shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB a pretty colored stone E ring

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1378072867|3513350 said:
Do you think these stones are too opaque to be an attractive e ring? Ideally she doesn't want oval but I mean this is so much else what she wants it might be worth it.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/35401/REDUCED-Untreated-Ruby-and-Diamond-3-stone-halo.html

Wow that's pretty and the finger coverage would be nice! I'm not sure it's really an e-ring style, but the silkiness wouldn't bother me. Unfortunately, I think that's a personal choice thing though. It's so sweet of you to help him find the perfect ring! ::)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1378069391|3513335 said:
arkieb1|1378015575|3513178 said:
FrekeChild|1378012732|3513169 said:
There is no way in Hades that green spinel was made by the planet. By the humans on it, yes. By the planet, no. :shock:

Yeah it doesn't look real does it? They CAN actually come in that colour, (my husband's parents own a shop and work with a lot of semi precious stones) but you would assume if it was real it would be a heck of a lot more money than that.... I have to admit it does have the same slightly glassy, too regular in colour to be normal "look" that synthetic stones of that era have. Have you seen an Antique created green spinel before?
No, it doesn't. It's too green. It's too big. It's too clean. And green in spinels is a very rare color - I've had one darker teal one, and it was the most green I'd been able to find in a spinel, and I'd been looking for quite some time. I've seen big clean green spinels before. In a jewelry store case, with a sign that says, "synthetic spinel" next to it.

I wasn't sure because I had seen a big one a different shape that colour years ago in my husband's family's shop, but it had a different (more irregular) look to the surface of it if that makes sense. You can also get tourmalines that look something like it but again they have just a slight different tone/colour to them..... Anyway I emailed the person just for my own curiosity and she said it is lab grown....as expected.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1378075283|3513362 said:
There is no way in Hades that green spinel was made by the planet. By the humans on it, yes. By the planet, no. :shock:

Yeah it doesn't look real does it? They CAN actually come in that colour, (my husband's parents own a shop and work with a lot of semi precious stones) but you would assume if it was real it would be a heck of a lot more money than that.... I have to admit it does have the same slightly glassy, too regular in colour to be normal "look" that synthetic stones of that era have. Have you seen an Antique created green spinel before?
No, it doesn't. It's too green. It's too big. It's too clean. And green in spinels is a very rare color - I've had one darker teal one, and it was the most green I'd been able to find in a spinel, and I'd been looking for quite some time. I've seen big clean green spinels before. In a jewelry store case, with a sign that says, "synthetic spinel" next to it.

I wasn't sure because I had seen a big one a different shape that colour years ago in my husband's family's shop, but it had a different (more irregular) look to the surface of it if that makes sense. You can also get tourmalines that look something like it but again they have just a slight different tone/colour to them..... Anyway I emailed the person just for my own curiosity and she said it is lab grown....as expected.
Lol! I love that you asked!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1378097812|3513447 said:
arkieb1|1378075283|3513362 said:

Lol! I love that you asked!

I only asked because I once missed out on the most amazing freakin neon tourmaline that I just assumed was lab created and it turned out it wasn't and it was worth about 10 times what the seller was asking - I know because the guy selling it told me he had to get it appraised for the buyer (I had made him an offer but just missed out on Ebay) and it came back a small fortune. I am still crying over the one that got away, so I guess now I always check!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results