shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY - I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, trying to calm down. LOL...

So everyone was right that it was supposed to be Friday, but those of you who saw my post before know that at the last minute Friday afternoon my mom had to go to the ER. Fortunately she is just fine, but that was our evening yesterday. So today, the first clue that something is up is when bf volunteers to do the laundry all by himself. Turns out that was to get out of the apartment in order to call the restaurant and reschedule things for tonight. So at about 4:30, he goes and gets dressed up, and tells me to get dressed up too because we are going out to dinner. So I get dressed up, trying not to get my hopes up, and he dirves me over the Golden Gate Bridge (we live in SF) to Marin to this really amazing restaurant that those of you who are local might be familiar with - the Lark Creek Inn, which has amazing food and wine and is tucked away in this really beautiful yellow victorian house in Larkspur.

So we are seated at our fairly private table, and the waiter sets down two menus for us, but they aren''t in the usual plastic sleeves. Now, I am a vegetarian and I am allergic to bell peppers and I don''t like mushrooms, so I often end up having to order things that aren''t on the menu or things without stuff, which is kind of embarrassing. But this time I notice there are 3 each appetizer and entree selections, all vegetarian, not a bell pepper or mushroom in sight. So now I know something is up (he did call and got the amazing custom menu just for us). The waiter comes and takes our order, and (now) FI (
9.gif
just had to throw it in), tells me he loves me and I''m the light of his life, and says "I''m going to do something now that I probably shouldn''t do," and gets down on one knee right there in the restaurant and asks!!

The waiters and manager and stuff were all in on it, and they were all very excited - they even sent us free champagne as a congratulations
21.gif
After dinner (which was amazing, btw), we drove to my mom''s house to give her the good news.

On a less exciting note, my pictures aren''t loading so far, so I will try a few more times, but if not I may need to e-mail them to someone to post.

This will be me for the foreseeable future:
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Amber!!!

I am SO excited for you! I clicked on the PS forum link and saw your post and started smiling immediately! Your BF (I mean FIANCEE!!!) is so sweet for setting all that up for you. All the anticipation and suffering was worth it right?
2.gif
I hope you can get pictures up soon!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
36.gif
9.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Here are AmberGretchen''s pictures!
DROOL-WORTHY!!!
23.gif
30.gif

AmbGretchering_1.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry these are in separate posts but I figure this way it''s easier for AmberGretchen to copy and paste them as individual pictures rather than a collage.

AG Ring Good focus3.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I had to crop this one a bit to make it fit
1.gif

AmbGretchering2.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the blue ring holder. Is that dorky?
41.gif

AmbGretchering5.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
A bigger version of the in focus picture
36.gif

AG Ring Good focus3_2.jpg

rms

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations....your ring is gorgeous!! More pics please!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE it!!!!!!! Those signed pieces eternity rings are so amazing! I love how there''s basically no metal showing at all, just diamonds. Congratulations!!!!!!!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Collage for easier saving.
1.gif

AG_collage.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Eeeek!!!!! How romantic, wonderful, thoughtful, exciting....YAY!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Amazing ring and amazing proposal!!! Kudos to your brand new FI for getting everything rearranged at the last minute too
9.gif

Congratulations!!!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
AG, i responded in the SMTR thread, but again, Congratulations!! your ring is gorgeous and can''t wait to see more pics, especially hand pics
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
holy crap that ring is TO DIE FOR.. Seriously.. if I saw you on the street, I might have to steal it off your hand!! :) j/k. BNut wow. Its pure sparkle!! I LOVE IT!
Congrats on the engagement! He really went out of his way to make it so special for you! AWWW! Sweet!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aw, i had a feeling it would be this weekend! your ring is beautiful.. congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yay - thanks guys. I''m so happy. Its funny - its not quite as giddy a feeling as I expected - more just this really peaceful sort of happiness. Unfortunately, the kittens didn''t share the peacefulness this morning, and one of them came and dropped her favorite toy on my face to wake me up
3.gif
Doesn''t matter because I am too excited to sleep anyway...

I think someone asked my ring size and its a 6.5 (huge by the standards here on PS
7.gif
but not so big back in the "real world"
2.gif
).

Thanks again for everyone''s sweet comments - I"m sure this is how everyone feels, but I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now
9.gif

p.s. I sent snow happy some more pics this morning so those should be coming up soon, and thanks to her in public for helping me post pics, because I know no one wanted to wait for them
11.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s just perfect!! I mean perfect!! The proposal and the ring, perfect!! Congratulations and can''t wait for more pics!!
36.gif
30.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy for you ambergretchen!!!! I guess you''re not the bug today, huh? More like the queen bee
emwink.gif
(i apologize for my corniness...the only excuse I can think of is that i''m sick and my brain is not functioning properly) Your fiance (!) sounds like a keeper--custom designed menu....beyond cute! We LIW''s seem to really pick the good ones! And that ring is gorgeous!!! Need more pics!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and how about some specs?

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
HELLO!!! Good morning :) Sorry I kind of slept in because I was up really late looking at diamonds
38.gif
. It''s madness. Anywho, I will get on posting those pictures right away! :)

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
More eye-candy!
30.gif

AGeringonchair.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Side View

AGeringgoodside.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot
1.gif

AGeringmorninghand.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for this batch
2.gif

AGeringhandclose.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a thoughtful and sweet thing for him to do with the menus!!! Definitely a "keeper!" And so is that ring! It is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy your first full day as a fiance!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful romantic proposal! And your ring is too beautiful. Congrats!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
LUCKY GIRL!
emlove.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Yay!! Congratulations!!! Love your ring
30.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love your ring and the proposal is so sweet--I love the custom menu!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so sparkly and pretty! I love it! And your fiance is SO thoughtful! What a perfect evening! Congratulations!
9.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, that is awesome news!
9.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy for you and your fiance. Congratulations to you both. What a perfect and thoughtful proposal. Beautiful ring!
1.gif

By the way I hope your mom is feeling much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results