shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB a pretty colored stone E ring

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont want to go into why i hate colored stone shopping, but i really really do. :(

My budget for this ring is about 700.

does anyone have a spinel or Chrysoberyl or corundum ring they would be willing to sell for this price?

She doesnt like pink. She likes orangey red (of COURSE) and green. Blue she seemed to like but i know i cant get a well saturated stone for that price. I am not too

Just looking for a stone with a pretty saturation. I know my budget is low for this type of thing, so id be willing to get a nice red stone at about 5mm or so, but of course ideally it would be larger (a girl can dream right) or i would like a larger chrysoberyl.

She would refer something with corners, like a radiant or a step cut, but would also take a pear or trillion.

vague i know, i just really need some already put together ring options, as finding a colored stone and setting together for this price is hard, and ebay isnt exactly the most trustworthy source for preloved colored stone rings.

Thanks anybody with any suggestions.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have a bunch of colored stone rings I was going to list to find my 5 stone reset. Lol. Including a cushion red spinel ring just shy of 1 ct in 14 wg solitaire. Listed it before but never could pull the trigger to sell because the red is so gorgeous. But I might finally be ready. Sigh. Would be under your budget too :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see it!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Niel, I have been off PS lately bc of travel so I'm not up to speed on your threads. But I've been watching this stone and thought I'd post in cse you're interested. Don't know the seller.

2CTS AMAZING PRECISION EMERALD CUT NEON YELLOW GREEN CEYLON CHRYSOBERYL

http://bit.ly/1crqU96

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a pic, although now that I see it again, once again waffling on selling it, lol. I know, I"m terrible....

_9500.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(

I understand if you do waffle. But its beautiful. And I know that's exactly the type of red shoes talking about. So if you are willing to sell I'd be very interested.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1377959125|3512865 said:
Niel, I have been off PS lately bc of travel so I'm not up to speed on your threads. But I've been watching this stone and thought I'd post in cse you're interested. Don't know the seller.

2CTS AMAZING PRECISION EMERALD CUT NEON YELLOW GREEN CEYLON CHRYSOBERYL

http://bit.ly/1crqU96

I've been watching that too. I'm just concerned as I don't know the seller either.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1377961246|3512879 said:
arkieb1|1377960992|3512878 said:

I'd seen that. You think its a natural one? Also I think she hates marquise. Though I made her try mine in and she didn't seem to hate that.

Green Spinel is pretty darn rare - I'd be surprised if that marquise stone is natural Spinel - could be synthethic (which would be consistent with that era), or could be some other kind of stone/synthetic entirely.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1377961246|3512879 said:
arkieb1|1377960992|3512878 said:

I'd seen that. You think its a natural one? Also I think she hates marquise. Though I made her try mine in and she didn't seem to hate that.

I don't know for that price you would assume a synthetic but if its a real one it's a bargain...email and ask if they know one way or the other.... the colour does look unreal I have to admit!!!! I assume you want a non synthetic stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideally not yeah. Especially if it were green. If it was, I'd pick red.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wonder if that three stone ruby ring would come down at all... i know she isnt an oval fan, BUT im going to run it by her anyway, thats sooooo much ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
gasping over MTG's red spinel :love:

If she likes mint, I have a mint cushion tourm ring for sale. It's a Barry stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that. Could you wear that every day though I thought it was too soft.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
She'd have to be careful w/it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no way in Hades that green spinel was made by the planet. By the humans on it, yes. By the planet, no. :shock:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1378012732|3513169 said:
There is no way in Hades that green spinel was made by the planet. By the humans on it, yes. By the planet, no. :shock:

Yeah it doesn't look real does it? They CAN actually come in that colour, (my husband's parents own a shop and work with a lot of semi precious stones) but you would assume if it was real it would be a heck of a lot more money than that.... I have to admit it does have the same slightly glassy, too regular in colour to be normal "look" that synthetic stones of that era have. Have you seen an Antique created green spinel before?

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
eBay seller: stardiamondjewelry has lots of options that may work for you. I don't know anything about them but might be worth a look. Just stumbled on to one of their listings while browsing.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1378015575|3513178 said:
FrekeChild|1378012732|3513169 said:

Yeah it doesn't look real does it? They CAN actually come in that colour, (my husband's parents own a shop and work with a lot of semi precious stones) but you would assume if it was real it would be a heck of a lot more money than that.... I have to admit it does have the same slightly glassy, too regular in colour to be normal "look" that synthetic stones of that era have. Have you seen an Antique created green spinel before?
No, it doesn't. It's too green. It's too big. It's too clean. And green in spinels is a very rare color - I've had one darker teal one, and it was the most green I'd been able to find in a spinel, and I'd been looking for quite some time. I've seen big clean green spinels before. In a jewelry store case, with a sign that says, "synthetic spinel" next to it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I found that ring when I first started looking and automatically just assumed it was.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I just listed a few rings for sale on Loupe Troop, including some green ones, but none are chrysoberyl, sapphire, or spinel. She might like the Mali garnet in my listing: http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings/fall-cleaning-rings-for-sale

I know you've been looking at trillions and yellowish green colors, so it sounds like her tastes are pretty unconventional. I have something that could fit the bill because it's very unique. I'm waffling on it because while I don't wear it a lot, I like the uniqueness, but I *might* be willing to sell my Songea sapphire ring from Uli (OsirisGems). It's one of his specialty cuts called the Liquid Flower. I bought the stone on Ebay and had it set in a rose gold bezel with silver shank by Daniel M. It would be pretty far under budget, which is a good thing, but there are no diamonds in the setting. Show them these pics and if they're interested, contact me through my Loupe Troop listing for the other rings.

181664_747991556904_14300210_40741226_4969862_n.jpg
SonSap0.92_1_0.jpg
sapphring1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty!
.I'll have to ask my BIL as I don't know how he feels about silver.

I was just scoping out your rings you were selling. The roval with the pavé would be perfect if it was a stronger stone.

You're right she's very unconventional, yet not enough to go synthetic or simm.

The reason this has been stressing me out is that she deserves a very nice ring, but my BIL is not in a position to buy her one. He gave ME the budget of 700 ish but I just don't want him to spend that so I'm trying to be as frugal as possible. No reason to go into it here but he isn't the best with money and him on his own will result in him spending so much more than he should. Im sure it seems weird I'm getting this into their ring search but I really want him to get the best he can and not break the bank on another purchase he went just a little too big on. So I've volunteered to spearhead the thing to help. Plus he asked me to as he doesn't know much about jewelry at all.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it's tough to work within a strict budget. If she likes the sapphire, I could see about getting it removed and scrapping the setting. Then you'd have to find a custom setting, but maybe LOGR could customize a simple one (like the one I have my Mali in) for under $500. Bear in mind that it has a couple of eye-visible clouds, but they blend into the swirls of the stone pretty nicely. It's a bit of a chameleon, shifting more yellow indoors and more green outdoors. I can't remember the exact size, but it's in the 5mm-ish range. Here's a pic on my size 6.75 finger.

img_20130901_150832.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results