shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you get the Covid 19 Booster vaccine when it is available to you?

Will you get the booster?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 181 82.3%
  • 2. No

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • 3. Undecided

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The claim that coronavirus deaths in Gibraltar have been caused by the vaccine, not the virus, has been shared on social media. This claim is false.

Reuters Fact Check. REUTERS
Examples can be seen (here , (here).

“Gibraltar is 2.6 square miles in size. On 6th January they had only 10 covid deaths in total. The vaccine arrived to the island on 10th January. By 20th of January there were 53 deaths. Today worldometer is showing that there are now 70 deaths. SEVENTY!! Why is no one talking about Gibraltar?”, the posts read.

The coronavirus vaccination programme began on Jan. 10 in Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory on the southern tip of the Iberian peninsula (here).

By that date, there had been a total of 16 COVID-19 deaths recorded by the government (here).

By the 20th, this had increased to 53 (here), and to 70 seven days later (here).

But there is no evidence whatsoever that these deaths are linked to the roll out of the vaccine.

The increase appears to be part of an upward trend that started before the first vaccine dose was administered.

On Jan. 27, the government said in a statement that out of the more than 11,000 people who had been vaccinated, six had died for unrelated reasons (here).

“The Gibraltar Health Authority can confirm that there is no evidence at all of any causal link between these six deaths and the inoculation with the Pfizer vaccine”, the press release said. “Statements to the contrary on social media are entirely untrue.”

According to the government, these six people appear to have caught COVID-19 before they were vaccinated.

“Despite testing for COVID-19 before vaccination, the infection had not been detected in them at the time they were vaccinated, but in the days immediately after.”

These people were all aged between 70 and 100, the government said.

Reuters fact check has debunked similar claims about COVID-19 vaccine safety (here , here) and (here).

VERDICT​

False. There is no evidence that the increase in COVID-19 deaths in Gibraltar are in anyway linked to the vaccine.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The only link between the video I posted and your post above is the word: Gibraltar. FACT

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only link between the video I posted and your post above is the word: Gibraltar. FACT

False. Read my post. It’s completely false Gloria. I’m done responding to you. You cannot seem to comprehend facts. But thanks for the entertainment.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Moderna booster done the first day available - after a Johnson and Johnson round one. Felt a little sicker than the first go around, but was not too bad.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FACT: you did not watch the video and posted 16 minutes after I posted, the video is 24 minutes so there's no way you've watched anything hence you have no idea what is being discussed in that video.

Stating that something is false does not make it so.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, this is not the place for fighting about a public health issue. Post info from reliable sources such as public health agencies only please. We will be removing links to conspiracy theory videos from either “side”.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Um, there were no conspiracy theory link or videos, just videos of a real doctor discussing studies published by official sources like the BMJ (British Medical Journal).
The other guy is Russel Brand, he always discusses stuff from an impartial stance, and gets his info from trusted official sources (can be checked).

It's better to just say nothing here is up for discussion, it's just an echo chamber.
My time is better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that my husband has now also had his booster, and my daughter should get it next month sometime.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First day of my eligibility for the booster. (5 months minus three days after dose 2). Got an appointment right for today and am grateful to have this privilege.

Moderna after the first two doses of Pfizer.

ETA: First year the flu shot was recommended for me too. So got that as well

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
First day of my eligibility for the booster. (5 months minus three days after dose 2). Got an appointment right for today and am grateful to have this privilege.

Moderna after the first two doses of Pfizer.

ETA: First year the flu shot was recommended for me too. So got that as well

How do you feel after getting the booster and the flu shot at the same time?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not Kipari, but I also got them at the same time (Pfizer booster though, not Moderna). The flu arm was very painfully sore for a few days, whereas the Covid arm was a little sore just on the day I got the shots. I was a bit more tired that afternoon and went to bed earlier than normal. My period skipped which happened with the first two Covid shots. That was it, no other symptoms.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi @seaurchin , sorry I was not 100% precise. I was a bit apprehensive to get both on the same day, so I had the flu shot 4 days earlier. I haven't had any reaction besides a red itchy spot at the injection site of the flu vaccine. It's like a bad mosquito bite.

7 hours after the booster I'm feeling totally normal, just slightly tenderness at the injection site (like a bruise).
Please keep your fingers crossed for me...
For Pfizer 1 I had vision troubles for about 2 hours which started 2 hours after the shot plus a sore arm fie about a week. Shot 2 just a hard egg - like bump at the injection site that lasted for about 3-4 weeks.

I'll keep you posted how the booster goes for me..

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if I will get the booster. I had some unusual reactions, and it definitely caused my lupus to flare. I think I could deal with that if I made antibodies, and could go back to some semblance of a normal life. Unfortunately, I made no antibodies....literally none. My doctors are perplexed, and have no explanation. I don't think I'll take the risk of the booster. I hope there is something else in the works for people like me.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update : got the shot at 12.30 p.m. yesterday. Sore arm only.

Was hyper alert the whole night and couldn't sleep ( totally unusual for me).

Now it's 10 a.m. here and I have chills, very sore arm and gi issues.

Hi @seaurchin , sorry I was not 100% precise. I was a bit apprehensive to get both on the same day, so I had the flu shot 4 days earlier. I haven't had any reaction besides a red itchy spot at the injection site of the flu vaccine. It's like a bad mosquito bite.

7 hours after the booster I'm feeling totally normal, just slightly tenderness at the injection site (like a bruise).
Please keep your fingers crossed for me...
For Pfizer 1 I had vision troubles for about 2 hours which started 2 hours after the shot plus a sore arm fie about a week. Shot 2 just a hard egg - like bump at the injection site that lasted for about 3-4 weeks.

I'll keep you posted how the booster goes for me..

In bed with a hot water bottle & tea & paracetamol.

Still grateful I have the booster, just reporting for others!!!

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update : got the shot at 12.30 p.m. yesterday. Sore arm only.

Was hyper alert the whole night and couldn't sleep ( totally unusual for me).

Now it's 10 a.m. here and I have chills, very sore arm and gi issues.

In bed with a hot water bottle & tea & paracetamol.

Still grateful I have the booster, just reporting for others!!!

Hope you feel better soon!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mum got boostered today.

She initially had two doses of AZ and now got the booster after only 4 months because she's super paranoid.

She's absolutely fine! Not even a sore arm!

She's probably take half a dozen shots if they let her and she'll be as right as rain! I'll tell you guys if she gets another shot in a few months!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my booster (Pfizer, after 2 other Pfizers) yesterday, along with my shingles shot. It's been 22 hours, and so far just a tiny bit sore in the Pfizer arm.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Got mine last week.

Although the booster shot is supposed to give fewer side effects than Shot #2, I really got slammed this time; with fever, chills, tiredness, and general malaise. So much so that I had to spend 3 days in bed. The whole time that I felt bad, I kept thinking that if COVID is worse than this, I'm sure thankful I got vaccinated.

For my first shot, I didn't have many (if any side effects). I felt a tiny bit more tired than normal, but not enough to really blame the shot. Three days later, I ended up with a single, mysterious, tiny, pus filled sore on my pinkie finger. Weird.

However, for shot #2, I then ended up with full blown "COVID Arm". It started on Day #3 & kept getting worse & worse for the next 4 days. By the end of a week, my entire arm swelled to twice its normal size. PLUS, it had a HARD baseball size, very painful lump at the injection site. The entire arm down to my wrist was vivid red: like a bad sunburn. Somewhere along the line, little pus-filled white bumps formed on top of the redness and hard lump. I had a really bad case of COVID Arm. Thank goodness, I didn't get the itching that I've read that many people with COVID Arm have suffered. Still, my entire injection arm was extremely sore and remained quite painful for over 3 full weeks. That seems to be longer than "average" COVID Arm. My arm also looked nastier than any photo of COVID Arm I've seen on the Web. Plus, the lymph nodes on that side also were swollen & painful. The lymph node situation lasted longer than the lump, white bumps, and redness. But eventually, all went away. And I was happy to be fully vaccinated.

I was afraid that I might get COVID Arm with my booster shot. Instead, I got more typical side effects. They hit me pretty hard but went away. A few days of feeling yucky, as a side effect of the vaccine, sure beats what can happen if you get COVID.

My husband (older) had no side effects with his first shot, only about an hour of very slight chills 12 hours after his second shot, and absolutely no side effects after his booster shot.

I would have been happier to have-not-have-had the side effects I got from my vaccinations. But if I'm more protected from disease, the temporary vaccination side effects were a small price to pay.

Both my husband and I got Moderna for all 3 of our shots.

COVID is such a weird disease in that it effects different people in different ways. Obviously, side effects from the vaccination (that protects against COVID) acts in a similar manner.

I got my flu shot separately and didn't even get a sore arm. Ditto with my husband.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I got my Moderna booster on 11/18. I got a full dose per my doctor’s orders. (FYI - as noted above- the Moderna booster is typically a half dose. But my dr wanted me to get a full dose.) I received the J&J on 3/5/21. I has a mild reaction to the booster - sore arm, body aches.

But…. On Tuesday 11/23 I wasn’t feeling well and got tested. Yep… a Covid breakthrough case. So on Wednesday night I got the monoclonal antibody treatment at the hospital ER. That stuff is the bomb. I’m immunosuppressed/compromised due to RA drugs and I was feeling pretty lousy. The treatment helped. I am pretty careful and don’t do a lot out in Covid world. I walk outside but still get groceries delivered. I see a few select friends outside and go for walks with them. But not a whole lot else. Everyone I know is vaccinated and has gotten the booster. But my world is fairly small still.

So I think I caught it either getting the booster at Walgreens (or at the doctor’s office (2days before the booster.). At Walgreens there were unmasked people that I stayed far away from.

Thanksgiving and the next 10 days plus I spent quarantined. My 22 year old daughter lives with me right now. She didn’t catch it and she quarantined too. My bf didn’t catch it. He quarantined. I allowed the Colorado gov covid people to reach out to anyone I may have come in contact with - no one else caught it. I wore a mask in my house and stayed in my room except to get food

I feel very fortunate to have been able to get the monoclonal antibody treatment. I also feel fortunate that I had a fairly mild case. It still wasn’t fun and felt like a really bad flu. My lasting symptom is fatigue but that is getting better.

While I had a bad cough my O2 never got below 95. Which for Colorado was pretty good. I can only imagine how sick people feel to get admitted to the hospital.

oh I got flu shot a few weeks earlier. No problem with it.

I will continue to get whatever boosters my doctors tell me to. Covid is miserable and I don’t want it again.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had Moderna jabs & I am booked for a Pfizer booster on 20th December, which will be 6 months on from the 2nd jab. I had my first flu jab 5 weeks ago as I'm under the age threshold here in the UK, but this winter ALL school staff have been asked to have it. No side effects.

Both my Covid jabs caused a very sore arm & some slight lethargy for a couple of days, so hoping for nothing worse with the booster with it being so close to Christmas.

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
I got my Pfizer booster this past Tuesday. The first two shots I had zero side effects but the booster really got me. Super fatigued, the first night I had horrible chills, and it’s day 3 and I still have a slight headache. I’m really hoping it goes away soon. It’s been rough and I wasn’t expecting this since the other shots went well.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DD got her Pfizer booster 2 days ago and has a swollen armpit! She says it hurts! She didn’t react like that to the first two shots.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DH had the Pfizer booster yesterday. Zero after effects.

cheers--Sharon

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got my booster today, just a bit tired, but probably because of overworked, not the vaccine..... so far so good.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
today i feel so much worse than yesterday, achy muscle, low grade fever, cold chills. Just like typical flu symptoms. I'd like to just lie in bed, but got tons of work today, so i have been at my computer all day. I was super tired during all the zoom meetings today. Not good feeling.

I really look forward to sending all my crap out today, and sleep in tomorrow.....

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I always get a really sore arm that typically lasts for ~3 days fter my annual flu shot. So sore that I can't really lift my arm higher than shoulder height. And my arm was also super sore for about 3 days after both of my Moderna Covid shots and my first Shingles shot which I got about 5 weeks ago. Other than the sore arm, my husband and I had no symptoms to speak of after our first Moderna shot but then both had about 18 hours of feeling ill after the second shot. Also had about 18 hours of feeling ill after our first Shingles shot.

Two weeks ago we got our Covid booster and flu shot (one in each arm). Very surprisingly neither arm ever became really sore. I did notice that the CVS pharmacist who gave us our shots injected the vaccine very slowly so I'm not sure if his method of administration was the reason our arms weren't sore but I was very grateful to not have that side effect. I also had no other side effects from the Covid booster but my husband felt ill but the symptoms lasted a shorter amount of time and were less severe than with his second shot.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boris Johnson has just done a Nationwide broadcast this evening, to say that from tomorrow booster jabs will be available to everyone over 16 & that by the end of December, he expects the entire adult population to have been boosted. The jabs are available & the clinics & vaccination centers will be open around the clock.

The UK now has several patients with Omicron in intensive care, not quite two weeks from when it was first detected here. It's quite alarming that it is doubling infections every two days. My booster is booked for a week tomorrow, so I shall be going out as little as possible, wearing my mask at school (mandatory here as of 2 weeks ago) & sanitising my hands every few minutes.

Keep healthy & well, everyone.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Boris Johnson has just done a Nationwide broadcast this evening, to say that from tomorrow booster jabs will be available to everyone over 16 & that by the end of December, he expects the entire adult population to have been boosted. The jabs are available & the clinics & vaccination centers will be open around the clock.

The UK now has several patients with Omicron in intensive care, not quite two weeks from when it was first detected here. It's quite alarming that it is doubling infections every two days. My booster is booked for a week tomorrow, so I shall be going out as little as possible, wearing my mask at school (mandatory here as of 2 weeks ago) & sanitising my hands every few minutes.

Keep healthy & well, everyone.

Can you pull your booster forwards if you want to? Mine was booked for early January (6 months post second shot) but I was able to move it forwards to yesterday after the gap from initial course to boosters was shortened to 3 months. The NHS pop-up clinic we went to was also accepting walk-ins. Given that injections take a week or two to increase immunity, it might be worth getting it asap with all the talk of a omicron tsunami.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you pull your booster forwards if you want to? Mine was booked for early January (6 months post second shot) but I was able to move it forwards to yesterday after the gap from initial course to boosters was shortened to 3 months. The NHS pop-up clinic we went to was also accepting walk-ins. Given that injections take a week or two to increase immunity, it might be worth getting it asap with all the talk of a omicron tsunami.

Yes you can. My booster was initially booked for Jan 4th, six months after my 2nd jab, but I decided last week after the reduction to 3 months to pull it forward. There isn't a walk in near to me (would have to travel towards Manchester) so I am booked into a clinic for 20th Dec. If you go onto the NHS website you can select 'Manage My Bookings' and arrange to change it. If there is a walk in near to you, I would recommend you go there & get your booster BEFORE you cancel your other booking online. Otherwise you may find, as you have to cancel your existing booking before arranging a new one, that there are no sooner slots for you to book & you may end up further away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results