shape
carat
color
clarity

Wine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just had 2 bottles of Yellow Tail Shiraz - enjoyed it very much. (I didn''t drink 2 bottles, just opened 2 bottles to share with friends during dinner!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am in Southern BC on vacation and visited the Inniskillan and Tinhorn Creek Vineyards yesterday with some lovely wine tasting in the heart of BC wine country.....

Bought the Iniskillan gold metal winners--Zinfindel & Icewine to take home; and drank a Tinhorn Gerwtz that was refreshing.

cheers--Sharon

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We had a great Aussie red at our wedding reception. Stonehaven Shiraz Cabernet blend ($12.99 I think). It was the most popular drink at the wedding and one of the few red wines I actually like!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg is currently in love with this Spanish wine 'Sinols' that we tried at a recent wine tasting...we served it recently at an impromptu gathering at our house after dinner and everyone loved it! It's something like $17.99 at the local wine place.

I'm still obsessed with my moscato d'asti...I found one I like so much I bought about 10 bottles so far!!
31.gif
I better keep stocking up! These little 1/2 bottles don't go very far.

canukgal...LOVE canadian icewine! My friend brings us back some at times on his trips~!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Since you like the desert wines, have you tried the Bonnie Doon Vin de Glacier? Yummm.... Bonny Doon is not too far from you, so might make a good day trip if you haven''t already been there. They specialize in the unusual rather than the traditional wines for the most part. We always meant to get there, but never did, and it was almost in our back yard...
7.gif
You can get the Vin de Glacier at most wine shops. For the price, I think it is a good as many of the pricey Saternes, etc.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep Lop I've seen the Bonny Doon icewine in the stores...but haven't bought any yet..so far my Canadian friend brings back enough to keep me going for a while, I love the ice wines but they are SO thick so I can't drink very much at once. They stay corked for a while...we usually open them at parties!

Right now we don't have any so we'll see if I get desperate!
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2005 2:06:01 AM
Author: Mara
yep Lop I''ve seen the Bonny Doon icewine in the stores...but haven''t bought any yet..so far my Canadian friend brings back enough to keep me going for a while, I love the ice wines but they are SO thick so I can''t drink very much at once. They stay corked for a while...we usually open them at parties!

Right now we don''t have any so we''ll see if I get desperate!
31.gif
HI:

Am still in BC and getting close to pickled with all the wine we are drinking
2.gif
...LOL
Will visit another few wineries before leaving
Had a Sumac Ridge sparkling since I love sparklings/champagene so much, and it was almost a blush but was was way to fruity for our palates quite a mouthful in fact

Mara: I also like the icewines and was greatly surprised to learn my husband does also (married twenty years and still learning) and you are right that they do stay well corked for sometime since the occasion do drink them may not arise everyday like most others wines....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Back from our vacation from desert and wine country in southern British Columbia--visited about 10 of the dozen local wineries and mostly enjoyed them all. Great way to see the country and taste its pride!!

This pic is from the Tinhorn Creek vineyard. Beautiful location!!

wine1.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t you just hate family vacationo photos?? stick around!!! my and my dear husband and some good background viewing

wine3.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mission Hill vineyard in Kelowna. Unbelievably beautiful vistas--on top of the mountain and Lake Okanagan below.....

wine4.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
where we lunched on grilled duck breast in a cab sav reduction......

wine5.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one before ya''ll barf...pictures don''t do the scene justice...I recommend a wine vacation to anyone!!!

wine6.JPG

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon:

You are giving me some great ideas!! Love the scenic shots and you and your dh and ds look like you are having a wonderful time.

Heather

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 11:09:02 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Back from our vacation from desert and wine country in southern British Columbia--visited about 10 of the dozen local wineries and mostly enjoyed them all. Great way to see the country and taste its pride!!

This pic is from the Tinhorn Creek vineyard. Beautiful location!!

LOL! Gotta ask - is it you or your son holding that wine glass?!? From his expression, it seems it might be him!
6.gif
Hee-hee!

Looks like a great vacation! Thanks for sharing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2005 5:59:19 PM
Author: JCJD

Date: 7/18/2005 11:09:02 AM
LOL! Gotta ask - is it you or your son holding that wine glass?!? From his expression, it seems it might be him!
6.gif
Hee-hee!

Looks like a great vacation! Thanks for sharing.
HI:

Yes, he is a card--and is holding a wine glass; they serve carbonated fruit juice (YUM-E) to the kids while their parents sample the harder stuff......

BTW, congrats on your recent nuptuals Mrs. JCJD
36.gif
--and how is your doctoral program going??
34.gif

cheers--Sharon

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great vacation Sharon! Nice pics

Okay some recent tastings:

2000 Chateau St Jean Cinq Cepages - a great wine from an OK vintage. very oaky with nice fruit and finish. Was listed in a restaurant for $64, a very reasonable mark up for this wine. Couldn''t resist

Tattinger Brut NV - this was really nice. medium body with nice toasty and yeast notes

Laurant Perrier Brut NV - light citrus, OK, but most preferred the Tat

Roederer Estates Anderson Valley Brut NV - one of my favorite cali sparklers. a little lighter than I remembered

2002 Kendall Jackson Vintners Reserve Chard: A mainstream cali chard. very pleasant oaky, a little lean in the mid palate and short finish. Available at Costco for $10.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2005 2:41:26 PM
Author: noobie
Wow, great vacation Sharon! Nice pics

Okay some recent tastings:

2000 Chateau St Jean Cinq Cepages - a great wine from an OK vintage. very oaky with nice fruit and finish. Was listed in a restaurant for $64, a very reasonable mark up for this wine. Couldn''t resist

Tattinger Brut NV - this was really nice. medium body with nice toasty and yeast notes

Laurant Perrier Brut NV - light citrus, OK, but most preferred the Tat

Roederer Estates Anderson Valley Brut NV - one of my favorite cali sparklers. a little lighter than I remembered

2002 Kendall Jackson Vintners Reserve Chard: A mainstream cali chard. very pleasant oaky, a little lean in the mid palate and short finish. Available at Costco for $10.
HI:

A man after my own heart--a champagne admirer.......The last sparkling you mentioned was recently recommended to me and the next sparkling purchase on my list; thanks for jogging my memory....I am still on BC wine...I mean time hahahaha

Got my fill of whites while away: Auxerrois, Resiling''s, Gewtz''s, Pino Gris''s, Pino Gringo (sp?), Trebbiano, non oaked Chards, and hence some new fav''s.

And in addition to the two Icewines I brought home, bought some great dessert wines. YUM-E.

cheers--Sharon

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Amazing white wine from Oregon, Evolution ... I love it -- it''s sweet, but not too sweet.

Apparently it''s a mix of three grapes -- a bit different each year, but so yummy!

Cheap too...$17 ... and it has a cool little saying on the bottle!

I want some now!
18.gif

klr

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Another sparkler for you Sharon

1999 Argyle from Oregon. I think Wine Spectator gave this a 91 rating. I probably would not agree. It''s a light citrus style if you like that syle and it was quite nice. Howver if you prefer heavier styles like Krug and Bollinger as I do, it may not be your fav.

Also had some Mumm Napa Rose. I like Rose Champagne, but this one was a summertime quaffer. Did it''s job, but don''t expect much. Fine Rose Champagne can be hard to find at a reasonable price.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yikes, is everyone on the wagon??
2.gif
I''m going to suggest that blondes really do have more fun...been drinking a lot of white lately.

Noob: tried that "Cali sparkler" you recommended (REANV)--and it was tasty, but is it possible it is a bit tart?

For our anniversary we drank the usual crowd pleasers--Mum''s Carte Classic, not expensive and just an old fave of mine--got that minor hint of sweetness that I prefer; and some Moet and Chandon Brut Imperial that was a yeasty toast. Also enjoyed the cava from Spain Segura Viudas as it is a good quaff for a few very small bucks--but then again, I really like many Spanish cava''s.

I''ll vote once again for BC wines--the Jackson Triggs 2003 Estate Viognier is quite refreshing; and across the ocean the NZ Oyster Bay Sav. Blanc (hope I got that right...) also quite fruity and light.

cheers--Sharon
emcocktl.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
All this wine talk, has me wanting to ask all of you -

Can someone suggest something to fill this order?

Red
Very Soft, velvet tasting
No pepperery taste
No tannic after taste

???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results