shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you assume this is costume jewelry?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Just looking to get some feedback on these earrings. This is a lab diamond with CZ earring jacket. My lobes are on the smaller side but more than that, my piercing is very low. I wanted to try a cz jacket before considering a lab or mined diamond version.

Do these look like costume jewelry and/or clip on earrings? They're droopy and my lobes curve back slightly. Because they are so low and big on my lobes I feel that may be how they look. And if that's going to be the assumption, I'm not sure I would want to invest in mined or mmd jackets.

Of course it only matters what I think, but I would appreciate opinions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201213_174623352.jpg
    IMG_20201213_174623352.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 38

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know a thing about CZ but i see nothing interior about lab diamonds
im not sure what CZ would look like beside a diamond
I would think it would be important for appearances and sparkle to keep both very very clean

you can buy a bigger back for your earing to stop the ever so slight sag that would not even be noticeable by anyone unless you pointed it out (so don't point it out)

Im not sure what you are imamging what clip ons look like?
Like everything you can get very well made nice looking clip on's and then $5 fun ones
(Princess Margret - always a very well made up lady as well as being a King's daughter only ever wore clip ons)

Perhaps you are looking for excuses because you are not quite in love with the look ?

Rather that, than you love them and worry about what others think and let yourself be influenced by others, because when it comes to pretties only one person's opinion counts and that's your's

You know Elizebth Taylor, Barbara Bush, Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana and Queen Alexandra all rocked costume jewlery and they had tons of the real stuff

It all boils down to wearing what you love, what you're comfortable and confident with, real, fake or man made diamond doesn't matter

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I should have been more specific. My issue isn't with the stones. I certainly don't think that the lab diamonds are inferior. If I decide I like the look I may just keep the CZ jackets instead of investing in diamonds, as I'm not sure how often I would actually wear them.

I don't generally wear what I would consider costume jewelry. I make absolutely no judgement against it for others, but it has never felt right for me, once I became an adult. I try it occasionally but it doesn't stick.

So my question is more the overall look. You're right that I'm not sure if I'm happy with it. Honestly I'm irritated that my piercings are so low. I love the look of a nice big diamond centered on the lobe. I don't like this drooping over the edge look. So I have to decide if I want to rock this look anyway or stay with 5mm stones, because that's all I can fit.

I feel like it looks a bit like I'm a little kid playing in my grandma's jewelry box, and while I know my opinion is the only one that should matter, I'm curious how the look reads to others.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I do not believe they look like a costume piece.

However I believe this look is not flattering on you, sorry!

Have you considered dangling style earrings instead of studs?

DK :))

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Personally I do not believe they look like a costume piece.

However I believe this look is not flattering on you, sorry!

Have you considered dangling style earrings instead of studs?

Thank you for the honesty, that's exactly the kind of response I'm hoping for!

I haven't tried dangling type earrings much, I guess because I've generally seen these mostly with beads and that's not a style I prefer. I'll have to research some fine jewelry dangling styles. I do have a couple pairs of small hoops. My jewelry collection is pretty minimal as many things I've tried just don't feel "right" to me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven't tried dangling type earrings much, I guess because I've generally seen these mostly with beads and that's not a style I prefer. I'll have to research some fine jewelry dangling styles. I do have a couple pairs of small hoops. My jewelry collection is pretty minimal as many things I've tried just don't feel "right" to me.

There is a thread on dangling earrings, check it out for inspirations.

Large dangling earrings do not suit me, and it took me ages in order to find a small pair of huggies that just hug my big fat earlobes without sticking out to make my ready chubby face even wider.

I then made some interchangeable pearl drops for the huggies myself, and custom made a pair of paved diamond drops for dressier events.

I have bought a pair of 6mm OEC Moissys with the intention of making them into drops with a thin bezel just around the girdle of the stones.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stay away from places that sell fashion jewlery !
Close your eyes when you walk past !
There are so many beautiful earings just here on PS

Honestly really good coustume jewlery you wouod not know the difference but the fun stuff down the mall - just ignore it

Regarding the CZ ?
Are they exspensive? The jackets ?
Some of the ladies here buy CZs to try out a style before commiting to diamonds

Remember jewlery is also about having fun ?
Do you have fun with your wardrobe ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about re-piercing your ears for the holes to sit more centrally in your earlobes/

If this is not an option, then I would suggest wearing short Shepherd hooks so that the loop where the dangle hangs from is just below your earlobe.

They are easy to make from scratch to suit.

Ready made shop bought ones may be too long for your earlobes.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure about the re-piercing. I would want to ask a professional piercer or even a plastic surgeon. I'm not sure if there is enough overall space to move them up or if it would be worth the hassle to me.

You can see the tiny dimple of my second piercing in my picture. I haven't used that one in many many years but it is even lower. I don't know what the piercers were thinking and I was much too young to know better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I'm irritated that my piercings are so low. I love the look of a nice big diamond centered on the lobe.

This is me too. I would prefer to have higher piercings and I prefer the diamond to be more in the center of the lobe (for me). Which means I cannot go over a certain diamond size on my ears. I feel you and get it. The only other option is closing the piercing and waiting for it to heal and repiercing. That is a long process and a lot of work. Which for me isn't tenable so I leave my piercings as they are and just accommodate the lobes with smaller diamonds.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The issue I have with my big fat earlobes is that, although my piercings are pretty central, I cannot wear earrings over a certain height, or loops that are wide, as they would make my already fat chubby face even wider!

So no big round Tahitian or South Sea Studs (10mm maximum for round pearls), or big Inside and Out diamond encrusted loops!

DK :lol-2:

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
This is me too. I would prefer to have higher piercings and I prefer the diamond to be more in the center of the lobe (for me). Which means I cannot go over a certain diamond size on my ears. I feel you and get it. The only other option is closing the piercing and waiting for it to heal and repiercing. That is a long process and a lot of work. Which for me isn't tenable so I leave my piercings as they are and just accommodate the lobes with smaller diamonds.

Thank you! I know that it's a silly thing to think about but I'm glad that someone understands. At least I saved money buying studs! 1ctw was just a little too big so I ended up with 0.79 ctw and they are as big as my lobes can handle without the stones reaching the edge. More money for a different project!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Well as as this morning one of the jackets has already lost a stone! So I'm going to scrap the earring jacket idea. I'm happy I was able to try it in cz to see.

Maybe next I'll get a cz eternity so I can test how practical that seems for my life! Glad to have the options!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well as as this morning one of the jackets has already lost a stone! So I'm going to scrap the earring jacket idea. I'm happy I was able to try it in cz to see.

Maybe next I'll get a cz eternity so I can test how practical that seems for my life! Glad to have the options!

Well we will all be happy to follow along in what ever your heart desires next
Phew that CZ was a CZ and not a diamond
they definatly have their place

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results