shape
carat
color
clarity

Woohoo! Vintage Watch has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, lucky you!
I hope that your birthday comes quickly so you can get this beauty out of hiding!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 11:26:56 PM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 3/26/2009 6:50:21 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
UPDATE NO.2

I posted photos on a watch forum and have had some great advice. One guy has said that it''s a real American Hamilton and the records are available. The movement was made between 1931 and 1939 and there were 300,000 of this type of movement made. Another poster has said that he''s seen many Hamilton watches with the inscription LV on the inside. They''ve all said to leave the patina on the watch face alone (apparently it devalues the watch and once re-painted there''s no going back) and also to get it serviced.

If I find out anything more I''ll post up but in all honesty I was just curious about it!
Good Stuff!...I also wholeheartily agree...dont have any work done one the dial...it does devalue a watch....have you tried the watch site I recommended?Im sure they will be able to help with research...what watch site have you posted on?
Yes! They''ve been incredibly helpful. Thanks very much for pointing me in their direction.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 10:04:41 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
It is beautiful, lucky you!
I hope that your birthday comes quickly so you can get this beauty out of hiding!
Another two weeks
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s the website?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:25:32 AM
Author: jewelerman
The watch is a real stunner!Im thinkin that the watch is 1930s!The deco is very cool and interesting!I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO TO WWW.watchuseek.com and go to the vintage watch section and post a picture and the movement info....these guys are great to research the movement age for a poster....The watch should be appraised for replacement value and brought to an experianced watch/jewelry appraiser....many certified appraisers have zero experiance or backround in properly appraising a timepiece, its movement, rarity, and exact era of manufacture...more then just the metal weight and diamond quailty are considered.Hamilton is a great American watch company and well respected amoung watch collectors.Good purchase.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sir!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy late Birthday, Loving Diamonds!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Uh - ah - yes, good point!

Happy birthday, LovingDiamonds!

Now can we get a wrist shot, please?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet of you both to remember - thank you!

Actually, it''s my birthday tomorrow so only one more sleep to wait!!! I''ll then be happy to oblige with some wrist shots OMC!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wrist shots as promised ............

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!! It sparkles a lot for such tiny stones. It''s just beautiful.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Agreed, don''t let anyone touch the dial or replace the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results