shape
carat
color
clarity

Worried About James Allen Purchase

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. I just realized that I neglected to say previously that I think it's a very pretty ring & so nicely proportioned for your finger!

I hope you are able to soon reach peace of mind, whatever you decide.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1423150313|3827751 said:
TYTY333---
Please reread her post.....she said it was appraised same color, clarity, etc, but the appraiser has it $25,000 higher than what she bought it for 20 years ago. So her ring is appraised by the insurance carrier from the values 20 years ago, not current market value. Hard to believe that it is the same price on the market as 20 years ago.

Yes, I understood it the way it was written.

Yes...She has chosen to keep her ring insured for what it was appraised for 20 years ago BECAUSE SHE CAN FIND SIMILAR STONES
FOR THAT PRICE NOW.

Most likely, 20 Years ago she got the highly over-inflated appraisal that will still cover the price of her stone in today's
market.

According to what heididdl said...
I looked on price scope tool and saw similar stones were selling at what i am currently insured at and I decided to keep it this way I don't want to pay over $1000 a year .

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1423179478|3828007 said:
WillyDiamond|1423150313|3827751 said:
TYTY333---
Please reread her post.....she said it was appraised same color, clarity, etc, but the appraiser has it $25,000 higher than what she bought it for 20 years ago. So her ring is appraised by the insurance carrier from the values 20 years ago, not current market value. Hard to believe that it is the same price on the market as 20 years ago.

Yes, I understood it the way it was written.

Yes...She has chosen to keep her ring insured for what it was appraised for 20 years ago BECAUSE SHE CAN FIND SIMILAR STONES
FOR THAT PRICE NOW.

Most likely, 20 Years ago she got the highly over-inflated appraisal that will still cover the price of her stone in today's
market.

According to what heididdl said...
I looked on price scope tool and saw similar stones were selling at what i am currently insured at and I decided to keep it this way I don't want to pay over $1000 a year .

If she can buy today the 3.66ct stone for the price she paid 20 years, please let me know the jeweler and I will buy a dozen of them.

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
WillyDiamond|1423188780|3828076 said:
If she can buy today the 3.66ct stone for the price she paid 20 years, please let me know the jeweler and I will buy a dozen of them.

Read read read.. Read it again.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My apologies to the OP, did not mean to high jack this thread.
I am done.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KobiD|1423192340|3828095 said:
WillyDiamond|1423188780|3828076 said:

Read read read.. Read it again.

Ditto to you! You seem not to be reading/acknowledging her statement that she "saw similar stones were selling at what i am currently insured at".

Which leads me to believe that her appraisal 20 years ago was over inflated.

Its not that she can BUY a 3.66 EC stone for the same price she paid 20 years ago...it's that she can buy a 3.66 EC today for what it was
APPRAISED FOR/INSURED FOR 20 years ago. Big difference.

Now she has a new appraisal that is $25k over inflated. She chooses not to pay insurance for the over-inflated amount because...
she "saw similar stones were selling at what i am currently insured at".

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I guess my only input is how do you feel about the ring after your experience with JA and the appraiser?
Does wearing it give you pleasure? If everything surrounding your purchase has tainted your feelings about the ring I'm not sure what the point is in keeping it.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333-
Whats with all those capital letters and bolding? (Screaming and yelling).
This is a forum of opinions.
I am sorry you are having a bad day, hope your weekend is a good one.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1423242330|3828339 said:
tyty333-
Whats with all those capital letters and bolding? (Screaming and yelling).
This is a forum of opinions.
I am sorry you are having a bad day, hope your weekend is a good one.

WillyDiamond
The bold and caps were used to emphasis points. No screaming or yelling. We'll have tO agree to disagree on this subject.
You have a good weekend too.
Tyty

newbie1234

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, I just bought a set from JA. I feel like I paid a fair price (didn't get a super deal, nor overpaid).. On the flip side though, I couldn't imagine shopping at B&M store and being able to research and read and compare diamond after diamond, specs after specs.. asking experts opinions online, punching in numbers on HCA tool... without having a sales person hanging around.. Ha ha.. even my husband looked at me funny, me with my glasses and note book.. multiple browsers open, back and forth comparing spinning diamonds, reading pages of thread on Pricescope. I feel like I'm a somewhat more informed customer this way.. probably better than somebody who just walks in a B&M store and asks the salesperson (more biased) opinions... I dunno...Or maybe I could've gotten better deal by buying, lets say, a costco ring, i dunno..

But I don't think its nice to write an article though, like you mentioned .. Because they have unconditional return policy. If you're not happy, just return it... They are a business too.. they have to make some profits to be able to pay their employees and stay in business... but I agree, it wasn't a deal , it was fair- I say... and I'm okay with that (I think) I have a month to think about it. :wink2:

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
newbie1234|1423437247|3829499 said:
.. even my husband looked at me funny, me with my glasses and note book.. multiple browsers open, back and forth comparing spinning diamonds, reading pages of thread on Pricescope.
Hahaha, Thank you for this, I'm going to have to show this to my fiancé who looks at me like I'm crazy!! At least I'm not alone in my adventure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results