clarity

Woman eats 22,000 cal/day in goal to reach one ton

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Her kids look real happy.

biglady.gif

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
This makes me feel sad. It can't be physically healthy for her, or emotionally healthy for her kids. :nono:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1313644201|2993145 said:
Her kids look real happy.

Her one child looks like he may be heading in the same direction as her...sigh.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Is it possible to attend to personal hygiene?

susanne3.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ridiculous and far beyond unhealthy. I predict she might have about 5-10 years of life left if she keeps going like this, and she'll die of a heart attack or stroke, complications of diabetes, or infection starting in one of the skin folds and spreading. I agree with those who said that the government handouts enabling her to live this way should be cut off. It's one thing to have a weight problem that's hard to control. It's something else entirely to eat over 10x the recommended daily limit of calories with the intention of becoming the world's heaviest person. Our tax dollars are supporting her slow suicide.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1313650355|2993191 said:
Ridiculous and far beyond unhealthy. I predict she might have about 5-10 years of life left if she keeps going like this, and she'll die of a heart attack or stroke, complications of diabetes, or infection starting in one of the skin folds and spreading. I agree with those who said that the government handouts enabling her to live this way should be cut off. It's one thing to have a weight problem that's hard to control. It's something else entirely to eat over 10x the recommended daily limit of calories with the intention of becoming the world's heaviest person. Our tax dollars are supporting her slow suicide.

I hate assuming but honestly, she probably already has atherosclerosis going on....hypertension....the list goes on.

Colltee

Rough_Rock
I read about this story here in Oz this morning, she is repulsive and it's sickening how she is playing with her own life in such a flaunting manner, she is also clearly highly ignorant and dare I say – thick. She shouldn't have custody of those kids - what's she's doing to them is a form of child abuse.

I was disgusted reading the entire article. The photos of her in an electric wheelchair doing her '6 full carts' of weekly grocery shopping with a smug, pathetic grin on her face whilst her two miserable looking sons stood behind her, was depressing. She's clearly f***ed in the head, to think of the amount of children and adults starving in this world right now and she sees stuffing her face every day with enough food to fee a family or 4 for a week as some sort of 'attractive/sexual' feature and achievement is offensive. To have a goal to be that big is one of the most saddening and frankly sick notions I have ever heard of.

jstarfireb|1313650355|2993191 said:

I might get flamed for this but in my opinion let her kill herself by eating herself to death. She clearly has zero respect for human life. The money she's scrounging off the government and you US tax payers to pay be obscene food bills should possibly be better spent on a person - or let's face it - 3+ people, who are sick (or starving) and want (and appreciate) a chance of life... If her kids were put into the care of a person/s with a basic understanding of human health, they too will get a better shot of fulfilling a decent and long-lasting life.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that I am utterly fascinated?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is just sad . . . :blackeye:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1313629062|2992994 said:
kenny|1313627464|2992985 said:
Nobody can tell her to not eat.
So parents should not be allowed to smoke, because their kids may end up without a parent?
How about riding a motorcycle or rock climbing?
Government regulation of parental behavior is a slippery slope.

This woman is tragic, and I feel for her.
Maybe this news story will be a catalyst for others to seek help.

Obviously, people can't be told what to do and what not to do as long as it's legal. Obviously people can do what they want. I'm not advocating government regulation. Heck, even her doctor isn't really trying to stop her from doing this. I'm advocating that parents use some common sense. I'm advocating that parents make sensible choices, because when they make the decision to have a child they become responsible for the welfare of another human being, and to be there for that child. But yeah, I'm going out on a limb here and saying that parents shouldn't smoke or engage in extremely dangerous behavior. Everyone has to live their lives - I have to drive, a potential risk, my husband has to fly in airplanes for business - but to purposely engage in dangerous behavior like this is not right. Am I being judgmental? Yeah, I guess I am but it's how I feel.

ETA: And yes, the bottom line is this woman can't be forced to stop eating. Hopefully, family and friends can help her see that what she is doing is unhealthy for her, and for her kids as well. A tragic, bizarre situation.

Go ahead, BE judgemental. This woman is a perfect example of tolerance taken too far. You're right...we can't regulate all behavior via government, but we damn sure used to regulate it by shared mores, community pressure and JUDGEMENT. As I get older and see the breakdown of society all in the name of being "nonjudgemental", I begin to see the value of social pressure, finally. When I balance this woman's potential psychic pain at being judged, against the pain she will probably cause to others (children, family, public bills for her care), I find her pain not to hold up in the balance.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
She makes me sick. There are so many people who, because of genuine illness will not live to see their children grow up and would give anything to do so. This self obsessed, narcissistic fool is throwing it all away, the emotional damage she is causing her children must be huge. She is no better than a heroin addict.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
If I were her doctor, I'd feel obligated to explain to her every last risk, right down to the utterly disgusting ones. I do think she should be reported, and the children removed, how fair is this to them? 8 Hour shopping trips for mom's food?

She disgusts me.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me of those people who are constantly modifying their body of self esteem or body perception issues, except she is doing it with food. Maybe there are men who find that attractive/turn on. But why would she want to look attractive for someone who obviously has absolutely no concern her health/well being? It also reminds me of an alcoholic who turns the bend and decides they will not not stop drinking and in fact goes full throttle killing themselves with alcohol (I've seen this happen). Except she is doing it with food. If she has no regard for herself, I'd hope she would have some consideration for her children. At the very least get her legal papers in order and have discussions of who will be guardian of her kids if/when she is not around to take care of them.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
This epitomizes the worst in American culture. It's despicable.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1313648702|2993182 said:

I'm freaked out that this picture of her even exists! I understand that she's a model, but really, who has pictures of themselves standing around their house with no pants, let alone puts them on the internet? She has found a very unhealthy way to get attention. Its just sad.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl said:

I'm freaked out that this picture of her even exists! I understand that she's a model, but really, who has pictures of themselves standing around their house with no pants, let alone puts them on the internet? She has found a very unhealthy way to get attention. Its just sad.

It occurs to me that there might be a bikini bottom under there somewhere . . . :shock:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1313683597|2993412 said:
chemgirl said:
It occurs to me that there might be a bikini bottom under there somewhere . . . :shock:

That reminds me of a funny scene in a comedy my SO told me about.
I looked for a Youtube link, but no luck.

Eddie Murphy plays the character of Rasputia, an obese woman. (That's him below.)
She is approached by the employee of a swimming pool and told she has to put on a bottom.

Rasputia lifts up her junk to reveal her bikini bottom.
As I've said before, I feel we are all funny, every one of us.

rasputia.png

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
She's crazy. Must be.

She needs a rubber room, controlled portions and calories, a treadmill, massive amounts of therapy.

Then, and only then, after she loses A LOT of weight, and changes her thinking, should she get her children back.

Yes, I'm saying that her children need to be taken away. She's abusing them. Making them accomplices to her 'goal'. And they get to watch her kill herself. She's a horrible woman. Or she's completely nuts. Either way, the kids deserve better.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm curious as to who is cleaning in between the folds of skin??

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1313692290|2993549 said:

I would guess the same lucky guys who do the paperwork for her in the bathroom.
Her teenage boys.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1313682605|2993403 said:

:-o What they said!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Lottie UK|1313675165|2993312 said:
She makes me sick. There are so many people who, because of genuine illness will not live to see their children grow up and would give anything to do so. This self obsessed, narcissistic fool is throwing it all away, the emotional damage she is causing her children must be huge. She is no better than a heroin addict.

This.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
part gypsy|1313680727|2993381 said:
It also reminds me of an alcoholic who turns the bend and decides they will not not stop drinking and in fact goes full throttle killing themselves with alcohol (I've seen this happen). Except she is doing it with food.
My grandfather did this, with food. He had heart disease, and had a heart attack. He was told to change his diet, and he forced my poor grandmother to feed him as poorly as possible. He confided in a family friend that he couldn't take the daily pain that was a result of his hard life, and committed suicide by food. I was 1 1/2, and have no memories of him.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1313692290|2993549 said:

Eeeeeeewwwwww! Can you imagine what a horrible job that would be?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You know, after seeing her photo, I'm feeling so much better about myself. :bigsmile:

I'm feeling merely 'fluffy' by comparison. Actually, I am only fluffy by comparison! :wink2:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I feel badly for her kids. She seems to have some serious issues if all she cares about is the male attention she is getting and ignoring the health risks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results