shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you pay less for your wedding ring.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 6:43:59 PM
Author: Maisie
Thank you for all your suggestions everyone.

I think we need to find money for both. That way I will have the precious memories and there will be sentimental feelings attached to the ring too.
1.gif

maisie, i thought of something else re: photography. if it turns out that your photog still isn''t in your budget, ask them if they can possibly recommend someone who is maybe starting out their business and who would be more affordable. let them know that you are looking for someone who has the same style as them. ask them who they would trust to take their wedding photos.

i''m glad though that you sorted out what you think is most important. it helps to have that focus when you need to make other tough decisions! good luck!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that you should compromise something other than the ring or the photography. There are a ton of photographers all with different prices and skills. You may be able to spend less on your photography but still get an absolutely fantastic photographer within your budget. If you''re getting married on a Wednesday then ask for a discount. We got a huge discount because we got married during a weekday. I was told by a few photographers that they didn''t want to do a weekday wedding but plenty were interested in giving us a discount.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 9:28:27 PM
Author: ringster

Date: 6/7/2008 6:43:59 PM
Author: Maisie
Thank you for all your suggestions everyone.

I think we need to find money for both. That way I will have the precious memories and there will be sentimental feelings attached to the ring too.
1.gif

maisie, i thought of something else re: photography. if it turns out that your photog still isn''t in your budget, ask them if they can possibly recommend someone who is maybe starting out their business and who would be more affordable. let them know that you are looking for someone who has the same style as them. ask them who they would trust to take their wedding photos.

i''m glad though that you sorted out what you think is most important. it helps to have that focus when you need to make other tough decisions! good luck!
Thanks Ringster! Thats an excellent suggestion.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 4:58:42 AM
Author: Addy
I agree that you should compromise something other than the ring or the photography. There are a ton of photographers all with different prices and skills. You may be able to spend less on your photography but still get an absolutely fantastic photographer within your budget. If you''re getting married on a Wednesday then ask for a discount. We got a huge discount because we got married during a weekday. I was told by a few photographers that they didn''t want to do a weekday wedding but plenty were interested in giving us a discount.
I believe that most photographers round here do offer a weekday discount. Its definitely something I will be aiming for. Thanks Addy
1.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Maisie! Can you indulge us with the ring in question?
9.gif
11.gif
12.gif
(unless I missed it?)

I hope that you do find a photographer that works in your budget, I do think the ring is more important and I am all about the pictures too. Also, I didn''t read the whole thread so maybe someone else suggested this, but maybe you could get the photographer you love for a shorter amount of time?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Shimmer
35.gif

The ring in question is the Whiteflash 5 stone shared prong in platinum. 1.00 ctw.

I can''t ask the photographer to work for any less as they would be travelling around 7 hours to get here. I wish I could though, it would sure help a lot!
1.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just realized you mentioned both previously. EEK, I have to start reading more carefully
7.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 2:02:03 PM
Author: shimmer
I just realized you mentioned both previously. EEK, I have to start reading more carefully
7.gif
Don''t worry about it - I do it all the time!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''d pick the ring. Though, I confess that I not to have the bride gene and am not terribly sentimental about weddings.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely pick the ring although if I could cut corners anywhere else, I would, just to try and get the photographer also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results