shape
carat
color
clarity

Woo Hoo Alexandrite Bracelet is here.........

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!! :love: So happy your new treasure arrived safe and sound. It looks amazing on your wrist.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Never seen one before and the color shift is cool. It looks a treat on your wrist! Wear it in health and with a great deal of pleasure (I can relate, wandering room to room admiring stones in varied lighting).

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s goegeous Bron! Congratulations!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
514D5AF6-5F13-4D34-8104-A36045E1A7CF.jpeg 84BC1000-9238-4A5F-ACC4-136D0D49BEFC.jpeg Here are two on the wrist. It’s supposed to be a birthday present (21 July) hee hee.

LOVE the bracelet @Bron357 and we are birthday twinsies! :appl:

Happy early bday! :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful! What a stupendous find... :appl::appl::appl:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!! Congratulations--I'm so very happy for you!:clap::dance:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Bron, a great find!!!

How about a shot with one of your other terrific finds, that beautiful emerald ring? I bet they will go well together. And if you could maybe squeeze those opal earrings into the shot, and perhaps a ruby or two....wouldn't that be grand! =)2

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning bracelet, beautiful alexandrites with such a strong colour change. What a pleasant surprise it must have been to get it sooner than expected. Happy upcoming birthday! =)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOW!!! That is incredible!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KUDOS on finding yourself such a happy, Happy Birthday present!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday @Bron357 - can’t think of anyone who deserves a gorgeously sparkly pressie like this more!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow..what an amazing piece..congratulations!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 - I stopped back hoping for more pics. Would you be so good as to post some more of this stunning beauty? When you have time of course.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing bracelet Bron, what a find!

BigC

Rough_Rock
Premium
WOWOWOW!! That's amazing!!! That a great find, lucky you!! Sometimes you find treasures other may not know they have! I think I remember seeing it listed :) What a stunning piece of jewelry!!
CONGRATS!!!

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!! Congratulations and happy early birthday to you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great. Simply amazing. My favorite stone.

Gorgeous piece.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So happy for you, Bron :) Your karma for being a really good person has come back to reward you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just back from a fine jewellery auction viewing, not that I have any money to spend, but you know.....
The lady behind the counter ie supposedly someone who knows about gems and jewellery, admired my “emerald and diamond” bracelet. I told her they were Alexandrites and she asked what are they?
“Color change gems, the stones will go purple / red under incandescent light” I told her
She looked at me as if I was a crazy person - “no way” she said.
“I can show you if you like” I said knowing they have incandescent lighting in their bathroom. Off to the “Ladies” we go.
“OMG OMG totally freaky, they change colour! That’s like magic”.
She then goes back to the jewellery viewing section and I wander off.
Ten minutes later I’m now downstairs looking at the furniture and bric a brac (it’s an auction house so they run multiple auctions) and a guy comes up to me. I recognize him, he’s “Head of Jewellery” - “may I have a look at your Alexandrite bracelet”. I oblige of course.
“Wow, now thats a rarity, I’ve only seen a few in my career and when my colleague said she’d just seen her first Alexandrites in a bracelet, I wanted to see for myself”.
I take it off for him so he’s louping it (can’t help himself I guess) as my husband joins me.
“I thought you said the bracelet was stuck on your wrist” he says - it’s not my birthday until Saturday week so that was my excuse!
Sprung :naughty:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
62D33590-F587-44D0-A6B5-5615101F01EA.jpeg 99A4F189-D3B6-4AF1-AA8B-4687DA67F494.jpeg
What a great story @Bron357 ! It's such a gorgeous piece!
They are having a Natural Science / mineral specimen auction next week. I wanted to see the Aquamarine piece. It’s huge and breathingly beautiful, but the estimate is a mere “$12,000 to $18,000”! Dreaming I think!
They have some Herkimer diamonds I’m keen on (type of quartz). Plus a heap of stuffed animals (NOT interested)
Lawsons.com.au - check it out.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told her they were Alexandrites and she asked what are they?
“Color change gems, the stones will go purple / red under incandescent light” I told her
It really makes you wonder how some people who are in the jewelry business can be so uninformed!
Imagine---you had to EXPLAIN alexandrites to a person behind the jewelry counter. :eek2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Just back from a fine jewellery auction viewing, not that I have any money to spend, but you know.....
The lady behind the counter ie supposedly someone who knows about gems and jewellery, admired my “emerald and diamond” bracelet. I told her they were Alexandrites and she asked what are they?
“I can show you if you like” I said knowing they have incandescent lighting in their bathroom. Off to the “Ladies” we go.
“OMG OMG totally freaky, they change colour! That’s like magic”.
She then goes back to the jewellery viewing section and I wander off.
Ten minutes later I’m now downstairs looking at the furniture and bric a brac (it’s an auction house so they run multiple auctions) and a guy comes up to me. I recognize him, he’s “Head of Jewellery” - “may I have a look at your Alexandrite bracelet”. I oblige of course.
“Wow, now thats a rarity, I’ve only seen a few in my career and when my colleague said she’d just seen her first Alexandrites in a bracelet, I wanted to see for myself”.
I take it off for him so he’s louping it (can’t help himself I guess) as my husband joins me.
“I thought you said the bracelet was stuck on your wrist” he says - it’s not my birthday until Saturday week so that was my excuse!
Sprung :naughty:

I guess we should feel relieved that the head of jewellery at least knows what alexandrite is. You've kindly added to his gemstone education! Also, if he was a smart guy, he'd ask what else you have in your stash :mrgreen2:.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely stunning piece, Bron! It looks even more beautiful on your wrist! I know you will enjoy watching its colors change in the light. Simply amazing!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you kidding me?:shock::eek-2::shock: GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Bron on such an incredible find. It's spectacular and looks lovely on your wrist. Wear it in good health and happiness.

Too funny about the jewellery professional who didn't know about Alexandrite - but then again it's only a "semi precious gemstone" :lol:. Sorry, couldn't resist - the old terms just slay me.

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow this bracelet is just beautiful Bron! :love: I have never seen Alexandrites myself but your bracelet makes me want one - now! The color change is truly magical like the silly auction lady said.

Can I ask you if the ebay seller listed the stones as Alexandrites or did you just happen to stumble upon it? What an amazing find!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow this bracelet is just beautiful Bron! :love: I have never seen Alexandrites myself but your bracelet makes me want one - now! The color change is truly magical like the silly auction lady said.

Can I ask you if the ebay seller listed the stones as Alexandrites or did you just happen to stumble upon it? What an amazing find!
I did in fact “stumble across it” while looking for a white gold diamond tennis bracelet. It popped up as an “alternative” to look at. I was very surprised. I’ve been buying on eBay nearly 15 years and honestly this was the first, proper colour change Alexandrite bracelet I’ve seen.
Alexandrites on eBay are either the Indian type which isn’t the same colour change, weak colour change or highly included. That’s not including the dozens of synthetic Alex that is on offer!
It was listed accurately as Alexandrite by a business seller but not everyone is looking for Alexandrite on eBay during that 9 day auction window nor necessarily comfortable with “newer” sellers and no certification. I was almost convinced it would go for a price well beyond my limit but was pleasantly surprised.
If you’re keen to try your luck on eBay, stick with business sellers (even if new) and you must see photos of both the daylight (green to teal colour) and incandescent (purple to red). Sometimes Alex’s look good in daylight but don’t properly change in incandescent light.
No Alexandrite is ever purple or purple blue in daylight, only synthetic ones are.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a good eye, Bron! Your knowledge got you a great find! It is wonderful you know how to spot the real gems among the fakes (and low quality). Enjoy!

:read: :appl:

Aino

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I did in fact “stumble across it” while looking for a white gold diamond tennis bracelet. It popped up as an “alternative” to look at. I was very surprised. I’ve been buying on eBay nearly 15 years and honestly this was the first, proper colour change Alexandrite bracelet I’ve seen.
Alexandrites on eBay are either the Indian type which isn’t the same colour change, weak colour change or highly included. That’s not including the dozens of synthetic Alex that is on offer!
It was listed accurately as Alexandrite by a business seller but not everyone is looking for Alexandrite on eBay during that 9 day auction window nor necessarily comfortable with “newer” sellers and no certification. I was almost convinced it would go for a price well beyond my limit but was pleasantly surprised.
If you’re keen to try your luck on eBay, stick with business sellers (even if new) and you must see photos of both the daylight (green to teal colour) and incandescent (purple to red). Sometimes Alex’s look good in daylight but don’t properly change in incandescent light.
No Alexandrite is ever purple or purple blue in daylight, only synthetic ones are.

You have such a wealth of knowledge Bron! I recently visited a lovely little shop that sells pre-loved jewelry pieces with my mother. The owner had been working in the field for over 40 years and it truly showed. My mum thinks that even if a youngster would try to learn everything from online, books, whatever, she/he will never appear the same. The experience brings an unrivaled confidence and knowledge. It's different to read about jewelry of the past than actually living through that period of time and learning on the go. This woman started reminiscing about her work, the different decades, makers and styles. Sadly however, for her, more and more people are buying from online in her town and she's being slowly forced out of business. I hope she embraces the new era and brings her wealth of knowledge to the online world and shares her wisdom to an even wider audience than she does now - like you do here. I apologize for my ramblings but you reminded me of her and her stories. All I wanted to say is: thank you for sharing your wisdom with me and the PS community, once again. Perhaps there is a genuine alexandrite waiting for me in the eBay Jungle - at least now I know what to look for :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results