shape
carat
color
clarity

Windex wipes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hi one of my girlfriends keeps a little box of windex wipes in her car and wipes down her e-ring with them and her other diamond jewellery when she thinks they are dirty but she doesn''t have time to give them a good clean.

Any ladies on here do this?

I have heard you can clean diamonds with windex but do you think the wipes are ok to use too?
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this being done before? I think it might be a good idea if they are safe to use but I''m not sure.

Thanks
21.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure it''s fine.

Environmentally speaking...not that great.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Windex is a good cleaner for jewellery and diamonds in particular, however it wouldn't be good to use the wipes on a long term basis without rinsing the ring, you really want to rinse the chemicals off afterwards. This wouldn't harm the diamond, but it might not be great for the setting over time.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I think you''d get better results by carrying a little toothbrush in a purse and every time you go to the restroom, give it a light UNDERSIDE scrub when washing hands. A top wipe does little to nothing (in my opinion)-may as well lick it and wipe it on a shirt! lol
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would recommend a cleaning/polishing cloth for diamonds. I carry one in my purse all the time. They''re dry, but definitely help.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!

justjulia too funny LOL!

Ellen I agree the cloth is a good idea and fits well in a purse.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results