shape
carat
color
clarity

Will Vatche RC make .85 round look too small?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BoSox

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a RB around .85CT G-H SI1, it seems like DCD has the best selection in-house with crown and pavilion angles. However, they do not really have any settings that I like.

Has anyone seen their "classic" Tiffany setting? I havent found any pictures besides the ones on their site.

I am also considering the platinum Vatche RC, but I am worried this setting may make the stone look small compared to a more simple solitaire. (ring size is ~6). I guess I would have to drive to the closest Vatche retailer, about 3 hours and pay sales tax.

I also like the SuperbCert Tiffany setting. Does anyone know whether they will set a stone that was purchased elsewhere? My only issue for this setting is that it is fairly expensive for an unbranded setting. I would spend $975 plus setting cost when a Vatche brand setting would only be about 10% more at $1100.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what type of setting I should go with.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the Vatche Royal Crown!

I think you need to decide if you prefer a higher or lower setting. I think the RC would probably show off the stone more than the classic tiffany e-ring because it sits up higher. I also think a stone looks a bit bigger in a higher setting. The Tiffany style sits very low.

I''m not sure if Barry will set a stone bought elsewhere. You can e-mail him and ask. You might need to buy the setting from him and have it sent to DCD to have it set. Many people here recommend having the vendor from whom you purchase the diamond also do the setting.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I once had a 0.70 stone set in a RC setting and it looked beautiful and I got so many compliments on it.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
The only difference I can see is that in a RC setting more of the side of the diamond is covered up, which shouldn''t make it necessarily look smaller, especially looking at it from the top.

Go Sox!

bling

Shiny_Rock
i believe whiteflash and GOG have Vatche settings and may send to you or appraiser to have your stone set. you should just email them and ask them..
9.gif
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pretty sure you would like to see this thread if you haven't already. That 80 pointer turned out total finger coverage, and there are other setting that 'work' on the same principle too
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results