shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you still buy a halo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what’s always in style? Being true to oneself and making yourself happy with whatever piece you decide to get/wear/enjoy. Confidence and happiness is always in style. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who just spent some time debating halo vs no halo, and went halo, I'm in the go with what makes you happy camp. I also think it's worth pointing out that other than people who are newly engaged, and people who hang out on diamond forums :lol:, most people won't ever think about whether a ring looks outdated. Plus, in the real world, there are enough youngish people walking around with micropave halos, who will never change or upgrade their rings, that I think it's going to be a long time before they're gone.

I did choose to simplify my halo some from my last one to cut down on the babying that Big Fat Facets mentioned.

It's hard to look at Nala's gorgeous ring and not be seduced.

I don't know if it will be helpful, but here's my SMTB thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-is-set.260635/

If it's well made, I really don't think it's a problem. At least I never ran into any with my last one--other than losing it, but I'm having a hard time blaming that on the setting!

:lol::lol::lol:

The cure is to keep getting bigger diamonds. :D

I should have just quoted @jaaron. :)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are too kind @jaaron! And I love your halo as well! And I think that’s the idea of going with a halo—so many halo styles to fit all the personalities and tastes out there! There is no outdated halo just like there is no outdated solitaire!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get which ever you want. It's your ring and you're the one wearing it. I love 3 stones and halos and I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Get what you love and what gives you pleasure wearing.

I would personally not get a setting from Ritani or Tacori. The only master jeweller I would trust doing a HW style halo is Victor Canera. He makes them even more delicate and less bulky than HW. The halo setting he made for me was used daily without any problem. It was also extremely comfortable compared to any of my 3 stone rings (all hand forged). I especially love oval and fancy colored diamonds with a halo setting.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for going MIA in my own thread. I wanted to thank you all for your opinions.

In fact it is not even the case that I am terribly have my heart on a halo, there was one specific model that ai was eyeing in the past (but at that time it was completely out of my price range) , that I could make mine now, however I am in fact not even sure that it will be my last reset of my current stone.

I am currently eyeing purchasing a new diamond that I will wear as a solitaire. I will keep my current stone as it is one of the best performing OECs I have seen (and I have seen a few), hence I wanted something different for this stone once it will become my alternative option.

Now that I write all this, it sounds to me though that I likely will go with a 3 stone reset, as that one is easiest to wear on the right hand and I would not need to alternate between the rings.

I do have a smaller Ritani halo, so that should be sufficient for the halo part

Estrella185

Rough_Rock
I echo all that the other PSers have said ... Go with what you love :bigsmile: ... my aversion to halo is just seeing them too often. But then again I have a plain solitaire so there goes that logic lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for going MIA in my own thread. I wanted to thank you all for your opinions.

In fact it is not even the case that I am terribly have my heart on a halo, there was one specific model that ai was eyeing in the past (but at that time it was completely out of my price range) , that I could make mine now, however I am in fact not even sure that it will be my last reset of my current stone.

I am currently eyeing purchasing a new diamond that I will wear as a solitaire. I will keep my current stone as it is one of the best performing OECs I have seen (and I have seen a few), hence I wanted something different for this stone once it will become my alternative option.

Now that I write all this, it sounds to me though that I likely will go with a 3 stone reset, as that one is easiest to wear on the right hand and I would not need to alternate between the rings.

I do have a smaller Ritani halo, so that should be sufficient for the halo part

@Dizzie is there a thread on your OEC? I (and I am sure others) would love to see your beautiful OEC! :appl: :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dizzie , Get what you love and makes you happy.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Halo rings have been around forever; it's just a certain type of them that's so wildly popular now that I agree, that is a trend and therefore likely to end before too much longer. I'd say that would be the halos with the plain, prong set, teeny tiny diamonds.

One easy way to prevent a halo ring from looking dated a few years from now is to look up something like "antique halo rings," "art deco halo rings" etc. If she likes something like that, then I don't think it will ever go out of style.

Also, some women greatly prefer their "out-of-style" wedding sets because it's what was in style when they got married- so it's sentimental, as well as a kind of badge of honor of how long they've made it together. So you might want to ask her how she feels about the changing styles too. :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results