shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you want full finger coverage from a solitaire?

Do you want a diamond solitaire that provides full finger coverage?

• A. Duh! More is always better!

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • B. No. There is such a thing as too big.

Votes: 77 74.8%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah - we've been married 19 years, you'd think he'd be used to me and my bling by now but this one really shook him up. But... the upside is we are visiting New York at the end of September/early October and I've mentioned to him that this would be the ideal time for him to procure a 3-4 carat stone in advance of our 20th wedding anniversary - this should be a lot less costly than the 7 carat so he is quite relieved, I think. Reverse psychology. :Up_to_something:

Haha here is another one you can use on your dh for reverse psychology. Found by Mara and asscher_girl in 2012. A 13 carat. Not bad with the 4.5 carat eternity.:love:

13caratwith4.5eternity.jpg

13carat.jpg

:lickout:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Haha here is another one you can use on your dh for reverse psychology. Found by Mara and asscher_girl in 2012. A 13 carat. Not bad with the 4.5 carat eternity.:love:

13caratwith4.5eternity.jpg

13carat.jpg

:lickout:

Hah - I shall use this to show him just how modest my requirements really are.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as the quality was excellent, I would totally wear a large stone. My fingers are short and fat, but that would not stop me!;))

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't turn it down, but it wouldn't be my favorite size either. I am always surprised that the really, really big ones posted don't appeal to me as much as some smaller ones. I think the stone loses some of it's charm. I think the largest I would veer actually wear would be some of the 5 carat stones I've seen that look huge but gorgeous. I feel like 3 carat is really big so those would be the huge ones to me. I think my favorite size diamond is 2 carats.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m with june - I think I’d adjust to any hardship quite quickly, given the opportunity :mrgreen2:

Liz Taylor's pear doorknob was always one of my favs!

Count me in! You know by the time I can afford this...I'd probably already have that live in maid, chauffeur, cleaner, etc. So probably not TOO much hardship to deal with.

@nala realistically you might be able to get away with a rose cut stone for that type of finger coverage and so that it doesn't knock anyone out when you go to shake their hands....

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My pear is the only halo and the gaudiest ring that I own. I really prefer understated pieces but If I had larger hands and long fingers maybe the proportions wouldn't seem so ring pop like to me?

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will post a picture of a 9.5 sapphire i have on a 4.25 finger. It's full coverage but set low enough and emerald cut that I don't feel clumsy or like I have a boulder on my hand.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love, love, love a big honker that would dazzle me when wearing it. I live in a conservative area and my 1.73 carat diamond creates enough attention that I only wear it occasionally. Even then people grab my hand and ask me all about it because I think they believe it must be a synthetic. I was talking to a friend (a surgeon) and admired her "diamond" earrings. They turned out to be a $5 dollar Kohl's purchase that she bought on the reduced rack. So it's kind of a weird thing when wearing a bigger diamond in my area. Too big and everyone assumes it's fake. Even my friends who are very wealthy rarely wear any diamond bigger than 1 carat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results