shape
carat
color
clarity

would you rather have...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:32:02 PM
Author: onvacation
Date: 3/1/2009 12:47:17 PM

Author: swl

thank you all for the comments:) just for reference, it's either the solitaire or the diamond band with earrings. i just went to the local jeweler today, the price between a 1.25 solitaire and a 7 stone 2.1 with a pair of 1.2 ctw earrings is the same. That's why I cant decide because the 7 stone isn't exactly small, and the 1.2 ctw studs are absolutely beautiful (together with the ring is a lot of bling
30.gif
. However, a traditional solitaire looks really beautiful and formal, but I am only 20, I am not sure if it's a little too mature. So I am still thinking which is a better option.

If you're 20, I would definitely push the band. I was traveling this week and I wore my solitaire for fear of losing it at home while I was away, and I didn't particularly like the attention I got from wearing it. You know, it wasn't just gushing, but those uncomfortable 'why is your stone so big when you're so young' comments, especially in the academic setting I was in. I think a 2.1ctw 7 stone looks fabulous at any age!

how big is your solitaire OV
31.gif
for people to have that look, that must of been a BIG stone~
41.gif

About the academic setting, that's so interesting, different groups of people have different taste in diamonds and their perception of it... I wonder why in an academic setting, a big diamond would receive negative looks while a sparkling band of smaller diamonds would seem more elegant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results