shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you like for CBI & ACA to cut MB/SB fluor stones like BGD?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind owning one. Unlike some PSers here I have nothing against fluor stones that has been vetted by an in-house vendor.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So long as they are trade-up/in eligible, you betcha!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes - I love blue fluor.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly wouldn't say no!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yes

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and offer them at a huge discount!:cheeky:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes but the key words being vetted and discounted like the BGD line. Also eligible to trade in full product line up.

I'd also be more interested if they went above and beyond to further color test fluor stones. One in a totally free UV environment. One in normal UV exposure. And one in heavy UV exposure.

Such additional testing would give me confidence no color over grading occured and would give me an idea what color I could expect in different environments.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes but the key words being vetted and discounted like the BGD line. Also eligible to trade in full product line up.

I'd also be more interested if they went above and beyond to further color test fluor stones. One in a totally free UV environment. One in normal UV exposure. And one in heavy UV exposure.

Such additional testing would give me confidence no color over grading occured and would give me an idea what color I could expect in different environments.

I think it might have been @John Pollard who posted previously to say that CBI don't (intentionally) cut stones with fluor because of their market value uncertainties, which could impact both the consumer and CBI themselves (re: trade-ins etc.) IIRC.

I know CBI do send stones back if they disagree with a stone's grading (whether too high or too low) so it would be interesting to know if they do longwave / shortwave / combined / sunlight UV testing, for example :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Of course.

There might be some question if anything ought to be different about the cut in honor of this vanishing blue, keeping all of the precisson.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ask, "Would you like for CBI & ACA to cut MB/SB fluor stones like BGD?"

I don't care much either way.
For me fluorescence is not that important.
It can be cool if you hang out in disco bars with black lights :rolleyes:, but I don't.

I'm pretty sure any vendor I would buy from would screen out any rocks with that rare undesirable artifact of fluorescence.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it might have been @John Pollard who posted previously to say that CBI don't (intentionally) cut stones with fluor because of their market value uncertainties, which could impact both the consumer and CBI themselves (re: trade-ins etc.) IIRC.
It might have been. I wrote this "Singin' the blues" (get it?) article for my friends at HPD a while back, with some explanation. Essentially the confounder is a contradiction between blanket lifetime value guarantees and the chaotic way the diamond-industry devalues fluorescence.

From that article << If you are a fan of fluorescence Crafted by Infinity does have a Crafted to Order program. We will custom-cut a diamond with high fluorescence levels. But the restrictions and assurances will be more in line with the rest of the diamond world (no long-term buyback, etc.).>>

I know CBI do send stones back if they disagree with a stone's grading (whether too high or too low) so it would be interesting to know if they do longwave / shortwave / combined / sunlight UV testing, for example :)
All conventional instrument testing is on the menu. More about the occasional rare bird that shows up in our inventory described in a post by @Wink from HPD, here.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-the-numbers.247248/page-2#post-4510091

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might have been. I wrote this "Singin' the blues" (get it?) article for my friends at HPD a while back, with some explanation. Essentially the confounder is a contradiction between blanket lifetime value guarantees and the chaotic way the diamond-industry devalues fluorescence.

From that article << If you are a fan of fluorescence Crafted by Infinity does have a Crafted to Order program. We will custom-cut a diamond with high fluorescence levels. But the restrictions and assurances will be more in line with the rest of the diamond world (no long-term buyback, etc.).>>

All conventional instrument testing is on the menu. More about the occasional rare bird that shows up in our inventory described in a post by @Wink from HPD, here.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-the-numbers.247248/page-2#post-4510091

Thank you for the clarification, kind sir! :))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
the chaotic way the diamond-industry devalues fluorescence.

Is now rock bottom yet? ,( The 35% discount mentioned in 'Singin' the blues' [short, blunt & eminently citable 'singin''!] is less than the numbers on my side of the screen; I am surprised.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results