shape
carat
color
clarity

x-prong on a thin band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mischief

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m a new user as of today, but have been checking out the site for months now... I''m on the hunt for an x-prong (a.k.a. trellis set) setting for a round 1-carat solitaire, but want one with a thinner band than Dvatche as I have small hands. Does anyone know whether it can be done on a much thinner band? Has anyone seen something like this? Thanks in advance for your help!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Although I have the w-prong from White Flash (which I LOVE because it's even more simple than the x-prong and only 2.5mm wide), I'm sure that they or another vendor could make the setting for you. Try giving some a call!

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
I am working with Whiteflash right now on creating a setting for me. I plan to have a 3mm pave setting with an X-prong. Is 3mm small enough for you? I'm sure they could make a solitaire band just like that. You might want to contact Henry at Whiteflash and talk to him about it, he's really nice and helpful.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want a tapered or non-tapered band? DVatche is coming out with a double prong x-prong that has a tapered band similar to the band on their Royal Crown setting.

Here's the description that I was given:

"Here are the details I have on the double prong X-prong. This ring has a tapered shank, more like the Royal Crown shank than the x-prong shank. The ring is aprox 2.3mm on top at the head and tapers to 3.3mm in the center and back on the shank. The head is like the x-prong that criss-crosses toward the top and branches off on each of the four prongs to a double prong."

The following forum has a picture of it halfway down the page:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/need-opinion-on-this-jubilee-t17074-30.html

Mischief

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info, it's been really helpful. I looked into the W-prong and it is gorgeous, but not quite what I am looking for... I really like the swoop of the x-prong!

There is a nice lady at Whiteflash who sent me some width information. I'd really like to do a 2.3-2.5mm band all the way around. I love the tapered look too, and would do that on a slightly thicker band as an alternative.

She also sent me info on the Fine Line solitaire by "Le". Never heard of it, but checked it out and it is really pretty too... the widths are what I'm looking for:
Top: 1.9mm, Middle: 2.6mm, Bottom: 2.85mm. Now if only I can get them to do it with the crossover X... in my budget! I will continue my hunt!
read.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Instruct the vendor your working with of the details you mentioned. They will forward to Vatche. Someone (I can't remember) had Vatche create an X-Prong that didn't taper and was 2.5mm all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results