shape
carat
color
clarity

Would anyone buy I1 over SI2....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Canadiang,
I'm sure you guys are all nice but...

----------------
On 1/9/2004 4:28:40 PM p5r799 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you should be nicer to the newcomers.
----------------
Why? <--- Mara's reply

This doesn't sound too friendly, does it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, I was curious as to why you felt I should be friendly to you.

Tie me up and flog me....

p5r799

Rough_Rock
And my dear, if you don't like that, I'll extend to you the same invite you extended earlier.......ignore my posts.
--------------------------------------------------

I intend to.
naughty.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
dimaond dazed, I'm LOLing visualizing your hubby doubling over when you tell him you're flawless. I always tell my hubby that it's amazing that he found the only perfect woman in the world to marry! (Sometimes he agrees with me but then I know his motives are suspect.)

Actually, the married man who recently posted said he wanted a "most spectacular stone for a spectacular wife." I can live with that. The guy who wanted the small but perfect diamond was a fiance, LOL.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
By all means, help...but mis-information is the worst type of help.

Mara,
I agree but who do you think should decide what's considered as "mis-information"?

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Actually, I was curious as to why you felt I should be friendly to you.

Mara,
I didn't realize that people needed a reason to be nice to other people... forget being nice, how about courteous?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
P5.....Being "nice" doesn't mean standing quietly by while someone hands out inaccurate information.

These folks are being nice. You're saying you're here to get educated (which is great), and if that's your goal, then *listen* to the good information that people are trying to share with you instead of arguing about it. These people know a lot, and they are nicely trying to share it with you (and other) and make sure you have CORRECT information. You can indeed learn a lot IF you're willing to consider what they're saying.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm maybe the LAW? Do you feel like they are qualified enough? Or maybe you want to email them and argue as well?

The whole wholesale/retail thing, how this started, was because you promoted a 'wholesale' vendor. Which is ILLEGAL as was already noted. You perpetuated legal mis-information. Then you grabbed it like a dog with a bone when it was challenged, and you are STILL holding on and foaming at the mouth.
nono.gif

p5r799

Rough_Rock
P5.....Being "nice" doesn't mean standing quietly by while someone hands out inaccurate information.

Absolutely, but it doesn't mean you prosecute them for speaking neither. There are many tactful ways to convey your point.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
. You can indeed learn a lot IF you're willing to consider what they're saying.

Alj,
Another great statement. But don't you think that goes for everbody.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OK......the mutuel's are open and betting may now begin......

How many people think this is a relative of WD? Maybe we should start a poll.....

Hey, F&I, can YOU start a poll for us?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my God! Dramatic much?

PROSECUTE?

How about pointing out that you were wrong. Can you take that? Can you accept it? If not, you learning anything on this board is going to be a tall order.

When people come to Pscope, they don't assume they know everything. Spend a year or two here and learn something.

I love polls. This is the best poll ever.

AL I was thinking the SAME THING about WD relative.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
How are you helping, exactly?

In a previous thread, you posted that a Tiffany style ring would be 'unpractical' (sic) for an active woman. As an active woman who wears a Tiffany style ring daily, I don't agree. That's opinion, not fact.

When you recommend a 'wholesale' vendor, you will be corrected by those who are familiar with the ethics surrounding diamond sales. When someone else posts that all I1's have visible inclusions, they will be corrected by those who own eyeclean I1 stones. That isn't opinion - it's fact. And these facts get corrected because they're factually untrue. They are misleading and unhelpful - which isn't, I presume, anyone's purpose here.

If you take umbrage at these corrections, as you appear to be doing, that's too bad. We've all been corrected at one point or another around here. Most of us accept these corrections in the manner in which they were intended - to be helpful.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Mara,
Why don't we let the proper officials or entity to decide whether Diamond Direct should be wholesaler or retailer, aey?

And forgive me for being excited about a great deal that I saw and sharing it with the rest of the group. I didn't know it was such a horrible thing to do.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Mara,
Drama?? Aren't you the one who's brining up legality and "absolute" this and that about my naive statements?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Again with the drama. This is me on my small violin playing 'my heart bleeds for you'.

Sharing deals is great. By all means tell everyone that Diamond Direct is a great place for good deals. Sounds good to me.

As for proper officials....again, if you don't believe, please feel free to look it up. Then be sure to email them and argue about it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/9/2004 4:55:00 PM p5r799 wrote:

P5.....Being 'nice' doesn't mean standing quietly by while someone hands out inaccurate information.

Absolutely, but it doesn't mean you prosecute them for speaking neither. There are many tactful ways to convey your point.
----------------

I think what you meant is "persecute"......and no, I don't think you are being persecuted.

I think folks were very tactful and factual in the information they gave. But when you continue to argue about facts and you're incorrect, then sure, people will dig in. If you say "a quarter is worth 10 cents" and I say "actually, it's not worth 10 cents, it's worth 25 cents", that's not persecuting you. It's giving correct information.

If you then say "well, so and so told me it's worth 10 cents and so did five people in my neighborhood", it's still not persecuting you for me to respond "Even though six people told you it's worth 10 cents, it's not....it's worth 25 cents."

But from there, if you want to continue arguing about what a quarter is worth, then sure, anyone might get a little less tactful in their responses because tact isn't effective up to that point.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/9/2004 4:56:21 PM p5r799 wrote:

. You can indeed learn a lot IF you're willing to consider what they're saying.

Alj,
Another great statement. But don't you think that goes for everbody.
----------------

Of course it does.......so if you tell me that YOU see color in stones below an F, I have to accept that YOU see what you see. That doesn't mean that EVERYONE sees color in stones less than F, and it doesn't make them "poor quality".

I don't know how to explain this difference any more clearly.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap this is just like a Tiffany thread !

I feel like good ole Jlim is back. Woo hoo!

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Canadiang,
Is it a crime to express one's opinion in Canada?
I don't think I'm the only one who feels that Tiffany style is set too high for certain people and their life style. And if they disagree.. that's their opinion and I respect that.
Why is it so hard for you to do the same. And why do you think your opinions are "absolute"?

p5r799

Rough_Rock
a,
I have no clue what you just said.
But everybody has their preference. You and mine are clearly different, and that to me is okay.

p5r799

Rough_Rock
I think folks were very tactful and factual in the information they gave. But when you continue to argue about facts and you're incorrect, then sure, people will dig in. If you say "a quarter is worth 10 cents" and I say "actually, it's not worth 10 cents, it's worth 25 cents", that's not persecuting you. It's giving correct information.

I gotta start spell checking and proof reading my typing other wise you guys will give me a complex.
rodent.gif

Continue to argue about??? I think that's what you guys are doing, no? Didn't I think someone for clarifying when to use wholesale and retail and asked the topic to be dropped? And guess who kept on coming back with more things to add?

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Mara,

Did I ever state that I doubted you?
I just think you guys are going overboard with the whole thing. And like I said to "A", someone clarified the difference, I thanked, and moved on but some people are having a hard time letting it go.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bored now. Will go back to looking up diamonds online and drooling.

rolleyes.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"Canadiang,
Is it a crime to express one's opinion in Canada?
I don't think I'm the only one who feels that Tiffany style is set too high for certain people and their life style. And if they disagree.. that's their opinion and I respect that.
Why is it so hard for you to do the same. And why do you think your opinions are "absolute"?"

My head hurts. Truly.

P, you're making my point exactly...I was pointing out that our difference of opinion on the setting was just that - an opinion, not a fact. I was trying to illustrate the difference between fact and opinion. Setting preference - opinion. Vendors cannot be wholesalers - fact. I never said my opinion was absolute and do not think this at at all. If you read the original thread, I emphasize that settings are all about preference. My preference is for a Tiffany style. Yours isn't. Neither opinion is more factual or absolute than the other.

Mother of God, the Xanax is failing me. All these years, and suddenly, it's not working. What next? she asks plaintively....

Relp.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/9/2004 5:08:41 PM p5r799 wrote:

a,
I have no clue what you just said.
But everybody has their preference. You and mine are clearly different, and that to me is okay.
----------------

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not.

I'll try again: Let's assume you utter the following two statements:

A) Tomatoes taste awful.

B) I THINK tomatoes taste awful.

The first statement is absolute and is factually WRONG. Tomatoes do not taste awful to everyone, so the statement is factually incorrect.

The second statement.....YOU think tomatoes taste awful.....isn't a factual statement, it's an opinion. Therefore, it cannot be right or wrong. It can be debated, sure....others may not agree with your opinion, but it cannot be wrong.

The first statement is factually WRONG.

Hopefully this better illustrates the difference.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Pardon me, PR.......while I'm typing a response, I don't stop to see if you have already answered WHILE I'M TYPING.

By the time my response goes in, I THEN notice yours.

I can't help it if the doo-doo is coming out faster than I can reply.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is pretty long but if I may add something on I1 at this late stage you might find interesting.

In the diamond trade there is an unofficial grading called “Bluff Stones” These very popular diamonds are usually cut to excellent proportions (increasing visual performance) of high color D-F with scattered colorless inclusions but graded I1. The I1 grading is a result of the large number of scattered colorless inclusions not the size of the inclusions. It is not uncommon for these “Bluff Stones” to be completely eye clean to the naked eye but visible under a loupe.
These diamonds represent excellent value if you are looking for a large low cost stone that looks good.
Possibly not the best stones to buy on the net, as they are not easy to describe in words.

Johan
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

p5r799

Rough_Rock
Do you guys know where I can find the HCA?? (is that right?)
And also, are the vendors suppose to provide you with the pictures that I see in the forums? If not, where do you get it? And does it only apply to the H&A diamonds?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mother of God, the Xanax is failing me. All these years, and suddenly, it's not working. What next? she asks plaintively....

cg, the possibilities are endless. Have you considered prozac, valium, zoloft, effexor, desipramine, wellbutrin?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results