shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink CZ "Cartier" cushion cut

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've been trying to put together a "travel ring," and since I'm a size whore, I wanted it to be close to the size of my rings I wear now. Caysie got me an antique cut harro gem. I had high hopes, but could tell IMMEDIATELY when I opened the box that it was fake. It was too "pastel" and had almost a plastic look to it, so I returned it. I searched around and found some forums and people raved about wink's cz's. Because he is no longer cutting them, stock is VERY low. I wanted an old mine or something similar to an AVC and I called Melissa.

Wink and Melissa are amazing, BTW. A joy to work with. She went through the remaining stock and told me she had a 9x11 cartier cut in light yellow. She sent me a link to a video of one and mailed it out the same day. When I got this stone, I was blown away. It looks exactly like a diamond. It performs like a diamond, it feels like a diamond. It's going to make a really great travel ring and I might even wear it out now and again because it's so stunning.

The stone looks to be about an O/P color. I am going to set it in this jewelryhoo in 18k yellow gold (18k was only $60 more) solitaire setting.

s-l1600.jpg

So here are the pics. I will upload a video to youtube soon too. Because the video is amazing- just ask DS!:lol:

IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3888 2.JPG IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3903.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love: Oh my!! That is gorgeous!!

That yellow is yummy!! And I love the setting you chose.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omigosh that's beautiful soxfan! Holy smokes it looks like a natural antique diamond - The setting is perfect too! Looking forward to seeing it finished and on your hand.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that's one beautiful travel stone! I LOVE the colour. I just had a sneaky look but they seem to only have squarer cushions and the elongated shape of yours is so flattering on the hand - blast!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soxfan- congratulations to your nice stone! I'm curious, how it's gonna look after its set.
Not to hijack your thread, but I've also ordered an old cushion cut stone from JYB. Mind is not Harro, but JYB. Basically it is how you have described it, a little bit too white and plasticy. I haven't returned, because I live in Europe, and it would have been too much trouble, but I rarely wear it.
My biggest problem with it is that it's a dirt magnet, and I only like it somewhat if it's perfectly clean.

But lesson learned, I have to wait for a real one!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan- congratulations to your nice stone! I'm curious, how it's gonna look after its set.
Not to hijack your thread, but I've also ordered an old cushion cut stone from JYB. Mind is not Harro, but JYB. Basically it is how you have described it, a little bit too white and plasticy. I haven't returned, because I live in Europe, and it would have been too much trouble, but I rarely wear it.
My biggest problem with it is that it's a dirt magnet, and I only like it somewhat if it's perfectly clean.

But lesson learned, I have to wait for a real one!

Sell it on LT! Those sell very quickly on there! CZ has to be clean to sparkle, too...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is TRULY lovely!! Now *I* must go check out Wink's cz's :roll2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call Melissa, they have more in stock than they have listed on their site.
Done. 7.5x7.5 colorless Cartier cut is coming my way :dance:. I wanted something smaller than my e-ring for times I'm traveling and might not feel as safe wearing the real diamond (but still want SOME bling, not just the wedding bands).

Thanks for the info!

Now to find a setting.... :think:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done. 7.5x7.5 colorless Cartier cut is coming my way :dance:. I wanted something smaller than my e-ring for times I'm traveling and might not feel as safe wearing the real diamond (but still want SOME bling, not just the wedding bands).

Thanks for the info!

Now to find a setting.... :think:

I love this cut. It's amazing. I took it to a jeweler today to see if they had any estate settings with cheap stones in them I could pop out and put this one in. The owner said it looked 100% real.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this cut. It's amazing. I took it to a jeweler today to see if they had any estate settings with cheap stones in them I could pop out and put this one in. The owner said it looked 100% real.
That's a great idea. I don't want to spend a lot since it's just a travel ring, but I don't want it to look cheap either.

Btw, so glad you knew how to spot a fake harro!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great idea. I don't want to spend a lot since it's just a travel ring, but I don't want it to look cheap either.

Btw, so glad you knew how to spot a fake harro!

People here have had great luck with jewelerhoo on eBay. VERY reasonable. This stone is so beautiful, I will definitely wear it out on occasion too!

Did you have Wink heat it? They can heat it to bring the color down to an H-I....

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People here have had great luck with jewelerhoo on eBay. VERY reasonable. This stone is so beautiful, I will definitely wear it out on occasion too!

Did you have Wink heat it? They can heat it to bring the color down to an H-I....

No, I didn't. Do you think it's worth it?

And thanks for the eBay recommendation. I'll check them out!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I didn't. Do you think it's worth it?

And thanks for the eBay recommendation. I'll check them out!

You can get it and see if you like it colorless. If you want to get it a couple grades lower, you can heat it yourself in an oven. It's easy. IF they haven't mailed and you can contact them tomorrow, they do heat them for like $25?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a good plan :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOT the heck o rama! GORGEOUS! Who knew?:lol-2::appl:

cheers--Sharon

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Alas, that was the very last elongated Cartier we had in stock. Once in a blue moon you can find one on the bistro, but we won't be getting any more CZs in. What we have is it, and when they're gone they're gone forever.

FYI: we heat enhance the colorless stones only, when a client prefers a warmer stone. We can only go as warm with a colorless stone as about a G-H color. We never heat the colored stones like light yellow.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas, that was the very last elongated Cartier we had in stock. Once in a blue moon you can find one on the bistro, but we won't be getting any more CZs in. What we have is it, and when they're gone they're gone forever.

I am so glad I snagged it!!!:love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that looks amazing - super-sharp faceting and great light performance!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
where did you get the setting?
Beautiful stone, Melissa is the bomb.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Firstly, I am so surprised to see this forum! I am guessing that its existence means that the oath we took to not post simulants has become void. So...secondly, soxfan, you and I had EXACTLY the same idea. Here's mine. In fact, I think the photo you posted is of my setting. I commissioned it based on a smaller one they had done.

winkcz-rosegold.JPG

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results