shape
carat
color
clarity

would you add colored side stones to your ering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have blue sapphires (for not sentimental reason. I just love them) in my e-ring setting and love it! I have never felt like it clashed with anything I was wearing or other jewelry. I love how they showcase my diamond even more and make my setting a little more unique.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:38:51 AM
Author: neatfreak
I like colored stone centers with diamond sides or a classic all diamond ring *for me*.
Ditto. I do make an exception for three-stone rings with colored stone sides, and colored stone halos. For channel/shared prong/bead-set/etc. (half-)eternity-style sidestones I prefer diamonds, generally speaking.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of a RB with side sapphire pears. LOVE. I know I've seen at least one on PS at some point, and if I'd seen that before getting my engagement ring... let's just say I'd have had quite a bit of trouble making a decision
2.gif
I don't think that versatility is an issue, really--unless you, say, wear a lot of red and wanted to get pink sidestones (those colors clash to my eye). So it's all about whether you love it!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 1:54:11 PM
Author: katiedid
thanks LS - you have, quite possibly, the most beautiful sapphire I''ve ever laid eyes on...
Oh my goodness, katidid. How nice of you to comment on my ring! (though it''s quite ''tarted up'' for Christmas these days)!

LS

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
If I were in your shoes I would totally go for it! It sounds like there is a lot of sentimental value attached to the sapphires and if you don''t add them in somewhere (either as side stones or maybe on the setting) your always going to have that longing for them.
The look might be "less classic" but honestly looking at the sapphires and having all those good memories come to mind would out weigh it for me. Plus, a three stone ring is a pretty classic setting and pretty versatile regardless of the side stones. Just my opinion though!
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 11:37:20 AM
Author: woobug02
Woooo Katedid,

Like you I loved SAPPHIRES!!! They are my top favorite... I had Whiteflash make me a sapphire wrap....This way I can wear when I want and then wear my soliare alone when I feel the mood. I get TONS of compliments on my three stone set.... I SAY GO FOR IT!! SDL ring was my inspiration I love her ering... WOOO
I would go with Woobugs sapphire wrap! At some point in the future, I plan to get the same wrap she did (sapphire pear sides).

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so cool to be getting all of these replies! Thank you!!

Ok, so I sent Lesley a whole bunch more questions and while I''m waiting I thought I''d ask about proportions. I am SO picky and I want to figure out the "ideal" pear size/shape. When I think "ideal", I think Tiffany''s version. I don''t want them too pointy and skinny (like wings). And I don''t want them too fat b/c I want them to look like pears and not rounds. Lesley mentioned 3 x 4 mm size. My center stone is 1.01 ct and measures 6.5 x 6.5 mm.

I sent Lesley two photos from PS: one by doomaisie (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-whiteflash-aca-tsavorite-e-ring-pics.88088/) and both are GORGEOUS.

For a 6.5 mm center stone, what mm lenth and width would translate into "Tiffany proportions"? Shouldn''t be too hard to figure out, given that my stone is such a common size. But we have no Tiffany store close by for me to go look at and investigate...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like them, go for it. My 3 stone ring with side blue sapphires never fails to catch attention because it''s so different and the blue really stands out among the sea of plain white diamond rings.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely go for it. You miss them, so you know you would love it. I hope the price doesn''t kill the project for you. Good luck!
1.gif

DLFB

Rough_Rock
I also have a similar plan for my e-ring.

Basically, I''ll have 20 white sapphires on the side and I''m THINKING of having 2 surprise diamonds with one blue sapphire and one opal on the other side.

I have a question for experts though:

I''m leaning onto buying an I or J color diamonds with a strong blue fluo. Should I buy PURE WHITE sapphires or WHITE with a little bit of a BLUE hue as my side stones? I think it would make a distinctive difference in color (between the center stone and the side stones).

*sorry to thread jack. somehow I cannot make posts for some odd reason.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please go for it so I can see it in person over lunch!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! The unofficial talley stands at ~ 16 for yes, 11 for no (although nobody really said "no" - I''m just counting everyone as either for or against!) I''m going to get the measurements on the all-diamond version I saw at the maul store because I think I liked those proportions. Pears seem to be tricky - there are so many "shapes" of pears! I think I''m leaning more toward the smaller pears in relation to the center stone (which is what I think the Tiffany version is). I don''t want a true "3 stone" look, but rather side stones that will accent the center and add that pop of color. When I think of 3-stone, I think of the stones being similar in size with less variation between the center and the sides.

For anyone who has the Tiffany version, based on your stones, how would that translate to a 1 ct center? I''m guessing maybe .30 pts or so total??? I think all of the Tiffany versions on PS are much larger center stones than mine. And I''m an idiot with math - you can ask my 11 year old daughter...
emteeth.gif

le chateau

Rough_Rock
I think it''s breathtaking. I think the blue stones light up the diamond and the white-metal (plat or wt gold)

My original set was a round diamond center, two sapphire baggettes and then two smaller round diamonds. My jeweler had never done sapphires in an e-ring before and started doing after I asked him to do mine. LOL

I was also married in Sept.

But we did it because we loved the cool electric look

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:38:51 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think it''s a gorgeous look, but one that isn''t really for me. I like colored stone centers with diamond sides or a classic all diamond ring *for me*. So I personally wouldn''t, but I do love to see that on other people''s rings! It''s very pretty.
That basically sums up my thoughts too.
5.gif

If you''re wanting some color, why not get an alternate diamond/sapphire wedding band to wear when you want some blue?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 11:22:14 AM
Author: AprilBaby
I love the look of sapphire side stones but I am funny about mixing colors with other rings or my clothes (OCD I think) so I would prefer all diamonds and add a sapphire band when it matched. My son''s fiancee wants a sapphire pear enhancer for her RB solitaire.
Hee hee - I have to be matchy too, LOL!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Go for it, Katie!

3-stone rings are making a very strong comeback and one with sapp sides will be just as classic, timeless and elegant as all diamond 3-stone rings that you will find out there.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOO I have been out of town. :) Yes, I wear it all the time but today I am wearing it my ering alone with my eternity band... I love the options... :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
One more comment. I get comments on my solitare and eternity band but when I have sapphires on I get LOTS AND LOTS of compliments.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
yes! it''s a way to make your ering look waaaaay more unique.
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the color camp and plan to have purple sapphires as side stones to my diamond. I think if you think of it as a unique accessory, where it doesn''t go with anything...so it goes with everything! It''s perfectly fine for an engagement ring. My watch is silver, yet has a beautiful mother of pearl BLUE face...doesn''t make it clash with a single thing!

kjt

Rough_Rock
I personally would not change my e-ring to include sapphires (they''re my birthstone too!)
I prefer the more "classic" look so that I can wear it with everything.

However, I am looking for a sapphire eternity ring that I can wear with my e-ring on days that I want a *fun* look. Have you considered that?

If you do end up going with the sapphire side stones, the pears look awesome :) Either way, you''re wearing it, so whatever makes you smile when you look down at your hands, that''s what you should go with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results