shape
carat
color
clarity

Woman eats 22,000 cal/day in goal to reach one ton

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the human body can continue functioning if it weighs 2000 pounds, but that is this woman's goal.
Can a heart even pump blood through all that mass?
This Arizona mom says she feels sexier, healthier and gets more attention from men as her weight goes up.

She says, " I want to break the stigma that being fat is a bad thing."

SNIP:
A MODEL who claims to be the world's fattest mum wants to keep bingeing until she weighs a TON.
Obese Susanne Eman — who weighs 52st — gets her kids to help her fill six shopping trolleys with food whenever they go to the supermarket.

And she said she has upped her gargantuan intake to see if she can become the world's heaviest woman in history.

The mammoth mum of two — whose sons accompany her on eight-hour shopping trips for food — says she wants to reach at least 115st, or 1600lbs, by gorging on 21,000 calories a day.
Susanne, 32, from Arizona, USA, said: "I'd love to find out if it's humanly possible to reach a ton."
She even plans to increase the amount she eats to keep gaining weight.

Susanne's daily food intake:

Breakfast
6 x eggs scrambled, cooked in butter 468 cals
1/2 pound bacon 1,168 cals
4 x potatoes as hash browns 672 cals
6 x pieces toast with butter 600 cals
32 ounce cream shake 1,160 cals

Snacking
1 x bag of animal cookies 1,950 cals
2litre bottle of soft drink 800 cals
1 x 10.5 ounce bag of barbecue flavour crisps 1,650 cals
3 x ham and cheese sandwiches 1,576 cals

Lunch
3 x beef, bean and green chilli burritos with 1 x cup of sour cream 1,453 cals
Salad (1 head lettuce, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup carrots, 1 cucumber, 1/2 cup
ranch dressing, bacon bits, 1 cup crumbled cheese, 1 cup chicken 1,479 cals

Dinner
12 x filled tacos + 1 x cup sour cream 4,906 cals
2litre bottle of soda 800 cals

Dessert
8 x scoops vanilla ice cream 2,080 cals
1 x small pan of brownies 1,200 cals

Total 21,962 calories

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3757881/Worlds-fattest-mum-vows-I-want-to-weigh-one-ton.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Woman eats 21,000 calorie/day in goal to reach one ton

That is amazing...in so many ways. :knockout:

I wish I could eat mass quantities of whatever I wanted...however, I'd be full for the entire day after eating the 6 scrambled eggs for breakfast.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Woman eats 21,000 calorie/day in goal to reach one ton

I'm somewhat speechless over this. I'm thinking there's something wrong with her mentally. This is not normal, and very unfair to her children. She's risking her life for attention, very bizarre.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
And how is she able to afford all the food? I would imagine she can't move around comfortably enough to go to a job...

ETA: oh I see that she models for websites. But still, all that food must cost a fortune.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I guess she's willing to do anything for her 15 minutes, even if it entails eating herself into an early grave and leaving her 2 kids without a mother.

People vary.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1313623747|2992942 said:
People vary.

Yup!
IQ sure does vary.

As to where the money comes from . . .
She said she cannot work so either she's rich, supported by other(s) or is on public assistance in which case you and I are paying for her "diet" and her medical bills.

I assume you can't use food stamps to pay for cigarettes or alcohol - I wonder if there should be some kind of limit on calories per human.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1313623902|2992947 said:
thing2of2|1313623747|2992942 said:
People vary.

Yup!
IQ sure does vary.

As to where the money comes from . . .
She said she cannot work so either she's rich or is on public assistance in which case you and I are paying for her "diet" and her medical bills.

Truer words were never spoken! ;))

And apparently she's a model, most likely for BBW sites, so I assume that's how she affords all the food.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a BBW?
Is that another German luxury car?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's now 728 pounds.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/food-and-nutrition/728-pound-susanne-eman-eating-her-way-1600-pounds

An Arizona woman who already weighs a whopping 728 pounds is on a quest to eat her way to 1,600 pounds, although doctors say she could be dead before she reaches her bizarre goal.

According to a report in the Daily Mail, 32-year-old Susanne Eman used to struggle with her weight just like so many other Americans.

"Two years ago I hit (nearly 500 pounds) because I was losing my battle against weight gain," she said.

But then the damnest thing happened.

"I noticed I actually started attracting more men, and it made me feel good."

Eman is a growing number of "Super Size Big Beautiful Women" (SSBBW) who feel and think they look better as their weight increases. So they just don't stop.

In Eman's case, she is downing some 20,000 calories per day in an effort to reach her 1,600 pound goal, which would make her the fattest person in history. And after that?

"I'd love to find out if it's humanly possible to reach a ton," she said.

But it's unlikely the single mother of two will live that long.

"She's really playing Russian roulette with her life with this goal," her physician Dr. Patrick Flite said. "There are well-documented complications that come with morbid obesity. I would never encourage anyone to be doing what Susanne is doing."

But Eman is undeterred.

"I want to break the stigma that being fat is a bad thing," she said. "I remind other fat people that it is OK for them to be that way. The message I want to get across is for people to accept others for who they are."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly struggle with that last paragraph.
There IS a lot of discrimination against heavier people.

I know several people who think they are perfectly PC who have no hesitation whatsoever about telling friends and family members that they should loose weight - or gossiping behind their backs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313624096|2992952 said:
What is a BBW?
Is that another German luxury car?
a BIG BIG WOMAN.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
She very clearly has a psychological issue and its really sad...

There was another woman who was also recently on the news, that had the same goal in mind. Finally, she realized that this was much bigger than just wanting to change what people think of the obese. Thankfully, for her children she is now seeking help.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313624725|2992963 said:
There IS a lot of discrimination against overweight people.

Kenny....up until 10 years ago, I was clinically obese. Struggled with weight all my life, due in part to genetics no doubt, but also due to growing up in poverty and eating an unhealthy diet of cheap filler-type foods. And to top that off, I was raped, twice, by family members before the age of 10. One coping mechanism to make myself unattractive to men was to eat myself fat. I know what it's like to be discriminated against because of weight, ignored, treated as though my intellect was deficient and worse. While I have conquered the demons that drove and sustained the weight gain for so long, the legacy for being obese for me is arthritis and lots of pain in all the joints from the hips down to the toes. I used food as a palliative for many emotional and psychological issues. It didn't work.

This woman offends me to the core. If she is psychologically and emotionally normal and has no underlying medical condition contributing to weight gain, she should be denied public assistance and medical care if she is unable to pay for it. She should lose custody of her children. And lastly, she should be dropped into the middle of a Somalian refugee camp for a nice dose of reality.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313624725|2992963 said:
There IS a lot of discrimination against heavier people.

I know several people who think they are perfectly PC who have no hesitation whatsoever about telling friends and family members that they should loose weight - or gossiping behind their backs.

Kenny, I'm not buying that her reason for doing this is to prove that it's ok to be heavy and that people should accept others as they are. She's already extremely heavy, why does she need to go to 2000 pounds to make her point? It doesn't make any sense, and to me it shows that she just wants the publicity and attention (even if it's negative). To me, accepting someone for who they are and what this woman is doing are two separate issues. To risk leaving your children motherless is inexcusable. And to abuse her body in this way is also inexcusable. Let's remember that she is purposely trying to gain as much weight as she possibly can. It defies logic and is incomprehensible to me. IMO she's not proving anything by taking a risk like this.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm certainly not defending what she is doing.

I just think the weight of friends and family is none of my business.
I do not suggest to anyone I know that they lose weight.
I also do not comment when friends, family or coworkers lose weight - it doesn't matter how much I love the person.
It is a sensitive topic for many people so I keep my mouth shut about it with people I know personally.

This however is a discussion forum, and this is an amazing story that is in the news.

BTW, not that it has anything to do with anything but I also struggle with my weight.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata,
I am so very sorry... I agree with much of what you said.

The true tragedy to all of this is that no one is saying NO!!! SHE has children for goodness sakes. What will happen to them?? Can you imagine their loss?? I know this came from a UK tabloid, and take a bit of that with a grain of salt. Sorry to my UK friends, but this tabloid is known for a ton of pot stirring...

I hope she gets therapy, and into an excersise program. I pray her kids get therapy as well. I can't imagine going to show and tell and saying my Mum's goal is to reach one ton...

I think this world is crazy. That's all. :blackeye:

I need to read the good news thread more often... :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody can tell her to not eat.
So parents should not be allowed to smoke, because their kids may end up without a parent?
How about riding a motorcycle or rock climbing?
Government regulation of parental behavior is a slippery slope.

This woman is tragic, and I feel for her.
Maybe this news story will be a catalyst for others to seek help.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What she is doing is to the extreme and there lies the difference.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1313628187|2992988 said:
What she is doing is to the extreme and there lies the difference.

Agreed, but at what weight does the government draw the line, install police officers in the kitchen to limit her food intake, or arrest her?
700 lbs?
600 lbs?
500 lbs?
400 lbs?
300 lbs?
200 lbs?

(Arresting this single mom probably wouldn't be good for her kids either.)
Maybe they could make some helmet contraption that locks onto her head that counts the calories and locks out food when she's eaten her allowed amount.

Can people without kids go on welfare and eat their way up to a ton and bill taxpayers for the medical bills - all becuase they are not leaving any children orphaned?

Controlling this woman's food intake is just not workable, with or without kids.

You are right, nobody is telling this woman, NO!
But how exactly would that to be accomplished? and should it?
Freedom and liberty over what goes into our mouths is a pretty fundamental right.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny,
Clearly I have no clue. The government shouldn't be a big bro... I guess it's her wish , and she will do as she pleases.

I don't know what family she has, but would hope they could be supportive in sending her in the right direction.

Again, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink...

But I do hope someone that is near and dear to her , helps her .

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313627464|2992985 said:
Nobody can tell her to not eat.
So parents should not be allowed to smoke, because their kids may end up without a parent?
How about riding a motorcycle or rock climbing?
Government regulation of parental behavior is a slippery slope.

This woman is tragic, and I feel for her.
Maybe this news story will be a catalyst for others to seek help.

Obviously, people can't be told what to do and what not to do as long as it's legal. Obviously people can do what they want. I'm not advocating government regulation. Heck, even her doctor isn't really trying to stop her from doing this. I'm advocating that parents use some common sense. I'm advocating that parents make sensible choices, because when they make the decision to have a child they become responsible for the welfare of another human being, and to be there for that child. But yeah, I'm going out on a limb here and saying that parents shouldn't smoke or engage in extremely dangerous behavior. Everyone has to live their lives - I have to drive, a potential risk, my husband has to fly in airplanes for business - but to purposely engage in dangerous behavior like this is not right. Am I being judgmental? Yeah, I guess I am but it's how I feel.

ETA: And yes, the bottom line is this woman can't be forced to stop eating. Hopefully, family and friends can help her see that what she is doing is unhealthy for her, and for her kids as well. A tragic, bizarre situation.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think reporting her to CPS might be appropriate, but I'm even torn on that.

Maybe reporting her is wise, because it is up to CPS whether to intervene or not.
Perhaps endangering herself IS endangering her kids so they should be removed now. (not good for the kids but maybe better than watching mom slowly suicide via cake mix.)

IMHO any action taken should be the careful call of professionals and be all about the kids, not about the mother.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm upset by this story because I watched a documentary about a man who weighed I think in the vicinity of 1000 pounds and he was bedridden, needed to have nurses come in and give him sponge baths - he basically couldn't function. And if this woman continues with her weight gain, she's headed for the same fate. If she reaches that point, the kids might be removed from the home.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really sad, and a bit gross. Why anyone would want to do that to themselves is beyond me. The difficulties that that
much weight poses to daily life is just incredible. Not being able to get out of the house or drive a car or get a hug...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if there is any food left for her children? But then again they are too busy tending to her to eat. Spending 8 hours at the grocery store is a full day's work!! Do you think they get a lunch break?

Is this story for real? Or is she hoping for a reality show?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
what????????????????? :shock:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1313631365|2993024 said:
I wonder if there is any food left for her children? But then again they are too busy tending to her to eat. Spending 8 hours at the grocery store is a full day's work!! Do you think they get a lunch break?

Is this story for real? Or is she hoping for a reality show?

I'd say yes to both. I really think she's serious about gaining as much weight as she possibly can. And clearly she's seeking attention and publicity.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
She knows that she is deviant from the norm. The headlining on her campaign for fame and such is just an excuse and/or her objective.

A lot of people mention that her family should help her. They are. They buy her the food that she wants. And they watch her slowly kill herself. That choice is being made every day.

Perhaps the lesson she will give to everyone will be when/if she proves science right and destroys herself in her quest. Who knows.

I think this is one of the stupidest things ever. But ask me on a different day and it would probably be something else.

You can't blame the media though, and I feel bad for anyone who is offended by this woman's campaign. The media's job is just to sell stories. People love to gawk at the weird and obscure and senseless. It has been that way for ages.

Personally I'm trying to lose weight right now, but it is primarily for aesthetic reasons, and also for long term health reasons. I don't feel much about this woman one way or other. I can't identify enough with her to feel anything other than a vague sense of pity.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1313627181|2992980 said:
BTW, not that it has anything to do with anything but I also struggle with my weight.

Kenny, sometimes I struggle to eat. Today I had a thin toasted bagel with cream cheese. Right now I'm drinking some grapefruit juice. Seeing her lists for breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner, seriously makes me not want to eat tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results