shape
carat
color
clarity

Would like your opinion on these 2 ACAs

MrsJoe

Rough_Rock
Hello, PS, I am working with whiteflash on a ring and was hoping to get your opinion. WF has been very helpful, and the person I am working with told me she feels that the 2.025 J VS2 has a tiny bit less color from the side when she compared it with the 2.264 J SI1. I then asked for pics, and they graciously provided the photos below. To me it seems the 2.264 J SI1 has less color than the 2.025 J VS2, but as I looked longer it seems that in the center of the diamonds (of the side view photo), the 2.05 J VS2 had less of an undertone than the 2.264 J SI1 had in the center. That thought coupled with my WF associate's opinion made me wonder which really is the warmer stone. My goal is to get the cooler stone. Thank you for any and all advice/opinions!

Attachments

• faceupview.jpg
    faceupview.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 213
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: AV_

JaneDough

Rough_Rock
To my eyes the SI1 looks brighter in the center in the face up view and less tinted from the side in the second photo.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, PS, I am working with whiteflash on a ring and was hoping to get your opinion. WF has been very helpful, and the person I am working with told me she feels that the 2.025 J VS2 has a tiny bit less color from the side when she compared it with the 2.264 J SI1. I then asked for pics, and they graciously provided the photos below. To me it seems the 2.264 J SI1 has less color than the 2.025 J VS2, but as I looked longer it seems that in the center of the diamonds (of the side view photo), the 2.05 J VS2 had less of an undertone than the 2.264 J SI1 had in the center. That thought coupled with my WF associate's opinion made me wonder which really is the warmer stone. My goal is to get the cooler stone. Thank you for any and all advice/opinions!

My eyes prefer the J SI1 on the left, clearer and brighter. Plus the difference In size (which is obvious) between the two.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the SI, both head on and from a body tint stand point.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others; the SI looks brighter. The associate is seeing them in person but I'd have to ask why the pictures look the opposite of what she is saying.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based only on info presented I go with the SI1.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 5.06.37 PM.jpg

Also, I suspect many of the SI1's white spots are actually dust on the table because they are nearly all in focus - IOW the same distance from the camera.
Odds are very small they could be clouds scattered throughout the inside of the diamond.
If they were so many would not be equally in focus because such high magnification results in very shallow depth of focus (depth of field).

If my suspicion is correct that would mean the diamond is cleaner than it appears in that pic.

I'm NOT criticizing WF's photographer!!!!
I do gem photography, so I know it's nearly impossible to keep diamond ultra clean when handling them.

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bigger one...

MrsJoe

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input! I think I’ll go with the SI.

I did notice the spots that Kenny mentioned. Thank you for that info bc I did notice them immediately and did wonder if it was dust haha. I was told both are eye clean face up and I think that’s enough assurance for me as I don’t pick up on inclusions easily in real life. I do see color but don’t mind it usually. Worst case scenario I can upgrade for color haha. MGR, that’s a good thought and I will ask her about her opinion compared to what we’re seeing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results