, I thought I commented, but I guess I didn''t..the stone is pretty and you did a nice job photographing all the different personalities of the stone!

Secondly, wow...that''s what NSC said eh? That''s kind of lame. I find it hard to believe you would have chipped it already, so it probably happened when they took it out of the mounting. Good lesson to learn though...always loupe and check the stone right when you receive it, so it would be less a case of ''he said, she said.''

Also, (and this is just my own, unexpert opinion), I wouldn''t just accept a NSC cert for a pad. If I bought from NSC, I would send to an independent reputable lab and make sure they would give me a refund if it came back as anything other than what they claim.

Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that their answer was lame. Can''t say I''m particularly impressed by their care for customer satisfaction. But in the end, I do want to keep the stone, so there''s no point in getting huffy at them since even if they offered to let me return it, I wouldn''t want to, lol. I would get it certed, but it was only 400$ and I think it''s at least 200$ to get the special padparascha certification from AGTA. I don''t really doubt that it''s a real sapphire or that it''s unheated(I believe others here have had their NSC stones sent in for testing, and while some came back negative on the pad count, there weren''t any that came back as synthetic or treated). If I ever buy anything over 1k from them (or anyone), I would definitely send it in for a 3rd party certification. And I might eventually get this one certified when the budget is less tight, and believe me if it comes back synthetic or heat treated, the Natural Sapphire Company will get an earful!
MTG, yes, I agree...I was just speaking generally. In your case, it wouldn''t make much financial sense to get it certed by AGTA.

If I were in your shoes, they would have lost me as a customer. And if I were you, I would have returned the stone, based on principle. Maybe you should take it to them directly for them to look at - you paid $400 for what was supposed to be a stone without chips.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results