shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst Looking Diamond EVER!

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Paul, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. Paul
    Rough_Rock

by Paul » Jun 11, 2001
    Hi everyone. [​IMG] Generally, I think of myself as quite a positive person, but I couldn't help posting this for everyone as an example of a diamond NEVER to buy. Granted, beauty is all in the eye of the beholder, but still...You be the judge. Is it even worth the $700 the jeweler is asking for it? [​IMG] It's a whopping 1.41 c. [​IMG]

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Jun 11, 2001
    Yuck!

3. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Jun 11, 2001
    Is it really diamond?

4. Paul
    Rough_Rock

by Paul » Jun 11, 2001
    Tonysgeko,I did not take the picture. I snagged it from a current Ebay online auction. Yes, that is right, this diamond is currently being listed on Ebay. Ummmm, don't you kind of think the picture, from a proverbial sense is "shooting the seller in the foot?" LOL! [​IMG]
    - Paul

5. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Jun 11, 2001
    I think this is one of those diamonds that is about 5% flawless. The rest, that's another story. It might make a good drill bit if the prong tips ever wear out.
    [​IMG]------------------
    David Atlas
    Accredited Gem Appraisers

6. tonysgeko
    Shiny_Rock

by tonysgeko » Jun 11, 2001
    Not even the best cut could save this stone, by the way this is the clearest photo showing a dimaond I have seen so far. How did you do it?

7. sma1213
    Rough_Rock

by sma1213 » Jul 1, 2001
    What's even the point? The scary thing is, they probably would't be selling it if there wasn't a fool out there who is going to buy it!

8. dimonbob
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by dimonbob » Jul 2, 2001
    I have a wholesale diamond friend that sells these type of diamond all the time and makes a good business of it.

I have never sold one this bad but there are a large number of them being sold to someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.