shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you swap jewelry with a friend?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have loaned someone I know a few pieces and some designer bags/clothing to wear to a specific event. Long story short, she unexpectedly needed to go be "the wife" at a black tie event with her husband, who works for someone who runs in rather more expensive circles. It was the one time, nothing happened, and she looked the part for the five hours she needed to.

Would I do it often? no. I let my mom borrow pieces that are not my original engagement ring, if she's been good :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! I’m too picky and so careful with my stuff and I know my friends/family wouldn’t be.
I lent my sister my WF ACA bangle bracelet for an occasion and even though she wore it for just a few hours, it came back scratched up in a few spots.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell no! I have much nicer jewellery than most of my friends anyway. :lol: They are all boring & just wear same ring & studs every day...

*caveat is I’m happy to lend costume jewellery if necessary

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say yes because the only friends I have who would wear jewelry have lots more than I do and much much nicer. One friend is actually a friend because we bonded over her ring! I kept drooling over it and finally had to compliment her. Ended up chatting about jewelry, husbands, wine, and more. She was one of only a handful invited to my wedding.

Then I thought about it more and decided I couldn't do it. The pieces I do have are all very special to me and having them with someone else would make me anxious. I could probably do it if it was for an evening and coming straight back, but even then it would have to be just the right person.

As a side thought, I guess this is why figuring out what to put in the will is so difficult! Every person I think of wouldn't wear my jewelry or is utterly careless and would lose it promptly.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wouldn’t. I’d worry about damage (on either side). Lucky for me, I have slender fingers which aren’t compatible with any of my close friends / family. :mrgreen:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Nope! My friends either don't wear anything or wear only costume jewelry. I only let my mom borrow things once in a while and I'm anxious most of the time because they are usually delicate pieces (opal ring or ruby target ring). I baby my things and it takes time to learn to be aware of the things that you wear so you don't damage them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results