shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you want full finger coverage from a solitaire?

Do you want a diamond solitaire that provides full finger coverage?

• A. Duh! More is always better!

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • B. No. There is such a thing as too big.

Votes: 77 74.8%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that this is ever ever going to happen for me, lol, but looking at the 5 carats around here and having tried on one myself recently, I came to the realization that I may never own a diamond that provides full finger coverage. Some Tiny fingers here with big boulders still don’t get full coverage. I’m beginning to wonder how that would even look. What are your thoughts?
Oh and pictures would help!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOR ME, a diamond that covers the entire width of my finger would be uncomfortable and awkward. Others might feel differently, though, and I totally get that. You should get whatever level of finger coverage makes you happy. :))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondFan's EC covered her finger, I'll see if I can hunt up a photo of it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Coverage ...

... gloves work !

In the 3D life, wide rings give me an impression of covering the fingers - large single stones appear to float over the hand & cover nothing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rubies-R-Me has a great example of finger coverage.

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, for me personally full finger coverage from a single diamond just wouldn't work. My fingers are too short to really be able to appreciate a stone that large on them. I also need to feel comfortable with what I am wearing so it just wouldn't be for me. Hats off to those ladies that rock them well though!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a personal preference. On my fingers I think the larger stones and thicker bands make my fingers look short and fat.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a stone that would cover my finger would end up, when set, really high and I like my rings low profile so a gigantic diamond probably wouldn't work for me. Good thing for my bank account I guess.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me ... 1.5 ct (+/-) is my max & sweet spot. I really wouldn’t be comfortable wearing anything larger, but hats off to those who can/do. :wavey:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d feel like I was a target with a diamond that size. As it is, I take my ring off at the end of the day because it feels a bit “in the way” or my every day evening activities (dishes, cooking)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BigOnering5.jpg

Voila!

If I remember the specs correctly, G VVS Tiffany EC 9 or 11 carats, one or the other.

One of my favorite rings! Almost positive it was 9 cts. I couldn't pull off anything larger than I wear now, but if I had to do it :lol: , I'd choose one very much like this..definitely emerald cut for that kind of carat weight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BigOnering5.jpg

Voila!

If I remember the specs correctly, G VVS Tiffany EC 9 or 11 carats, one or the other.

One of my favorite rings! Almost positive it was 9 cts. I couldn't pull off anything larger than I wear now, but if I had to do it :lol: , I'd choose one very much like this..definitely emerald cut for that kind of carat weight.

Haha c'mon to the dark side...:devil:I think you would enjoy it here.:love:
Bwahaha.:bigsmile:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BigOnering5.jpg

Voila!

This is close, but I can still see finger and it’s being aided by baguettes. I love this ring and would def go this big if I hit the lottery.
I think my question is about a solitaire. I’ve yet to see a true soli that spans the entire finger!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be good with a step cut solitaire to cover my finger but probably not a round.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the appearance of the "golden mean" ratio...
Coverage of about 2/3 of the finger width.
I leave wearing a paperweight to you more glamorous PSers!!! :appl:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I have a very small size 3.25 finger so total finger coverage is at least 12mm across - about a 7 carat round or a 10 carat asscher cut ;)2. A 10 carat asscher would be divine but that would depend on... extensive cajoling to my long suffering man :lol:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Somewhere around the width of my fingernail would be the maximum I think I’d feel comfortable with on a daily basis. I prefer low set rings, and so I also think I might struggle with the height off my finger of a really large stone.

I’d love to have a honking great antique emerald cut to bring out for fancy events (and just staring at in the comfort of my own home!) though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somewhere around the width of my fingernail would be the maximum I think I’d feel comfortable with on a daily basis. I prefer low set rings, and so I also think I might struggle with the height off my finger of a really large stone.

I’d love to have a honking great antique emerald cut to bring out for fancy events (and just staring at in the comfort of my own home!) though.

Me too, I'd love a massive Winston EC with bags.:angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results