shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY - I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful story! My DF and I are also anti-mushroom. Good to know he takes care of you!
Congrats!
Sparkling

njc

Brilliant_Rock
From a 6.75 to a 6.5...

Congratulations! What a wonderul and sweet proposal... love that he got them to make a bell pepper/mushroom free menu for you! That ring is just a knock out too! Looks great on your hand!!!

36.gif
30.gif
More pics, more pics!
emphoto.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
AmberG -
ohhh, congratulations !!! I''m so excited for you. that is the sweetest proposal, re-doing the menus, toooooooooo cute !! Your ring is unbelieveable ! It''s totally gorgeous. Congrats again - KEEP SMILING ! :)

C

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal!!! He''s so sweet to think of customizing the menus. The restaurant sounds so romantic too....

!!!!!!!! :)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet!! Congratulations!!
I''m vegetarian too, and strangely, I love grilled portobella steaks, but can only get myself to eat other mushrooms if they''re cut up into small pieces. What an awesome FIANCE you have, getting a custom menu made just for you!!! And that ring!!!!! Oooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!! Simply amazing!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I love the Lark Creek Inn, what a great place to get engaged. And from a 7.5/8 to 6.5, I dream of having a 6.5 ring size! Your ring is beautiful, and looks perfect on your hand.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the nice words everyone. I just showed it to my lab boss and he called it a "honker," which was kind of embarrassing
7.gif
I guess I am a little self-conscious about being a graduate student with this much bling, and there is something kind of ridiculous/comical (depending on our viewpoint) about me wearing this around with my usual slouchy, ill-fitting jeans and beat-up sweatshirt outfit (although maybe that means I just need to start dressing like an adult). Have any of you ladies every felt self-conscious about your ring or, (PS heresy I know), like its too big or ostentatious? I guess that comment just threw me a bit, ''cause he''s a really nice guy and I like him a lot. Maybe he''s just not into jewelry? The secretaries thought it was gorgeous though
1.gif

Seriously though - thoughts?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
That is ''guy-speak'' for ''...yikes! what do I know about diamonds...girls like them and they think bigger is better, so I will comment on the size and that will make her happy! Whew, thank goodness I came up with that one! I will now wander off and think about big screen tv''s and cars......''. Don''t be worried about diamonds and jeans...that happens to be one of my most favorite looks on other people!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
AG--

Yes I know what you mean. I don't have my ring yet but that's one of my concerns. A somewhat similar situation happened to me this summer when I was interning at a company in Silicon Valley. I went to lunch with my group and offered to drive. Then they made several comments about an intern/grad student driving such an expensive car. I felt kind of embarassed like I should be more modest with money being younger... especially in a science-environment in which material things are not oohed and aahed over.

Like you said your boss is a nice guy and he didn't mean anything by it...he just doesn't wear any "bling" himself. I'm sure everyone is happy for you!
1.gif
Don't worry as long as you love your ring then that's what counts...right?
1.gif

snow_happy

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
GRR, baby!! What a stunning ring! And what a sweet and thoughtful proposal... the menus were a great touch!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results