shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! Kitchen renovation is ***DONE!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it''s gorgeous!! As someone who has gone through the home renovation issue, I can just hear your final exhale of "Phew! It''s done!!!"
28.gif
36.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your kitchen looks fantastic! Love all the little details, it looks like you thought of everything! Gorgeous- you guys should be so proud!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a transformation! It looks great!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous job! I really like how you arranged the cupboards for maximum storage all over the kitchen. Love your little kitty contractor, too.
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, you have a BEAUTIFUL kitchen! I love the colors you chose -- so classic and gorgeous!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
looks fabulous and very well thought out. i love the colors [esp. the granite!].
well done
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love seeing before and after pictures. Your new kitchen looks amazing. We had a new kitchen fitted last year and all they did was literally take out the old units and put new ones in. No major work was done and it took a few days. I was so glad to be rid of the workers and the mess! I don''t know how you coped for so long. I bet it was all worth it though! Well done both of you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the details; it is FABULOUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Lynn, I love your new kitchen and the detail you put into it (especially love the stencilled mouse near the cat food). Kitties love to be into everything and think they are being helpful (I had kttiy paw prints as mine stepped in the paint). You must be so happy it is done. I will be happy when my renos start but I am also aware that I will be made crazy by the process (we are going to do our main floor bathroom).

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic remodel and a gorgeous new kitchen!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a terrific job, Lynn!
36.gif
Your house looks so warm and comfortable!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, Love your new kitchen. It turned out so beautiful.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW -- what an amazing transformation! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new kitchen!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, thanks everyone! You are all soooo thoughtful!

I, too, wonder why so many kitchens in older homes are so SEGREGATED from the rest of the home. I know that people lived different lifestyles years ago... cooking was a chore, maybe? Just get in and out as quickly as possible; where now we gather in the kitchen, cook together, visit, etc. In our old kitchen, I always felt so secluded from everyone else when we had company, I hated that!

For those who mentioned it, the paint color is definitely a green... but in some lights it has almost a gray tint to it, in other lights a taupe tint. It''s a warm color, though, and I tried several colors before I found it. It was just what I was looking for, and I really do love it.

Thank you all again for looking. It means a lot to me!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! Our own remodel is on hold, but I''d love to hear what you think of the corner sink in the long run.

btw-LOVE the wall color, it looks almost identical to mine!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! It''s truly amazing! I hope I have that much blood, sweat and tears in me when the time comes for my remodel. You did a wonderful job. Kudos to you and all involved.

I love the colors you chose for the paint and granite. And the Bon Appetite is such a lovely little touch.

Hehe...and I like the picture that looks like the kitty is being squashed by the spice rack - only because I know he''s not actually be squashed, of course.
2.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Love your remodel! What a lot of work, and kudos for doing it yourself! I love the black wire footed fruit bowl...where did you find it?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, what an amazing transformation. You are a brave women redoing the kitchen yourselves but it looks like all the hard work paid off fabulously. I would love a kitchen like yours!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Boo,
Congratulations on your new kitchen. I can tell from the pics that you worked your whiskers off trying to get everything just right so your human caretakers would have an absolutely fabulous place to prepare your meals.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome! I am so happy for you!

anyname

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:11:12 PM
Author: Lynn B
Date: 4/4/2009 10:39:14 PM

Author: popcorn

you''re kitchen is amazing! I would spend all day just sitting at the breakfast bar and staring at the granite counter top, the crown molding, or the adorable little mouse!! How long did the project take, if you don''t mind me asking?

Thank you for your post! I am sitting at the bar right now, sipping tea and sighing contentedly!
2.gif

How long did it take? Well, we had been planning and gathering ideas and getting bids since June; we signed with Kitchen Village in early November and we officially started the project then. The very first thing DH did was remove the window on the back wall (above where the dishwasher is now); he replaced it with a shorter window that would clear the new counter top that would go there. On the outside of the house he had to replace the siding (which looks good as new!)

Demolition was next... it was grueling and horribly messy. Then the reconstruction, and all the work that entailed. The cabinets were scheduled to be delivered in mid-January, so he had everything ready for the installers to come in and do their thing. It took almost a week for the cabinets to be installed. The granite came about 2 weeks later, then we had the floor laid; then DH installed the appliances. Kitchen was fully functional in early Feb., although there was still a lot of details, trim, painting, decorating, etc., to do.

So I guess the short answer to your question would be ''3 months''! It really is rather amazing since we both work full-time! Needless to say, we were eating, sleeping, and breathing ***KITCHEN*** from Nov - Feb, but it was so worth it! (Well, OK,we DID take a cruise vacation between the cabinets and the granite... but we really, really needed it!!!)
2.gif

Lynn

I''m still blown away, i get tired just by the thought of painting, much less taking apart a kitchen and rebuilding a new one. It must feel extra special knowing that you two did it together. I hope you enjoyed your much deserved cruise too.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
You guys are just all too, too sweet!!! Thank you!

Matata, your post to Boo made me LOL!!! There''s probably a lot of truth to what you said, actually!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
The adorable, pampered little stinkpot!!!

Amandine,
The black wrought iron fruit bowl came from Sturbridge Yankee Workshop. I love it, too! It just seems perfect for that space!
Boothbay Baskets

Mrs. S,
Thanks for your sweet words! Well, DH and I are no strangers to DIY''ing. We completely redid our old house, room by room, including the kitchen and bathrooms. But this project was definitely the Big Kahuna of all Projects!!! And *whew*, believe me when I say that we were DANG TIRED when we were done!!! (Maybe the fact that we''re a little older could have something to do with THAT! Naaaah... !!!)

I''m just so tickled that so many of you guys have looked at our remodel pictures -- THANK YOU!!!

Lynn

Boothbay_Basket.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...the link is gone, I was so excited to see pics of Lynn''s new kitchen and Boo the Carpenter Kitty
39.gif
39.gif
Lynn - I''m sure its beautiful, and I can only imagine how "helpful" Mr. Boo must have been
3.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Awww man! I missed the pics, too!!! I would''ve loved to see your kitchen remodel!! Beautiful kitchens make me drool...
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous Lynn!
When''s the party?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
AG and RockOfLove, awww, shucks!!!
But don''t worry, as soon as I have a little time, I will upload some pics to PS''s server!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I meant to ask you what is the name of the blue you used (it was in a room off the kitchen)??? The reason I ask is because our house is painted similar to the green/sage you painted in the kitchen and I thought the blue looked like a fabulous complimentary color. Thanks, love love the kitchen and cute Boo pics. hehe
35.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 6:50:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
Lynn, I meant to ask you what is the name of the blue you used (it was in a room off the kitchen)??? The reason I ask is because our house is painted similar to the green/sage you painted in the kitchen and I thought the blue looked like a fabulous complimentary color. Thanks, love love the kitchen and cute Boo pics. hehe
35.gif

Skippy, that paint color is Sherwin Williams PERIWINKLE. I know, it''s not a good name for that color, there''s no purple in it at all!!! It''s just a beautiful, soft, neutral blue with pizzaz!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:03:48 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 4/6/2009 6:50:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
35.gif

Skippy, that paint color is Sherwin Williams PERIWINKLE. I know, it''s not a good name for that color, there''s no purple in it at all!!! It''s just a beautiful, soft, neutral blue with pizzaz!
I love it; thank you so much Miss Lynn
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Anxiously awaiting individual pics to be uploaded... esp. after everyone''s raves!!
3.gif

Kitchen remodels are my favorite type... They can totally transform a home!

And I''m thinking there are some kitty pictures in there, too... which always makes a photo montage *that* much better
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results