shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you get the Covid 19 Booster vaccine when it is available to you?

Will you get the booster?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 181 82.3%
  • 2. No

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • 3. Undecided

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Slick1 and @MamaBee! My arm is very sore and my back is aching. It's not too bad though. I am glad to hear you aren't bad either @MamaBee!

That’s great @Gussie! I hope your back feels better…
I’m usually achy all over but I feel great this morning. I also usually have insomnia. I slept like a baby last night. My arm is sore but it didn’t bother me enough to change positions when I was sleeping. I’m hoping for a low grade fever..:roll2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update to Moderna #3..It’s over 24 hours now..I started running a little warm. I’m two degrees above my normal. I never deviate..If I do.. I get colder. When I get checked at a door before entering any place that takes your temperature.... they ask me if I’m dead..haha Two degrees above is a low grade fever for me. I also have little bit of a headache. My arm still hurts..I’m a happy camper.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update to Moderna #3..It’s over 24 hours now..I started running a little warm. I’m two degrees above my normal. I never deviate..If I do.. I get colder. When I get checked at a door before entering any place that takes your temperature.... they ask me if I’m dead..haha Two degrees above is a low grade fever for me. I also have little bit of a headache. My arm still hurts..I’m a happy camper.

I'm not sure if I should say that sucks or if I'm happy for you :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they ask me if I’m dead..haha

:lol:

I used to pout that no one ever carded me for alcohol purchases because I obviously look, um, old, and I feel much better now that I've never been asked if I'm dead.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. People who got the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine are often ignored. Today’s newsletter is for them.​
mail
A nurse preparing a Johnson & Johnson shot in the Bronx in July.James Estrin/The New York Times​

What about us?​

We’ve heard the question from friends, family members and dozens of readers: Should people who received the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine be getting a booster shot?​
Karen, a Morning reader in Michigan, wrote to us: “Since receiving mine in March, I am wondering what the facts are. I am frightened.” Leah in California wrote: “Information about J.&J. is not communicated at all!” Lauren from Nashville asked: “What’s the guidance for us?”​
Today’s newsletter is for them. We will try to lay out the facts so you can make your own decision.​
You can find a longer version of today’s newsletter online, with more detail and explanation. In the email version, we will focus on nine main points.​

The key points​

1. From the start, J.&J.’s single-shot vaccine has appeared to be less effectivethan the two-shot vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer. The J.&J. shot still provides good protection against serious illness, but not as much as the others. And the Delta variant may be widening the gap.​
2. Federal officials have suggested they are likely to approve a booster shot for J.&.J recipients eventually. But any approval seems to be weeks away, if not months.​
3. Regardless, many J.&J. recipients are less interested in receiving a second J.&J. shot than in getting a follow-up shot with either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine — sometimes known as a “mix-and-match” approach.​
4. Many experts believe that this approach will be effective, maybe even more effective than two shots of the same vaccine. Britain has used this strategy, giving many people who received the AstraZeneca vaccine (which is similar to J.&J.’s) a second shot with Moderna’s or Pfizer’s.​
5. But there is still not much data on the benefits or the risks of combining a J.&J. shot with a different vaccine.​
6. Numerous doctors and experts who themselves received the J.&J. vaccine aren’t waiting for the government to act. They have gotten a follow-up Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. “Sometimes public health requires making tough decisions without a complete data set to support it,” Angela Rasmussen, a virologist who received a Pfizer shot after having received the J.&J. vaccine, has written. The city of San Francisco also began offering a Moderna or Pfizer booster shot to J.&J. recipients about a month ago.​
7. When Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the C.D.C., was asked whether she considered it a mistake for J.&J. recipients to pursue a Moderna or Pfizer follow-up shot, she said, “Not with what I’ve seen so far.” From the head of a notoriously cautious agency, that was a remarkable and telling statement.​
8. Getting a follow-up shot with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines may not be easy. Because the government has not authorized them, doctors often refuse to give them. Many people are understandably frustrated by the situation: It can feel like there is one set of rules for people with medical connections and another set of rules for everyone else.​
9. Still, if you want a shot, you have a few options. You can try different drugstores or clinics, hoping to find one that is willing to give a Pfizer or Moderna shot to a J.&J. recipient — or one that won’t ask about your history. You can also choose to be less than fully honest. You won’t be alone.​

The bottom line​

Here’s the brief case for getting a Pfizer or Moderna shot as a follow-up to a J.&J. shot: The available evidence suggests you will benefit. There are no signs of worrisome side effects so far. And the Delta variant is an even bigger threat to human life than earlier versions of Covid. By waiting, you may be allowing bureaucratic caution to get in the way of your health.​
Here’s the brief case against a follow-up shot: A single shot of the J.&J. vaccine still provides good protection, and the government may soon allow a second J.&J. shot. There is not yet rigorous data on the benefits or risks of the mix-and-match approach with J.&J. And you may need to resort to some deviousness to get another shot.​
We understand why so many people are flummoxed.​

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What's the Right Dose for COVID Boosters?​

— FDA must demand dosing data before giving full approval​

by Garth W. Strohbehn, MD, MPhil, William F. Parker, MD, PhD, and Alex Tabarrok, PhD
A close up of a syringe drawing clear liquid from a vial

The Biden administration says booster shots are coming, but the FDA hasn't decided on the dose. Moderna wants a half-shot booster. Pfizer a full shot. But could the best dose for Americans and for the world be even less?
COVID-19 vaccines are the first successful use of mRNA vaccine technology, so a lot remains unknown. But identifying the smallest dose needed to provide effective boosting is critical to protect Americans from adverse effects, increase confidence in vaccines, and mitigate global vaccine inequity.

We've known since earlier this year that a half-dose of the Moderna vaccineproduces antibody levels similar to the standard-dose and newer information suggests that even a quarter-dose vaccine may do the same. If a half or quarter dose is nearly as effective as a standard dose for first and second shots then a full dose booster may well be an overdose. The essential task of a booster is to "jog" the immune system's memory of what it's supposed to fight. Data from the world of hepatitis B suggest that the "reminder" need not be as intense as the initial "lesson." And in the cases of tuberculosis, meningitis, and yellow fever vaccines, lower doses have been as good or better than the originals.
Lower doses could also reduce risks of adverse effects. Concerns about vaccine-associated inflammation of heart muscle, called myocarditis, in adolescents and young adults were validated in a large observational study out of Israel. Compared to lower doses of vaccine, boosting with the full dose may increase the risk of myocarditis. Presumably, this is why the FDA mandated Pfizer to study lower vaccine doses as a condition of granting full approval to the two-shot series.

The FDA demanding a similarly thorough process from boosters may bring added benefits. The majority of unvaccinated people cite side effects and safety concerns as major reasons for remaining unprotected. Reducing the booster dose to the smallest amount needed to generate an immune response might even help restore confidence in the regulatory process among the mildly skeptical unvaccinated.
The chosen booster dose also has profound implications for global vaccine equity. Producing boosters for developed countries will reduce the supply of first and second doses available to countries where most people haven't received a first dose. A slower vaccine rollout in the developing world isn't just unfair -- it increases the death toll and likely facilitates the emergence of more variants. After all, it was from unvaccinated populations beyond America's shores that the Delta variant first emerged.
The Biden administration says it wants 100 million boosters in 2021 alone. If we can boost 100 million Americans with the equivalent of only 25 million "full doses," then the remaining 75 million doses that were budgeted for can be donated abroad to low-income countries who need the protection of first and second shots, potentially saving tens of thousands of lives while simultaneously enhancing our own safety. Vaccinating the world ought to remain a top priority both scientifically and diplomatically.

Both Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech have ongoing trials with low-dose boosters using antibodies as their key endpoint. Consistent with the backbone the FDA has thus far shown in the booster debate, the agency should demand this data before approving a booster shot, or at the very least make full approval conditional upon its emergence. Preventing booster "over-dosing" is a straightforward but critical step to ensure that Americans are protected from adverse effects and also that the precious global vaccine supply is used optimally.
There is still time to avoid conspicuous vaccine consumption and reduce potential risks of rare adverse side effects by demanding that lower dose boosters be appropriately vetted and considered. Many lives and America's global image depend on it.
The views expressed in this op-ed do not represent the views of the U.S. federal government or the authors' employers.
Garth W. Strohbehn, MD, MPhil, is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Michigan and a member of the Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management and Research, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. William F. Parker, MD, PhD, is an assistant professor of pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of Chicago and assistant director of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, based in Chicago, Illinois. Alex Tabarrok, PhD, is the Bartley J. Madden chair in economics at the Mercatus Center and a professor of economics at George Mason University, based in Arlington, Virginia.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

New Pfizer data makes case for booster shots 6 months after primary doses​

SASHA PEZENIK, SONY SALZMAN, ERIC M. STRAUSS and CHEYENNE HASLETT
Wed, September 15, 2021, 7:15 AM

The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday released new data from Pfizer's submitted application to approve booster doses of its Covid-19 vaccine. In it, Pfizer demonstrates what it sees as proof that third shot will be both safe and necessary for most Americans to take, arguing that immunity wanes over time -- regardless of any new variant of concern.
It comes two days ahead of a critical juncture in the COVID-19 vaccine booster approval process: Friday, the Food and Drug Administration's independent advisory committee (VRBPAC) is set to convene to review and discuss the latest data on potential booster doses of the Pfizer vaccine. The committee will be asked to vote on whether a booster dose is safe enough for widespread use -- and whether it's necessary and effective at improving protection levels.

In mid-August, the FDA authorized boosters of Moderna and Pfizer for the roughly 7 million immunocompromised Americans who didn't get an optimal immune response to their initial vaccine doses.

Pfizer/BioNTech, which partnered to develop the nation's first fully approved vaccine, has said it has early data suggesting a booster dose anywhere from six to 12 months after the second dose will help maintain a high level of protection; Pfizer asked the FDA to approve booster doses of its vaccine in late August by submitting an application and data. On Wednesday morning, the FDA made that data public.

While the independent members of the VRBPAC's votes are not binding, the agency takes its recommendations under serious advisement in deciding whether to grant vaccines new authorization or approval. If and when a recommendation does come to green light booster shots, several additional steps must follow before it's time for more Americans to role up their sleeves a third time.

First, the FDA would need to formally amend its current vaccine approval for Pfizer; then the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's advisory committee (ACIP) will weigh to whom, and when, expanded booster shots should begin. Then, the CDC director must formally sign off on whether to recommend the vaccine to the public, including who it will be recommended for and at what time period. It's expected to be authorized for anyone eight months after their second dose. Authorization for Moderna and Johnson & Johnson may not be far behind.

The new data -- and proximate committee vote -- also come days before the Sept. 20 date set by the White House as the target to begin deploying booster shots for a wider pool of Americans.

The question of whether America's immunity is waning has become an urgent question in recent months with the rise of the delta variant and large pockets of the country still unvaccinated.

FDA acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock and CDC Director Rochelle Walensky -- both White House appointees -- endorsed President Joe Biden's Sept. 20 plan. However, it has been getting some pushback, with health experts criticizing the Sept. 20 boosters-for-all timeline as premature and prior to any ruling from their advisory groups.

Two top FDA officials who are leaving the agency later this year publicly waded into the booster debate on Monday, splitting from the agency and arguing in a scientific journal that it was too soon to give booster shots to the general public since the vaccines still offer strong protection against serious disease. One of them is scheduled to attend Friday's VRBPAC discussion.

"The message that boosting might soon be needed, if not justified by robust data and analysis, could adversely affect confidence in vaccines and undermine messaging about the value of primary vaccination," the officials wrote, backed by other worldwide organizations.
For their part, the Biden administration has emphasized that science will lead and federal regulators will have the final say -- and that their call to push out booster shots is motivated by wanting to "stay ahead" of the virus.
"You don't want to find yourself behind playing catch up," Dr. Anthony Fauci said when announcing the plan. "Better stay ahead of it than chasing after it."
New Pfizer data makes case for booster shots 6 months after primary doses originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An FDA advisory panel recommended emergency use authorization (EUA) of a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (Comirnaty) for individuals 65 and older, and those judged to be at high risk of severe COVID-19.

On Friday, the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) voted 18-0 that the known and potential benefits of a booster dose outweighed the known and potential risks for older adults, and for individuals 16 and up at high risk of severe disease.

The committee also agreed that healthcare workers and others at high risk for occupational exposure should be included in the EUA, which Peter Marks, MD, PhD, of FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), said could include frontline workers, such as teachers, and certain infrastructure workers.

However, full approval of a booster dose was not recommended for all individuals ages 16 and older, by a vote of 2-16, with the committee mainly citing lack of safety data for the general population, including the risk for myocarditis in younger men.

Not only that, but VRBPAC did not buy manufacturer Pfizer's argument about "waning vaccine efficacy" as a significant driver of transmission, as CDC staff noted that transmission in the U.S. was mainly driven by the unvaccinated population.

"I have major concerns with regards to the extrapolation of the much older population to 16- and 17-year-olds," said Archana Chatterjee, MD, PhD, of Rosalind Franklin University in North Chicago. "There is no data on this population at all and the safety database presented was too small."

Pfizer presented safety and immunogenicity data from a cohort of about 300 adults ages 18 and older from the phase I/II/III trials who received booster doses, including only 12 adults ages 65 and older. This was the only data the committee was allowed to consider in its first voting question on approval, though Marks said committee members could consider the "totality of the evidence."

Committee members were most struck by real-world data from Israeli, published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine(NEJM), that showed a benefit for a booster dose for adults ages 60 and older.

"The safety data we have reflects 60-year-olds," said Eric Rubin, MD, PhD, of Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston, and NEJM editor-in-chief. "That's quite different from 'people should get a third dose,'" which he described as "closer to being written as a mandate that everyone should get it."

Mark Sawyer, MD, of the University of California San Diego, was one of the only two "yes" votes on the first question, saying he thought approval for the general population was the "quickest, most efficient way for providers" to target certain high-risk populations who needed booster doses.

Sawyer also voted yes to the EUA question.

"I think this is a really amazing vote" for older adults and healthcare workers, who were vaccinated earlier and needed more protection, said Amanda Cohn, MD, of the CDC. She also said she was hopeful that once more data were available, they would reconvene to vote on a third dose for the general population.

Marks seemed to be leaning toward nudging the VRBPAC members to vote on the approval, taking time to show a slide from the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that showed that half of currently recommended vaccines require an additional dose 6 months after the primary series.

He added that the idea of preventing severe disease and hospitalization was only part of the job of a vaccine, as they are "indicated for various severities of disease prevention," including preventing continued spread of COVID-19 to vulnerable populations, such as children too young to be vaccinated.

Ultimately, the committee had no appetite for approval for a host of reasons. In addition to safety data, committee members said they wanted to see vaccines based on the circulating variant, studies of longer time between primary series and even a longer follow-up period following the booster dose to determine durability of immunity.

CDC staff also noted that they are currently evaluating data on the 1 million individuals who received a third dose of vaccine, and expect to make them available shortly.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
poly-tics is again starting to speak loud in deciding on a booster. Interesting to see which way it goes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl woohoo! Congrats!

@Karl_K yup. I agree 100% that was what the decision was based on...sad but IMO true.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A federal advisory panel on Friday voted against providing a third dose of Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine for everyone 16 and older, but they’re continuing to debate whether to authorize an additional dose for older adults. The vaccine’s makers had asked the Food and Drug Administration to approve boosters, six months after full vaccination, for anyone 16 and older. The FDA committee's decision, plus those made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and that agency's advisers, will influence whether boosters are available beginning Sept. 20 as the Biden administration has hoped.

The FDA advisers voted Pfizer’s general plan down; discussions on other recommendations were still ongoing as of Friday afternoon. To know any other major decisions coming out of the panel today, you can sign up for The Post's Health, Science and Environment news email alerts here.

Amid a lack of ventilators, clinicians and other necessities as hospitals treat an influx of covid-19 patients, some states are rationing medical care or preparing to do so. So many patients have been admitted to Idaho's hospitals the state has activated “crisis standards of care,” a rationing process designed to save as many lives as possible. A tough choice at the Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage is another example, where physicians had to decide how to divide two kidney dialysis machines among four patients.

“We’re at a place I don’t think U.S. health care has been at in over 100 years,” Bruce Siegel, president and CEO of a hospital trade group, told The Post. “We simply don’t have capacity in large parts of the country.”

New cases per 100,000 residents in California are among the lowest in the United States, after a difficult summer where the more transmissible delta variant triggered a spike in infections. All is not glittery in the Golden State, though. Hospitals ICUs, particularly in the Central Valley and rural north, have been overwhelmed. A lack of staff is hampering the response in this state, too. But mask mandates and a vigorous vaccine campaign have helped flatten the curve in California, experts told The Post.

President Biden said this week the “governors of Florida and Texas are doing everything they can to undermine the lifesaving requirements that I proposed," another salvo in the president and Republican officials’ bitter exchanges over vaccine mandates. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) responded by accusing the president of being “a habitual violator of the U.S. Constitution.” And GOP attorneys general published an open letter Thursday saying they would “seek every available legal option” against the requirements.

Hundreds of millions more doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be donated worldwide after the Biden administration purchases them, according to two people familiar with this deal. Details weren't final yet Friday — formal announcement of this plan is expected for next week. The United States has already bought 500 million doses for Covax, the World Health Organization-backed program to share vaccines with poorer nations.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Much of the world is still at single digit vax rates. I feel like countries where millions of doses are just being chucked down the drain should be doing more to send doses to countries that don't have the purchasing or negotiating power to secure 1st doses. But if they're here, and available, of course I will get a booster. It just seems shortsighted to let variants run rampant overseas and not expect it to eventually hit home. So even from a national self interest pov, the developed world needs to do more. Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know where to put this. I am so sad.
One of my closest friend's nephew just died from Covid. No pre-existing conditions.
He was 45.
He was not vaccinated.

She is beside herself with grief but also crazy angry at him.
But mainly filled with deep sadness.

A preventable tragedy.
I have no words.
I only have tears.
If only our tears could protect everyone from Covid.

:(

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my closest friend's nephew just died from Covid. No pre-existing conditions.
He was 45.
He was not vaccinated.

A preventable tragedy.
I have no words.
I only have tears.

It is sad, but so maddening, that this happened when it didn't need to. I just don't understand what people are thinking.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was 45.
He was not vaccinated.

A preventable tragedy.
I have no words.
I only have tears.

Oh @missy..That’s so sad…I really don’t understand how people can make a decision to not get vaccinated…I understand if they have a medical reason….but for everyone else…I just don’t understand. It’s so frustrating..and upsetting…I‘m so sorry Missy..

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy it's breaking my heart to read that. Covid is scary for this very reason - having and getting the vaccine is what gives me any peace of mind. I try but I have a hard time understanding why people are choosing not to get it (who don't have any medical reason not to).

As to the title of this thread - one of my kids, the one who is on remicaid and immunocompromised - just got her third shot (all three were Pfizer). She just had bit of a sore arm, same as the second shot. She's in-person at school this year (vs. remote last year) and wearing her mask despite her school being mask-optional. Having this third shot makes me feel a tiny bit better about her safety.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm so sorry. Everyone that I know who has passed has also been unvaccinated. The feelings are so complex.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is sad, but so maddening, that this happened when it didn't need to. I just don't understand what people are thinking.

Yes, I feel the same. And I am quite angry too. We just found out yesterday afternoon that someone we like and whose business we frequent often (outside) is not vaccinated. We consider him a friend and he deliberately kept it from us. Probably because I am very vocal about vaccination but I did suspect his son and girlfriend were not vaccinated but for some reason I didn't want to believe he wasn't especially because he knows how I feel.

So the fact he kept it from me pisses me off. If he was the upstanding human being I thought he was he would have ben upfront and said OK Melissa, I didn't get the vaccine and here are the reasons why. I would have been disappointed but if he had done that I wouldn't be as angry a I am now. Instead he kept his mouth shut. We are friends so I am disappointed. \

Oh @missy it's breaking my heart to read that. Covid is scary for this very reason - having and getting the vaccine is what gives me any peace of mind. I try but I have a hard time understanding why people are choosing not to get it (who don't have any medical reason not to).

As to the title of this thread - one of my kids, the one who is on remicaid and immunocompromised - just got her third shot (all three were Pfizer). She just had bit of a sore arm, same as the second shot. She's in-person at school this year (vs. remote last year) and wearing her mask despite her school being mask-optional. Having this third shot makes me feel a tiny bit better about her safety.

I am sorry @rainydaze and hope your daughter remains well and safe. This virus is scary and I am in astonishment at the selfishness of some people. Truly shocked. Healthy and strong people who aren't getting the vaccine because they think they will be fine if they get Covid. Not thinking one iota about those who cannot get the vaccine. I am angry.

Oh @missy..That’s so sad…I really don’t understand how people can make a decision to not get vaccinated…I understand if they have a medical reason….but for everyone else…I just don’t understand. It’s so frustrating..and upsetting…I‘m so sorry Missy..

Agree 100%. Thank you Joanne. Frustrating and upsetting indeed. And maddening. Completely maddening.

@missy I'm so sorry. Everyone that I know who has passed has also been unvaccinated. The feelings are so complex.

I hope everyone stays safe from this virus but especially hope those who are vaccinated and those who for valid medical reasons cannot get vaccinated all remain well. I have very mixed feelings.

For those who can get vaccinated but refuse to do so because they think they will be OK if they get Covid or because they refuse to believe the science though it is right in front of them? Well let the chips fall where they may. I am not going to rationalize for them any more.

They are adults and making their bed so to speak. But what about those vulnerable innocents who cannot get vaccinated? Young kids, people with serious health conditions where vaccination is contraindicated? What about these people? Why can't others give a dam*? What the heck is wrong with some people?

Nope, I am done rationalizing and trying to see the good in some people. Just going to accept the fact that some people are so selfish and just don't care about anyone but themselves. Disgusting. IMO.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a colleague who begrudgingly got her vaccine bc she is teacher and tho not mandated, the vax simplifies her life if she is exposed. However, she cried about it bc it went against her principles. She is happy and proud that her husband and her kids don’t want it. When I asked her what if something happens to them, she said it will be God’s will. She said God plays more of a role in Covid deaths bc population control and it’s his will. And finally. She claimed that a lot of people are dying bc of their reaction to Covid vaccine. There is no reasoning with her. Her final argument is—when our govt mandates abortions are illegal bc they truly care about lives, then the rest of non-vaxxer’s will truly believe that it is about saving lives and not the gov’t ‘s imposition of power. Sigh.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@missy Im so sorry to hear that. Prayers outgoing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a colleague who begrudgingly got her vaccine bc she is teacher and tho not mandated, the vax simplifies her life if she is exposed. However, she cried about it bc it went against her principles. She is happy and proud that her husband and her kids don’t want it. When I asked her what if something happens to them, she said it will be God’s will. She said God plays more of a role in Covid deaths bc population control and it’s his will. And finally. She claimed that a lot of people are dying bc of their reaction to Covid vaccine. There is no reasoning with her. Her final argument is—when our govt mandates abortions are illegal bc they truly care about lives, then the rest of non-vaxxer’s will truly believe that it is about saving lives and not the gov’t ‘s imposition of power. Sigh.

No words…:wall:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, I'm so sorry. Big hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We are right back to confusing and contrary messaging.
Not that we ever left it totally but now its just at stupid level again.
Get a booster, no dont get a booster, next week, next month, six months,8 months,next year, other countries already doing them. oh my. I dont think this could be any bigger of a cluster*bleep* if they tried.

When they are pushing to get hesitant people to get the shot this is surely not the way to do it!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they are pushing to get hesitant people to get the shot this is surely not the way to do it!

I'll agree with that statement, for sure. But I'm not sure that whether a booster is needed or not is the determining factor for most of the unvaccinated.

Honestly, I think most people, at least those over a certain age, who are already vaccinated, will think for themselves and go get a booster. I'm not really confused at all, given my age. I will get one when I'm 6 or 7 months post vaccine. No question in my mind.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impatiently waiting for the JJ booster!!! 94% efficacy at 2 months post first shot, twelvefold antibodies 6 months post first shot! I feel superhuman already!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, making fun of migrants is not appropriate. Please don't do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results