shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
This is about jewellery in general. If you''d have to buy that one special piece, would you rather;

- have a piece that''s designed more simply, like a solitaire, cause (some say) we enjoy such pieces more and it takes more to tire of them
- have a more blingy piece, cause after all, it''s a special piece that won''t get worn 24/7

?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of my jewellery are 24/7 items anyway even though I’m not the type to go overly blingy. Still, for a special piece, I’d go the blingy route that is still classy and tasteful. As a friend once said to me, a gemstone never looks bad when accompanied by diamonds.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for somewhat blingy. Even though I have quite a bit of it I don''t wear my jewlery every day.

-A

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Blingy but not overly large. I love halos so that must mean that I like a little bling, but I''m honestly not a fan of big stones (and I post on PS, you must all be so ashamed of me
8.gif
)
Even my 8x8 mm topaz looks a bit too big to me.
14.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go a bit blingy for sure! I''ve found that I really prefer a little bling and get bored with solitaires. Not so much bling though that I''d feel the need to be accompanied by security or watch my back 24/7 for fear of someone mugging me for it.
3.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Blingy!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Blingy...definitely, but not overly done, classie bling.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I set most of my stones simply, both so I can afford to get them set, and so that I will wear them more often.

However, I''m saving up for a blingy T Lee piece right now using my Barry Bridgestock Umbalite and a pair of Richard Homer rubies. So fun dreaming about it.
1.gif

So, I guess since you are asking about one special piece only, I suppose I''d have to agree and say blingy.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s strange, but for my mid-level stones, I went blingy. For my more special stones, my Scap, and likely my Aqua, I''m leaning towards a solitaire.

Although, my Spess was going to go into a baguette halo until I started getting quotes back - I think tapered baguettes may have to be the answer for that one.
3.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 9:47:20 AM
Author: brandy_z28
I''d go a bit blingy for sure! I''ve found that I really prefer a little bling and get bored with solitaires. Not so much bling though that I''d feel the need to be accompanied by security or watch my back 24/7 for fear of someone mugging me for it.
3.gif
LOL
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I went blingy for that one special piece.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sure Blingy..
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
We can only have one special piece??!! I don''t like this game...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 11:53:54 AM
Author: cellentani
Ha, ha
2.gif
It was hypothetical.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
A bit blingy without being overdone.
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 11:53:54 AM
Author: cellentani

Hehe...

I think I''m leaning towards blingy, but it depends a little bit on the gem.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Depends on the stone. If it''s a 15 carat monster, I wouldn''t want to overshadow it (not clear how that could be done at 15 cts.)

My e-ring is a solitaire but it''s the design that counts. I think tasteful bling that works with the design would be just about right.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Tasteful bling!

Lori

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Neither: I like interesting metals (design, texture, patinas) as ornament rather than bling.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, who says you can''t wear blingy 24/7??

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m leaning toward simpler. I''d love one of those James Meyer solitaires, for example, something exquisitely made that I could still wear anytime.

On the other hand, given the chance, maybe I could get used to wearing bling on a regular basis....?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Simple! ..with exquisite craftsmanship--I''m all about the "everyday" piece.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coati -- your James Meyer ring is exactly the one I had in mind!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
9.gif
Thanks VR!

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Blingy, but not ridiculously over the top
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 2:36:43 AM
Author: loriken214
Tasteful bling!

Lori
I''m with Lori - tasteful bling! Harriet''s spinel fits into this category I think.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
BOTH! Well for my one special piece, my diamond ring, I thought I went low key by adding two trapezoid. But they are diamonds, of course it is blingy.
2.gif

When I built my color RH rings, I wasn''t aiming at attracting attention. I would try to find something that I *personally* consider to bring out the most beautiful side of the gem (color/shape).

That much said, when I open my jewelery box and see how much diamonds on each piece, I guess I am more on the ''blingy'' side.
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I like to wear blingy 24/7.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I prefer simple, but I always think about how the setting will enhance the stone. If it is a large stone, I am going to want a simpler setting. For a smaller stone, I usually like to add something to the setting to get the ring more interest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results