shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! Kitchen renovation is ***DONE!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, I haven't been around much these last few months because (as some of you know), we have been knee deep (haha, LITERALLY!
2.gif
) in a huge kitchen remodel project.

Well, it's finally DONE/DONE/DONE and I am so excited, I just HAAAAAAAAAAD to share!

[Link removed by forum Moderator] See forum policies

Thanks for lookin'!!!

Lynn

PS Kitty people should enjoy, too... you'll see why!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing kitchen Lynn! Congratulations!!!!
Did you say you and your DH did everything by yourself, including installation of countertop and cabinets?
That is too cool!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous! Great work. I can tell the cat appreciates it too!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love your kitty BTW! :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, it looks awesome! And the photos of Boo "helping" are just too precious...Carpenter Kitty saves the day!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love looking at remodels-especially kitchens! Love the wall color too! Is it kind of a sagey color?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats to you and especially the kitty helper!

mz

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW, what a transformation!

I love all the details, especially the spice rack and the Bon Appetit. And I ENVY all your storage.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 8:46:10 PM
Author: zhuzhu
That is an amazing kitchen Lynn! Congratulations!!!!

Did you say you and your DH did everything by yourself, including installation of countertop and cabinets?

That is too cool!!

It was a complete DIY *except for* the cabinet installation, the granite was professionally fabricated and installed, and the floor was also done professionally (although DH laid the subfloor). Everything else was done by us! All the demolition, the construction, the moving of the ductwork, all the electric work, the plumbing, the drywall, appliance installation, trim work, painting, etc. It has pretty much been ALL we have been doing these last few months! It feels SO GOOD to have our lives back!

Thanks all, for looking!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, It looks so great. We are working on our kitchen too and have the same color cabinets as well as the same granite. Your kitchen helped me decide on the color knobs, it looks wonderful. Congrats!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic! I love all your finishes. I am so impressed you did this yourselves!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a GORGEOUS kitchen! I love the colors together and the cabinets are great! I love the granite, too. And the little mouse is the perfect touch!

But what I probably enjoyed most...the pictures of Boo! {:p] They are killer! That is EXACTLY how my cats would be. They love to get in cabinets, sinks, behind the books on my bookshelves...anywhere they can fit, really! I really loved the one with him laying on (and halfway hanging off) the step stool. What a curious guy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Lynn - what a renovation! I got tired just thinking of it all - we are DIY folks too!

I love your choices - just gorgeous! The granite looks so rich and beautiful with your new cabinets and floor. I love the open feel to it all.

Congrats - and welcome back! Job well done!!
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lynn, It''s awesome, such a great looking kitchen. I love the cabinets, love the drawer pulls, we did the same in Nantucket. Love the granite, the appliances. It''s perfection. Yay for you!!! Living through this must have been a pain, but so worth it in the end. Enjoy lady!!!
xx Lisa

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I knew I recognized your cat on that website! Gorgeous remodel!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, gorgeous kitchen! I am so impressed that you did most of the work yourselves. I bet that makes the end product even more sweet
36.gif

And I am so in love with the boo photos- he is such a doll! Obviously making sure you two aren''t getting into too much trouble!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks, everyone, for your sweet posts! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

I know it''s not the biggest, fanciest, or most expensive remodel ever done... but it was such a labor of love... it means the world to us!

Thanks again! xoxox!

Lynn

anyname

Shiny_Rock
you''re kitchen is amazing! I would spend all day just sitting at the breakfast bar and staring at the granite counter top, the crown molding, or the adorable little mouse!! How long did the project take, if you don''t mind me asking?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great!

ETA: Your kitty is too cute!!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Lynn!
35.gif
Your kitchen is beautiful! I love it! The Boo pics, though, were FANTASTIC! I have to tell you, I am so jealous Boo can climb the ladder! Congratulations on a job well done! You and your hubby did a great job!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:39:14 PM
Author: popcorn
you''re kitchen is amazing! I would spend all day just sitting at the breakfast bar and staring at the granite counter top, the crown molding, or the adorable little mouse!! How long did the project take, if you don''t mind me asking?

Thank you for your post! I am sitting at the bar right now, sipping tea and sighing contentedly!
2.gif

How long did it take? Well, we had been planning and gathering ideas and getting bids since June; we signed with Kitchen Village in early November and we officially started the project then. The very first thing DH did was remove the window on the back wall (above where the dishwasher is now); he replaced it with a shorter window that would clear the new counter top that would go there. On the outside of the house he had to replace the siding (which looks good as new!)

Demolition was next... it was grueling and horribly messy. Then the reconstruction, and all the work that entailed. The cabinets were scheduled to be delivered in mid-January, so he had everything ready for the installers to come in and do their thing. It took almost a week for the cabinets to be installed. The granite came about 2 weeks later, then we had the floor laid; then DH installed the appliances. Kitchen was fully functional in early Feb., although there was still a lot of details, trim, painting, decorating, etc., to do.

So I guess the short answer to your question would be "3 months"! It really is rather amazing since we both work full-time! Needless to say, we were eating, sleeping, and breathing ***KITCHEN*** from Nov - Feb, but it was so worth it! (Well, OK,we DID take a cruise vacation between the cabinets and the granite... but we really, really needed it!!!)
2.gif

Lynn

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your house is totally transformed!! I cannot believe the detail, it is REALLY beautiful!
congratulations!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH, wow, Lynn - your new kitchen ROCKS!!!! I absolutely LOVE the granite you chose, and the pics where your kittah shows up kept me chuckling!!!!! So pretty! Congrats!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
It''s beautiful. Love the "Bon Apetit," might have to steal that idea if I ever own a house!
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful kitchen! Great job and congratulations!! Woohoo!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Do you mind if we take some of your ideas in the future?
I love that you have your microwave on the bottom! That''s genius, especially for a 4''7" person like me. And our cats will be snooping like yours too.

Questions, do you have a vent for the cooking stove? It''s a neat idea that you can face the people while you cook, but our Chinese cooking will be impossible without stove vents.
On the other hand, one of your cabinets has a vent on the bottom. What is it?

Your double sided cabinet doors are genius too. Great job! Where are you located? Do you want to redo our kitchen?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Lynn that looks just fabulous!! I love the paint color, it looks like it might be a taupe but in some photos it looks like a sage green, both are colors I adore, esp when contrasted against white/cream!

Love all your little touches and personalizations... kitchens are SO important to have customized to how you work. I like the granite as well...we absolutely love our new kitchen granite in the new house, it's so much more durable and somehow even LOOKS cleaner than our old granite, I am not sure if it's a special one or what (it came with the house which was already remodeled)....but we lucked out. Whereas the 1/2 bath granite stains with water all the time ...! We will seal it but what a pain. The kitchen one has NO issues.

Good one on removing that tall wall and putting the bar area, that room was screaming for it, esp given dining room was right there. Sometimes I scratch my head when I think about older house architecture, like...WHY did someone do that?? hahaa.

Oh and had to comment on the microwave...in our new house they put one in where a vent used to be and it was SO HIGH when we bought the house. I am 5'7" and I could not see into the microwave I kid you not. Anyone shorter than me would need a STOOL. So when we moved in I had the contractor move it down, well we made a mark where it should go and they still put it higher than we marked (Don't ask me how?)...but thankfully it's fine since I am tall and at least now I can see into it. But seriously when we bought the house I was like WHO DOES THAT?? Did a 6'3" guy think this was a bright idea??

Anyway, love it, and you guys did a great job! But MAN...looking at all your construction photos, we had some extra stuff done when we moved in and while it was fairly minimal in the scope of how large remodeling can be (we reconverted a fam room to a garage & a built-in display wall of shelving, as well as a walk-thru pantry)...I was SO over people being in our house and stuff being taped up and dust everywhere after 3 weeks. I don't think I could do a huge remodel, I would have to leave the house! So a full on kitchen, kudos big time and it looks WONDERFUL!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! By the way, my mother got her dream kitchen after 30+ years in an ugly 70''s style kitchen and she re-did it very similarly to your new kitchen. She got white painted maple cabinets and stainless appliances with a fridge in a similar location like yours, the only difference is she went with darker almost black granite counters. It looks incredible and I love the functionality, so you must be LOVING your new kitchen!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lynn Now that you have finshed yours can you come do mine - yours is amazing I love all the storage space you have - congrats on finishing the remodel
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, your new kitchen looks AWESOME!!! Love it!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results