shape
carat
color
clarity

would you rather have...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
if you ever get to choose, would you rather have a single diamond (1-1.25 carat), or a diamond band (2 ctw) with a pair of 1.2 ctw diamond earrings as engagement gift? given they represent the same value.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d pick the solitaire! One big beautiful stone is what makes my heart sing. And the thing about earrings is that you can''t see them yourself like you can a ring.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 8:52:18 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I''d pick the solitaire! One big beautiful stone is what makes my heart sing. And the thing about earrings is that you can''t see them yourself like you can a ring.
My thoughts exactly!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band and the earrings. Can be worn every day and look casual. Sometimes I wear just the band and not the ering.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be in the minority, but I''d go 2 ctw band and 1.2 ctw earrings!
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''d go into a jewelry store, try both on and see which I liked more
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Solitaire! My reasoning is, I''d feel comfortable buying the band and earrings for myself later in time, but wouldn''t feel so comfortable buying myself a solitaire (and I''m realizing I''m way too traditional in that aspect - bleh). But there it is - if it''s a gift, I''d rather have the solitaire
1.gif

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I guess I''m more traditional in the sense that I''d go for a solitaire. You can always get a band and earrings later.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the band and earrings and then get a solitaire later [disclaimer: I prefer large solitaires
9.gif
]

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ll already be getting a good sized solitaire for the engagement, so why not get the diamond band and matching earrings to go with it, instead of having 2 solitaires?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Solitaire.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Solitaire for me too. I think 1ct or 1.25ct is a good size for a solitaire

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:35:04 AM
Author: Daisi2112
I guess I''m more traditional in the sense that I''d go for a solitaire. You can always get a band and earrings later.
Ditto. That''s what anniversaries are for
emwink.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 1:58:43 PM
Author: vespergirl

emwink.gif
I tried to tell my husband that and he isn''t having any of it lol! And don''t get me started on push presents.. he says I have made it up! I showed him Tacori''s Tessa ring and he still doesn''t believe there is such a thing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 2:16:37 PM
Author: Maisie

emwink.gif
I tried to tell my husband that and he isn''t having any of it lol! And don''t get me started on push presents.. he says I have made it up! I showed him Tacori''s Tessa ring and he still doesn''t believe there is such a thing!
Tis too Bruddah!
16.gif
25.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also take the e-ring, earrings and the band can be purchased as anniversary presents down the road.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm, tough one. I assume you''re asking because you have a choice of which to get engaged with, or, you''re wondering what your GF, soon-to-be fiancee would prefer? If you''re asking for yourself, I say go and try stuff on. Me, I''d be really torn - I love the look of two bands as a wedding set, and earrings are a nice bonus! I guess it would depend on the specific band vs. the specific solitaire. But if you''re asking for your girlfriend, ask *her* - people can have really strong individual feelings. Either way, good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.25 ct solitaire is NOT the e-ring right, just another ring in addition to the e-ring as an engagement present?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock

emwink.gif

Lol, I''ve always thought it would be so much more practical to have them the other way around. A 2ctw band looks awesome on any younger woman''s hand, and it makes more sense to me to get a honkin'' solitaire down the road when you''re (hopefully) more financially stable. I bet if tradition had it the other way around,

1) guys would/might propose sooner because they''d feel less pressure
2) there''d be a little more incentive (?!) to stick around in the marriage for that solitaire on your silver anniversary or something

I guess by now you can tell that I''m totally voting for the band and earrings option over the solitaire?
10.gif
Actually, I might even suggest going all in on the band, smooshing the earring budget into funds for the band.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:20:09 PM
Author: Chrono
The 1.25 ct solitaire is NOT the e-ring right, just another ring in addition to the e-ring as an engagement present?

Chrono, I was assuming the solitaire was the e-ring. If what you''re saying is true, I''d have to change my choice. If it came down to a choice between 2 solitaires and a solitaire plus band and earrings, I''ll take the set of 3.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 8:52:18 PM
agree, what good is it when you can''t enjoy your own diamond.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Band and earrings. Definitely.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:10:02 AM

Date: 2/28/2009 11:20:09 PM
Author: Chrono

Chrono, I was assuming the solitaire was the e-ring. If what you''re saying is true, I''d have to change my choice. If it came down to a choice between 2 solitaires and a solitaire plus band and earrings, I''ll take the set of 3.
ditto!!! A second solitaire pales in comparison to an eternity band and earrings.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d prefer the band and the earrings. I have smaller diamond earrings I wear almost everyday and would like bigger ones. Bands always looks classy and are easier to wear everywhere.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I''d much prefer the diamond band and earings!

swl

Shiny_Rock
thank you all for the comments:) just for reference, it's either the solitaire or the diamond band with earrings. i just went to the local jeweler today, the price between a 1.25 solitaire and a 7 stone 2.1 with a pair of 1.2 ctw earrings is the same. That's why I cant decide because the 7 stone isn't exactly small, and the 1.2 ctw studs are absolutely beautiful (together with the ring is a lot of bling
30.gif
. However, a traditional solitaire looks really beautiful and formal, but I am only 20, I am not sure if it's a little too mature. So I am still thinking which is a better option.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
If it''s not an engagement ring, I guess the band and earrings are the better option.
A solitaire just screams engagement, imho... it''s a symbolic gift

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

emwink.gif
Yes.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Ditto

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:47:17 PM
Author: swl
thank you all for the comments:) just for reference, it''s either the solitaire or the diamond band with earrings. i just went to the local jeweler today, the price between a 1.25 solitaire and a 7 stone 2.1 with a pair of 1.2 ctw earrings is the same. That''s why I cant decide because the 7 stone isn''t exactly small, and the 1.2 ctw studs are absolutely beautiful (together with the ring is a lot of bling
30.gif
. However, a traditional solitaire looks really beautiful and formal, but I am only 20, I am not sure if it''s a little too mature. So I am still thinking which is a better option.

If you''re 20, I would definitely push the band. I was traveling this week and I wore my solitaire for fear of losing it at home while I was away, and I didn''t particularly like the attention I got from wearing it. You know, it wasn''t just gushing, but those uncomfortable "why is your stone so big when you''re so young" comments, especially in the academic setting I was in. I think a 2.1ctw 7 stone looks fabulous at any age!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results